Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-17-2011, 01:29 PM

2 posts, read 4,248 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone,

My husband and I will be moving to WA this summer and plan to live in Gig Harbor because it seems to be the best equal distance location between Bremerton Naval Base and Fort Lewis (JBLM). We aren't seeing much in the way of rental homes (single family and not apartments). Does anyone have any resources that you can suggest to help us in our quest? Is there any particular location in GH that would be preferred over another? Any suggestions of any other locations that may provide the equal commute for my husband and I with the amenities of a big town (i.e. shopping, grocery stores, good schools, low traffic, many local eateries)? I really appreciate your help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2011, 07:01 PM

28 posts, read 112,988 times
I don't have any suggestions on location per se, but when I did my search I found quite a few good options on the vacation rentals by owner website (vrbo.com) in Gig Harbor, etc. where I contacted folks and asked them about longer term rentals. Many were willing and open and would rent @ lower rates during off-peak or for longer (year-long) stay. Best wishes!

Old 04-21-2011, 07:15 PM

28 posts, read 112,988 times
also worth mentioning that I put out a want ad on Craig's List and that's ultimately how I found my current year-long rental, which was also advertised on vrbo.com

Old 04-22-2011, 01:47 PM

15 posts, read 32,925 times
Tashayar, hope you received the personal message I sent you when you were looking for a rental. I'm not sure I sent it correctly. Anyway, glad you found a place.

Kathryn
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington