Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-02-2010, 10:24 PM

1 posts, read 2,121 times

Advertisements

I need to get from the D.C. Union Station to Middleton, Maryland, specifically the Lucy School on Frostown Road. I do not own a car and renting is not an option. How can I do this?? It would be a weekday and I would need to leave D.C. in the morning and return in the afternoon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2010, 03:24 AM

125 posts, read 496,859 times
From my (admittedly limited) knowledge of Middletown and looking at the directions listed here, I'm not sure that there would be any public transport options to that area unfortunately. Have you tried calling the school directly?

Old 01-04-2010, 08:31 PM

605 posts, read 2,160,579 times
The closest public transportation stop will be Frederick on an extension of the Brunswick line (http://www.mtamaryland.com/services/marc/schedulesSystemMaps/brunswick.cfm - broken link) of the MARC. Unfortunately, there are no trains to DC after 7:10 a.m. Middletown is about 8 miles outside of Frederick anyway.

The Maryland Transit Authority has a bus route to Frederick from the Shady Grove Metro stop (http://www.mtamaryland.com/services/commuterbus/schedulesSystemMaps/ - broken link). However, that still only gets you into Frederick. It appears on the Frederick transportation site that there are no bus routes that go to Middletown. As well, the MTA bus schedules are designed like the MARC system to bring people in to DC in the morning and out to the exurbs in the evening. Your planned trip wouldn't work.

You're either going to have to drive or hire someone to drive you.

Old 01-07-2010, 11:08 AM

38 posts, read 148,978 times
I agree with upthecreekgotapaddle. The train runs to DC in the morning and to Frederick County and West Virginia in the afternoon. There is no public transportation that will take you the Middletown.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC