Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2011, 11:06 PM

10 posts, read 25,705 times

Advertisements

Thanks Mrslove!!! We love to clip coupons...we use a site here in the south called SouthernSavers for lots of coupons. I will check out the coupons on restaurant.com. I think we've concluded that we will drive all the way to LaPush without a ferry. From what I've read on here it's about the same amount of time once you factor in the waiting time for the ferry, etc. We're taking a car ferry (or whatever you call them) to Victoria so our ferry experience will not go un-done!! You guys are all awesome for sharing with us!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2011, 11:10 PM

NWcountrygal...I'll send you a DM...we are not married to the idea of the NPI and are certainly open to suggestions. I looked at Crystal Mountain for accommodations, but couldn't find any 3 bedroom options on their properties. I must snowmobile (but I've called the company twice and they still haven't called me back). If there was anywhere closer to Mt. Rainier to snowmobile...that would be most awesome and I would give up the gondola ride and fondue at the Summit and cut out the crazy four hour drive. :=)

Old 01-20-2011, 01:12 AM

7 posts, read 12,903 times
remind me to post as female next time so my threads wont get ignored, lol.

Old 01-20-2011, 01:26 PM

93 posts, read 264,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by homesweethometallahassee View Post
...we really are lost on choosing the best of the best to do...we want to do everything and more...maybe we just won't leave and we'll send for our things. :=)
Good luck fitting it all in. We've been out there five times in the last ten years and we're still working on our list from the first trip! Every trip is a blast and there is never enough time to do it all!

Old 01-20-2011, 06:33 PM

TotalFat....Yeah, I'm worried we have too much planned, especially since I have no idea how long it will take to get from point A to point B. We'll just have to keep going back until we get it all in!!! :-)

Old 01-20-2011, 07:13 PM

265 posts, read 723,367 times
Alki Crab & Fish really is good and if you are pressed for time and want to get over to West Seattle and grab a bite this would take you ALOT less time than driving, and parking. Of course this depends on when you go back and forth because of the reduced number of crossing times by the water taxi so as long as it fits your schedule. But we were in West Seattle for a week and did all of the following; drove from seattle to west seattle, took water taxi back and forth, and the bus from one place to anotherm and the water taxi was the quickest hands down. We also ate at several different fish places in west seattle and this was just as good as any and you can use those coupons . Don't worry about getting lost, its super easy to find your way to the correct dock and since the restaurant is where you will land its super easy.

Old 01-20-2011, 11:13 PM

OK, how do any of you feel about Leavenworth? If we stay in Leavenworth...it will be instead of staying at Mt. Rainier. It seems there are a lot more "snow" activities there that appeal to us. If we stayed in Leavenworth, we would also give up Crystal Mountain and my gondola ride to the Summit Restaurant. I just need to be reasonable about the amount of time it takes during the winter to access these areas and I don't want to drive all day...I want to play all day...whether we're snowmobiling, dog sledding, tubing, hiking, whatever... Please share your thoughts. I had never heard of that town before tonight.

Old 01-21-2011, 07:01 AM

93 posts, read 264,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by homesweethometallahassee View Post
TotalFat....Yeah, I'm worried we have too much planned, especially since I have no idea how long it will take to get from point A to point B. We'll just have to keep going back until we get it all in!!! :-)
I wouldn't worry at all about having too much planned. For example, every trip we plan to hit Mt Rainier only once, but every trip, we end up going twice because (to us) it's just that great! Because of the second trips, that means so far we haven't made it to Mt St Helens or Vancouver. We've never regretted this, even though we badly want to visit both places. Like you stated, you will just have to keep going back! Or do as we will be doing and just don't leave!

Funny you should mention Leavenworth. Our last trip, we did a big loop. From Seattle to Snoqualmie Falls (and a couple Twin Peaks filming locations), then to Roslyn (Cicely Alaska for the show Northern Exposure), then Leavenworth, and back to Seattle via WA-2. The scenery was top rate most of the way. On the way back we had planned to hit the old railroad tunnel, Wallace Falls, Chateau St Michelle winery, and Red Hook brewery, but we just didn't have the time. Leavenworth is fun, but I wouldn't invest a lot of time going all the way out there unless there is something for you there. Like you did say there were several activities there that interested you so it might work out.

To get to Leavenworth you will have to go over at least one major mountain pass (and again when you come back). We went in May, but it was very snowy and somewhat scary for us coastal Texans. I loved it nonetheless. Numerous times you could hear the plinking of rain/sleet on the windshield, then it would suddenly go silent as you ascended enough for it to turn to snow. Wonderful!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington