Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2016, 06:42 PM

1,641 posts, read 2,754,456 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriz Brown View Post
Anacostia is mostly black people. Not ALL black people, but mostly black people.

Woodley Park and Adams Morgan definitely has diversity compared to places like Georgetown, Dupont and Foggy Bottom.

What I'm telling the OP is based on comparison to other neighborhoods in DC.
Hey, lay off the bs statistics. I know the true statistics. Don't post vague BS. In fact. Stop posting posts that resembles facts. I know your friend's told you that's how you're suppose to be confident, but this isn't the city to data muck to prove your confidence.

I want you to start saying, "I think" from now on. Because you don't research nor do you provide any positive addition to this forum.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2016, 07:20 PM

607 posts, read 1,217,208 times
At $650k for a condo, you have lots of options. I say make the move! Have you looked at any places in Capitol Hill? Lots of 30-somethings, plenty of bars and restaurants, but not as busy as Logan Circle. In addition to condos, there are some small houses that would fit in your budget.

Old 01-12-2016, 07:57 PM

1,641 posts, read 2,754,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriz Brown View Post
Anacostia is mostly black people. Not ALL black people, but mostly black people.

Woodley Park and Adams Morgan definitely has diversity compared to places like Georgetown, Dupont and Foggy Bottom.

What I'm telling the OP is based on comparison to other neighborhoods in DC.
I think you stay too indoors. There are tons of white people, and Asian and other race living in Anacostia.

This is the sort of predetermined racism, helped by US census that destroy a neighborhood.

Gergetown, Dupont, or Foggy Bottom isn't diverse. You might see diverse people, but after 5 pm, they all leave to go live in their suburbs.

You need to understand that, this ain't no Detroit.

Old 01-12-2016, 08:58 PM

2,685 posts, read 2,522,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plokivos View Post
Hey, lay off the bs statistics. I know the true statistics. Don't post vague BS. In fact. Stop posting posts that resembles facts. I know your friend's told you that's how you're suppose to be confident, but this isn't the city to data muck to prove your confidence.

I want you to start saying, "I think" from now on. Because you don't research nor do you provide any positive addition to this forum.
Prove it.

Whatever you think I said that is "bs" prove it. Otherwise, I'm not sure why you're responding lol.

Old 01-12-2016, 08:59 PM

2,685 posts, read 2,522,856 times
Quote:
I think you stay too indoors. There are tons of white people, and Asian and other race living in Anacostia.

This is the sort of predetermined racism, helped by US census that destroy a neighborhood.

Gergetown, Dupont, or Foggy Bottom isn't diverse. You might see diverse people, but after 5 pm, they all leave to go live in their suburbs.

Anacostia has a high black population. It's true.

Sorry.

Old 01-13-2016, 03:57 AM
Yac

6,051 posts, read 7,731,734 times
Hey, you two, get a room.
Threads here are not just a pretext for you to fight. If you really have to, fight in private. But here ? Focus on helping the OP, on answering his questions. If someone is posting bs - prove him wrong, don't attack him for it.
Yac.

Old 01-13-2016, 12:14 PM

6,208 posts, read 9,217,234 times
Quote:

This.

Old 01-19-2016, 10:25 PM

2,504 posts, read 3,546,681 times
The 14th St. scene seems to skew too 20-something for this 30-something; Shaw seems to be trending that way lately (but it's too early to tell). I'd also recommend Capitol Hill as having more age-appropriate nightlife, but condos are pretty scarce and not everyone wants to do the yardwork/repairs that go into a rowhouse.

Old 01-29-2016, 06:03 PM

7 posts, read 7,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paytonc View Post
The 14th St. scene seems to skew too 20-something for this 30-something; Shaw seems to be trending that way lately (but it's too early to tell). I'd also recommend Capitol Hill as having more age-appropriate nightlife, but condos are pretty scarce and not everyone wants to do the yardwork/repairs that go into a rowhouse.
I absolutely do not want to do yardwork/repairs. I have a townhome now and I'm trying to escape that sort of thing. I want as little maintenance as possible.

Old 01-29-2016, 07:25 PM

3,301 posts, read 11,719,511 times
I apologize if I missed it earlier on, but exactly what sort of neighborhood do you want (aside from metro accessible)? In the middle of it all? Quiet and more residential?

If condos are fine with you, you might also want to consider co-ops. They're often more affordable than condos, and there's plenty of them around. When I was in the market I had a spreadsheet where I broke up all the condo and co-op fees for the units I was interested in so that I could compare apples-to-apples (they all cover different things, so it easily gets confusing).

I bought a co-op unit in Adams Morgan and love it. My street is quiet, but I can walk to everything I need (work, hair salon, doctor, grocery stores, bars, restaurants, take out, small shops, metro, bus stops, parks, etc), right by Rock Creek Park, and walkable or easy to get to other neighborhoods when I need a change. At 30 I'm among the younger owners in my building, most are in their later 30s and 40s on up to their 70s, so it's definitely not "all kids". I'm still surprised by how many babies I see around the neighborhood as well. I also feel very safe here, which was a big requirement for me since I was going to live on my own for the first time, and I found my neighbors to be really friendly and welcoming.

Before this I lived in the SW Waterfront area, and while totally different I liked it there as well. Much quieter and more peaceful, closer to downtown, the Mall/river, highways (to get out of town), but further away when I wanted to go out to dinner or a bar (though that's changing). I think the townhouse condos where I rented (little-to-no yardwork) are going for about $550k, so in your budget if you can catch one (Capitol Park IV). I also always felt safe here, I looked at a few units but didn't find something in my budget. The co-ops here often have very high fees, just fyi.

Just my thoughts on two neighborhoods worth looking into.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC