Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2015, 09:36 AM

5 posts, read 5,009 times

Advertisements

I have never been to denver but i can tell you its downtown is doing quite well and looks wonderfull and why would tacoma lose some of its charm when the one good thing tacoma does is redo lots of its old buildings. From what i can tell tacomas downtown is almost as large as downtown seattle " it just isnt built up . tacoma should have at least 6 or 7 more high rises the tallest being at least 500 ft " and south downtown i would think after 20 or more years should be full of buildings not run down empty lots and messed up looking bulildings that are about to fall apart in a wind storm ' that might sound a bit harsh ' but tacoma also needs to focus on that area as much as the rest of downtown north. Now the city councils of tacomas past and present to me havent had nor does have what it takes to turn tacoma around' now look at a picture of downtown tacomas skyline from 1970 and look at it today its been more then 40 years and there is not much of a change ' now how messed up is that ' its a dam shame. well one thing that is for sure ive giving up on my city of tacoma because i most likely will be in my 80s with a walker before this city gets it act together and i am only 55 and people in my family live a long time as long as they dont get shot' stabed or killed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2015, 10:22 PM

977 posts, read 1,011,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by centurystone3 View Post
i left tacoma way back in 1978 because it had the worse looking down town i had ever seen but i had hopes that one day tacoma would have a downtown just as vibrint as seattle but on a smaller scale . now dont get me wrong ive always loved tacoma and i always find my self sticking up for it, but now after all these years have gone by and ive seen downtown seattle transformed greatly , theres tons of new highrises and its also exspanded it self towards lake union now as far as tacoma goes its downtown has changed alot for the better but its skyline hasnt in years and its downtown is still full of empty rundown lots and buildings on the south side and there is no retail core what so ever, no movie theaters complexes and its a ghost town with not much of anything to draw folks to it. what tacoma needs is afew more taller buildings , dept stores and there needs to be taller buildings near i-5 so ever one driving down i-5 would notice downtown. the tacoma dome needs to be repainted and tacoma could use a tower of some sort one that people could,nt go into but would stand out and that would be lit up at night also tacoma needs a center like seattle center downtown. tacomas city leaders through the years really have not tried hard enough to turn tacoma around and if they did tacoma would be looking a hell alot better then it does right now.
Where do you think tacoma could put a retail district at? Which area would you like too see tacomas downtown grow twords? I personally think it would be cool if somehow they could get an observation deck in the middle of like an open plaza kinda like seattle center but I know that's very unlikely but at lest the top floor of a tall building for the public to use to get a view. I love cool views!

Old 11-24-2015, 12:07 PM

5 posts, read 5,009 times
Smile where should tacomas downtown retail core be

I think the best spot for tacoms retail core downtown should be in the area of uw tacoma that would be great theres lots of empty lots there to be filled plus that would help with tacomas downtowns growth
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington