Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2016, 07:35 PM

857 posts, read 1,201,378 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriz Brown View Post
They managed just fine before they had free Metro. So you really don't have an argument. Please take a seat and try again later.
u talk like these kids shouldnt be on the metro at all...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2016, 07:41 PM

2,685 posts, read 2,522,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooter2219 View Post
u talk like these kids shouldnt be on the metro at all...
Teenagers on the metro is not a problem. Criminals on the metro IS a problem.

Do you believe violent criminals should be allowed on the metro? If you do, then you have no logical thinking ability at all.

Old 02-02-2016, 09:22 PM

2,044 posts, read 2,961,260 times
Quote:
No one cares if teenagers are on the metro. What people don't want is criminals attacking people. And everyone knows teenagers are the most unruly age group in just about every class level. So there is no logic behind making it easier for a group that already gets into a lot of trouble to get into more trouble.

Teenagers are actually old enough to know when they are committing crimes. I was once a teenager so I know this is true. So yes, they should get locked up for it and for a long time. If getting locked up is a problem.. then I have a great solution.. DON'T COMMIT CRIMES.

Don't commit crimes and you won't get locked up. Read it over and over until it makes sense.
THIS so much THIS.

Old 02-03-2016, 05:54 AM

2,008 posts, read 1,248,758 times
Quote:
Don't commit crimes and you won't get locked up. Read it over and over until it makes sense.
Might be able to add, "and you'll also get paid a nice sum by the local government" to the bolded soon.

Old 02-06-2016, 01:17 PM

69 posts, read 113,199 times
In nyc when i went to JHS and HS we got discounted or free metro cards. They were somehow monitored i believe. It wasn't a time limit, but a certain number or rides allowed per day.

I'm actually surprised DC didn't have something like that to begin with for students. With the smartcard system knowing when i come and go and what i should pay during peak vs non-peak hours.
It should be pretty easy for metro to program student smartcards to work during certain hours or ride limit/day

Old 02-06-2016, 08:39 PM

2,685 posts, read 2,522,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by niceguy514 View Post
In nyc when i went to JHS and HS we got discounted or free metro cards. They were somehow monitored i believe. It wasn't a time limit, but a certain number or rides allowed per day.

I'm actually surprised DC didn't have something like that to begin with for students. With the smartcard system knowing when i come and go and what i should pay during peak vs non-peak hours.
It should be pretty easy for metro to program student smartcards to work during certain hours or ride limit/day
Well, if these ghetto trash kids keep attacking people.. they will change the policy pretty fast. It was an idiotic idea to begin with.

Old 02-07-2016, 05:52 AM

5,759 posts, read 10,727,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooter2219 View Post
What bowser did is highly similar to what a lot of major cities with public transportation do. I know NYC and Boston had similar programs (student bus and train passes). whats ending it gonna solve???? most HS kids in DC that even bother to attend class use the metro. This aint the suburbs where most of you sissy whiny gentrifiers come from where everyone either takes the big yellow school bus or mom and dad buys them a car on their 16th birthday.
I grew up in the suburbs of Texas and never saw a bus till high school. And never had my own car. We WALKED the mile to elementary school. Or rode bikes. I have never understood why out here the kids are too coddled to walk their a$$es there. Especially when they're in middle school and high school. It's not like the schools are that far. A mile or just over is not too far for a non-disabled kid to walk. And if it is, get a bike.

Last edited by Carlingtonian; 02-07-2016 at 06:02 AM..

Old 02-07-2016, 02:42 PM

1,253 posts, read 1,565,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlingtonian View Post
I grew up in the suburbs of Texas and never saw a bus till high school. And never had my own car. We WALKED the mile to elementary school. Or rode bikes. I have never understood why out here the kids are too coddled to walk their a$$es there. Especially when they're in middle school and high school. It's not like the schools are that far. A mile or just over is not too far for a non-disabled kid to walk. And if it is, get a bike.
DC is a lot different than Texas.

Old 02-07-2016, 03:57 PM

5,759 posts, read 10,727,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nonsence View Post
DC is a lot different than Texas.
In the suburbs--hardly at all. Most of suburban Houston or Dallas looks like Fairfax or Rockville.

But in DC itself, you might be right, in that schools are even closer to homes and streets are more walkable. Meaning there's even less reason to have buses.

Old 02-07-2016, 08:29 PM

2,768 posts, read 3,531,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlingtonian View Post
Dc has one of the highest percentages of charter school students in America. So basically no one is in walking distance of school.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC