Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-23-2011, 11:56 AM

2 posts, read 4,112 times

Advertisements

Hi All. I was recently offered a full-time job in Silverdale and I am looking to move to Washington in the next few weeks.

I was hoping someone could give me some insight into where a good place to live would be?

I am 24 years old and will be looking to meet new people and make friends since I have no family or friends currently living in Washington. I know that Silverdale is a small business hub, but is it a good place to go out and make friends?

I'm entertaining the idea of living outside of Silverdale and commuting in for work but I'm not sure if living in Seattle and driving 1.5 hrs to and from would be practical. Any advice would be helpful

Are there any other areas that may be closer to Silverdale that can offer a fun environment for a young professional? Tacoma maybe?

Again any advice on the area would be helpful. Thanks a bunch!
Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2011, 06:18 PM

7,743 posts, read 15,866,378 times
Bremerton would be closer, a little night life, has the Olympic College which would have more young folks, not to mention there's a ferry you could take to visit Seattle. But definitely, the big city closest (w/o using ferries) would be Tacoma which is almost an hour drive and there is a toll on the road to Tacoma.

Old 02-24-2011, 10:23 AM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,550 posts, read 81,117,303 times
I would live in Poulsbo, but you might not like it's slow pace and quiet little historic town feel. You could live in Seattle and commute, it's
about 45 minutes on the ferry and another 20 driving but that will
cost some $. Bremerton is close and has more young people as it's a
navy town, but still not much to do. I wouldn't recommend the commute to Tacoma,for the time/money you might as well live in Seattle where you have everything. There is good bus service over there, if you walk on the ferry it's a lot cheaper and you will get on without having to worry about it being full.

I work near the ferry terminal in Seattle, and a lot of our employees live in Bremerton, Silverdale and Poulsbo and commute by ferry daily.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington