Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2014, 05:15 PM

3,533 posts, read 5,832,463 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yakscsd View Post
You can be a mad guy and still be in control of your emotions. Why let them win? For many, being able to make you snap is the goal, then you hit them and you get arrested. You get arrested, you pay lots of money to defend in court, plus fine, maybe you go to jail. Cant work so you lose your job, cant see your kids or family, will always have to say you have a criminal record when applying for a job. Depending on the charge, no longer able to own a gun to defend your family, cant vote. Can you really say that its worth it because some kid blew his smoke on you?
LOL... I was exaggerating a little bit... Last I checked blowing marijuana smoke on someone was illegal, so I would probably be justified if I did slug him.. I would claim the person was trying to force marijuana into my body. They would test his system and find drugs in it and my system would be clean, which looks bad in court for him.. But, yeah, I would probably not punch the guy out, I would tell the guy off and say he is a A**hole for blowing smoke on people.. If he attacks me at that point, I am fully within my rights to defend myself..

I've studied self-defense laws and indeed would probably not just slug somebody out of the blue.. I was just sharing my frustration.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2014, 06:19 PM

462 posts, read 741,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rantiquity View Post
Ladder...that is an interesting word to use in that contents. I do believe you mean Latter. Are you a pot smoker?

Cigarette smoke is not a problem as it seems to dissipate rather quickly but Pot smoke lingers in the air for a long time. You can smell pot smoke on people when they, for instance, board a bus or enter into your car and unless you are sensitive to cigarette smoke or are up close it can't be detected the same way by most people.
Cigarette smoke dissipates quickly, that's about one of the dumbest things I've ever read.

Old 03-27-2014, 02:31 PM

64 posts, read 83,060 times
"Cigarette smoke is not a problem as it seems to dissipate rather quickly but Pot smoke lingers in the air for a long time. You can smell pot smoke on people when they, for instance, board a bus or enter into your car and unless you are sensitive to cigarette smoke or are up close it can't be detected the same way by most people."

I agree with that.

I am a non smoker and no one around me smokes.. I get bothered by cigarette smell when I am too close to the person smoking, so I normally leave the area pretty quickly. Now, pot smell, it stays in the air for a long time and the smell takes over a large area. That really bothers me, more then cigarettes. The police should start enforcing the law, and making sure people don't smoke on streets. It will probably affect tourism as well. I would have a bad impression of the city if visiting for the first time and smelling pot in everyplace that is more dense.

Old 03-27-2014, 09:57 PM

6,229 posts, read 3,411,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueTimbers View Post
Ladder verses latter was pretty funny...

---
What you a cigarette smoker? What on earth are you talking about? "Cigarette smoke dissipate quickly"? BS!
It does not, heck ask any non smoker that does not have anyone in their lives that smokes about it...

Even without smoking in public places my cloths will pick up the stench of cigarette just from hanging it near a smokers coat for an hour while you eat. That stench will last for days. Heck have a smoker stand next to a non smoker and you can smell it on your cloths for hours.
Quote:
Cigarette smoke is not a problem as it seems to dissipate rather quickly but Pot smoke lingers in the air....
Notice I said in the air....never said anything about fabrics. That is what I was talking about. But pot smoke lingers in the air and be smelt just walking down the street and no one around.

I was a smoker about 45 years ago...fact is quit cold turkey when cigarette reached 50 cents a pack.

Old 03-27-2014, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilson502 View Post
Cigarette smoke dissipates quickly, that's about one of the dumbest things I've ever read.
In the air cigarette smoke dissipates faster than pot smoke as I said...yes it does.

Old 03-27-2014, 11:31 PM

719 posts, read 987,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garethe View Post
Just a rant, does anyone else hate the smell of dope?
Not as much as I hate the people who smoke it. And that was the proper word to use: hate. I don't want to have anything to do with these classless miscreants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yakscsd View Post
I'm always amazed at how quick people are to look to violence to solve their issues. I have never been able to understand it. I would personally see it as a sign of strength when someone is always in control of their emotional responses and able to not lose control and hit someone. Its a sad thing.
And it always amazes me how bleeding heart, butthurt individuals like yourself constitute the norm in a part of the country that was originally known for adventure seeking and exploration. He didn't hit the guy, he said he wanted to. And that's a natural reaction. The 'bro' invaded his personal space, forced him to inhale an illegal substance, and, apparently, didn't apologize. A century ago, disrespectfully puffing a noxious cloud of smoke into a gentleman's face would have been grounds for cane-whipping the offender. And, frankly, I'd view that as the most civilized reaction of all.

/top hat & Victorian monocle.
/Cane-brandish.

Old 03-28-2014, 12:19 AM

3,533 posts, read 5,832,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessoftheCape View Post

And it always amazes me how bleeding heart, butthurt individuals like yourself constitute the norm in a part of the country that was originally known for adventure seeking and exploration. He didn't hit the guy, he said he wanted to. And that's a natural reaction. The 'bro' invaded his personal space, forced him to inhale an illegal substance, and, apparently, didn't apologize. A century ago, disrespectfully puffing a noxious cloud of smoke into a gentleman's face would have been grounds for cane-whipping the offender. And, frankly, I'd view that as the most civilized reaction of all.

/top hat & Victorian monocle.
/Cane-brandish.
Some people rather just play the helpless victim and let low-life thugs have free reign in our society. Thank God there are still people out there who do believe in standing up for themselves.

Old 04-02-2014, 01:17 AM

603 posts, read 877,775 times
I don't spend a lot of time in Seattle because I live in the suburbs, where I've never encountered people smoking pot in public except for a few punks high school.

Frankly, my impression is that Seattle police are taking the pot issue very lightly. They pulled some PR stunt last year where they handed out Doritos to people which I thought was ridiculous. The job of the police is to enforce laws, not reinforce peoples' habits. By law, pot smoking is not allowed in public, so I'm really baffles as to why they don't enforce the law. If I were a parent I wouldn't want my children around that.

I can't stand the smell of cigs or pot, but cigs have been more common in society so my nose is more tolerable to the smell. Pot is just digusting i can't take it.

Old 04-05-2014, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilson502 View Post
Really...than I assume you missed King Obama and 'you can keep your Health insurance'.....comments.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington