Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2013, 05:41 PM

33 posts, read 64,921 times

Advertisements

All these teams are such busts. Nats, Redskins, you name it. I don't see the Redskins making the playoffs again with RG3 for a long time. This year was such a fluke. 3-6 to playoffs to getting carted off the field. Running QBs never last long, too gimmicky. People are too embarrassed to even consider putting Cousins in the game even though he has proved himself beyond competent as a backup this year and RG3 can barely walk during the second half. Discuss.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2013, 05:45 PM

9,879 posts, read 14,139,423 times
I think a "sports town" is created by the fans. And DC tends to be a fair-weather fan group, IMO. Did you see the stadium in the last 5 minutes of the game? Pretty much empty. Fans should stay to support their team until the end (especially during the playoffs), not take off when it doesn't look good anymore.

Old 01-06-2013, 06:11 PM

2,366 posts, read 2,641,664 times
They weren't favored to win the game anyhow. Most so-called experts had them winning 3 games this season. One particular condescending poster who thinks he is funny said they wouldn't win 8 game. Once RGIII got off the field the first time, he should of stayed off. I don't think it was a fluke. They got better as the season went along after a much needed bye week and close out the regular season on a 7 game winning streak including sweeping the Eagles and Cowboys and got a win vs. the Giants. The Seahawks was getting outplayed until RGIII re-injured his knee. The game went in favor the Seahawks from that point on.

The Nationals weren't favored to win their division let alone have the best record in MLB and lost to the defending World Series Champs in 7 games.

I consider the Capitals a bust, since they keep returning to the playoffs and losing but as for the Nationals and Redskins, playoff appearances are rare for them.

Old 01-06-2013, 06:44 PM

999 posts, read 2,012,313 times
DC is a huge transplant town. DC has lots of smart people with PhDs, law degrees, MDs, and international people who could give two sh#ts about professional sports. People are more concerned about national political affairs and the crises happening around the globe today. They are concerned because that is their job or their intellectual interest. Well educated and well traveled people can find many weekend distractions that do not involve sports. Instead of sitting on their butts on the couch watching a football game, people go for long runs or bicycle rides.

People living in Denver, Chicago, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, St. Louis, Dallas and all of the other cities don't have the same concerns and occupations.

Cut the DC market some slack.

Old 01-06-2013, 06:47 PM

1,783 posts, read 3,889,732 times
Cleveland and Buffalo are far more famous for being busts. I mean at least the redskins and Nats won their respective divisions this year. They are young teams in their first year of finally being decent. If they can't win big in 2-3 years it would be safe to say they are busts.

Old 01-06-2013, 07:09 PM

10,125 posts, read 13,992,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrKicks View Post
All these teams are such busts. Nats, Redskins, you name it. I don't see the Redskins making the playoffs again with RG3 for a long time. This year was such a fluke. 3-6 to playoffs to getting carted off the field. Running QBs never last long, too gimmicky. People are too embarrassed to even consider putting Cousins in the game even though he has proved himself beyond competent as a backup this year and RG3 can barely walk during the second half. Discuss.
I'm a Nats fan, not a Redskins fan, but I think this post is a cowardly move. It seems like you waited as soon as the Redskin game was over to make an attack. Here's my take though. I think to say that Cousins is a competent QB is a ridiculous statement and I don't even understand why some Redskin fans are quick to draw a conclusion on him. At this point he basically only played a game and half in his career and we are already ready to declare what kind of QB he is? The issue is you have been winning with a QB, whether you like it or not, who carried the offense and you have the season on the line in a playoff game, would you really just be so quick to throw a back up QB that has only played one full game in his career in that kind of crucial situation? Did the Redskins keep RG3 in too long? Sure, but to make it seem like Kirk Cousins is this great proven commodity is ridiculous.

By the way, what kind of QB beat the Redskins, a running QB....

How can the Nats be a bust when they went from the worst team in the MLB three years ago to being the best?

Old 01-06-2013, 10:50 PM

720 posts, read 1,555,475 times
yes a rookie came in the league broke records, led his team to win the division from 3-6, and had them hosting their first playoff game in 13 years. What a bust

Old 01-07-2013, 07:30 AM

3,550 posts, read 6,492,798 times
well, personally I was like most people, I really didn't expect much at the beginning of the season. I remember thinking I would consider it a successful season if we beat the cowgirls at least once and finish with at least an 8-8 record. Well, not only did we beat the cowgirls once, we swept 'em, and won the frikking division with a 10-6 record! And as a bonus, we beat the ravens, with our backup QB no less! To me the two highlights of the season were watching tony romo crying on the sidelines, and watching that loudmouth ray lewis on the sidelines with his mouth SHUT for a change

Old 01-07-2013, 07:27 PM

513 posts, read 962,220 times
Karma is a ______________. The team name is REDSKIN.

NATS should make the playoffs again next year.

Old 01-07-2013, 07:35 PM

3,550 posts, read 6,492,798 times
Well, at least the wizards won tonight. Against OKC of all teams. Now they have 5 wins this year, wooh! 5 wins! Break em up! :lol:
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC