Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2012, 12:02 AM

85 posts, read 180,219 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by seattlerain View Post
I'm beginning to wonder if you know how a representative democracy works.
As far as I know, it doesn't.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2012, 08:49 AM

2,251 posts, read 3,287,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanhawk View Post
Back to the OPs motivation for starting this thread, there has been a drumbeat of criticism from western Washington mostly liberals and Democrats that Republican dominated eastern Washington complains too much about government and taxes, but actually gets more out of the deal and is in fact subsidized by western Washington wealth.
This actually mirrors a national debate from blue states claiming they subsidized red states and red states are a bunch of ingrates for not turning around and voting for the Democrat party because of it.
I really don't know what is true but if Democrat leaning areas are subsidizing these more Republican areas...well, the Democrats control the state. If the west feels it is sending too much money to eastern Washington, stop sending it, you have the power.
I agree. I think that was "509"'s point of starting this thread - and it seems clear by some of the posts on this thread - that the liberals in Western WA would love it if they did have the tax-revenue clout to MAKE us shut-up. As it is right now, they just want to pretend not to hear us (and tell us to move away).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington