Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2014, 07:57 PM

634 posts, read 897,877 times

Advertisements

Everywhere, outside of bars, in parks, and my neighbors; so many smoke in my apt complex I can't keep my windows open. It stinks, almost as bad as cigarettes.

I'm afraid someone elses weed smell will be transferred to me and my home making me appear to be a user. A concern because despite the legality it is still a crime if traveling, say, across the canadian border. And its still frowned upon with employers.

Just a rant, does anyone else hate the smell of dope?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2014, 08:10 PM

9,726 posts, read 16,749,721 times
I don't think I've smelled it once since I've lived in Bellingham. I smell cigarettes all the time, though. And I find that somewhat annoying.

Old 03-24-2014, 08:25 PM

1,278 posts, read 2,924,351 times
Mercifully, I haven't smelled it yet...

Old 03-24-2014, 08:30 PM

3,533 posts, read 5,835,246 times
Had some punk blown a big breath of smoke on my face when I was walking through downtown Capitol Hill last night. I definitely got a bit of a contact high from it, it was mild , but it was strong stuff and dazed me for a bit. I felt like knocking the guy out, but him and his buddies where all hanging out on the sidewalk outside of the Hip-Hop show and it would obviously resulted in me getting jumped and being outnumbered. The guy didn't intentionally blow it on me as he didn''t see me walking by him when he turned his face and blew out his smoke after taking a hit.

They really need to crack down on people smoking weed in public. I never even see people drinking booze in public around here, but somehow people think they have free reign to smoke weed outside and blow it on people, including kids.

Seriously, they need to crack down on it.. I wasn't happy with what happened last night. One problem wiht liberal city like Seattle is they will not crack down on drug use of any kind, especially now that it is "legal".

Old 03-25-2014, 12:04 AM

8,665 posts, read 5,852,430 times
Skunk Weed is the worst,it's enough to make you feel like hurling!

Old 03-25-2014, 01:37 AM

634 posts, read 897,877 times
Maybe their simply doing it "because they can" like going out boozing when u turn 21, so perhaps it will level off when it's no longer a novelty.

Old 03-25-2014, 11:16 AM

2,601 posts, read 8,525,099 times
It seems the OP has an agenda. As others pointed out -the smell doesn't seem to be everywhere. There has to be more important things to write about. Cig smoke is annoying and (lol) smoky. Marijuna is usually a lingering odor wich is comparatively innocuous, unless people are smokign right in his face.

Old 03-25-2014, 11:19 AM

14,186 posts, read 22,762,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garethe View Post
Everywhere, outside of bars, in parks, and my neighbors; so many smoke in my apt complex I can't keep my windows open. It stinks, almost as bad as cigarettes.

I'm afraid someone elses weed smell will be transferred to me and my home making me appear to be a user. A concern because despite the legality it is still a crime if traveling, say, across the canadian border. And its still frowned upon with employers.

Just a rant, does anyone else hate the smell of dope?
Give it a couple of years. The novelty will wear off.

Old 03-25-2014, 04:59 PM

196 posts, read 319,008 times
I thought you had to smoke the stuff at home? Why is public smoking tolerated? Just like public drinking isn't supposed to happen.

Old 03-25-2014, 05:11 PM

4,483 posts, read 9,297,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by windrunner4484 View Post
I thought you had to smoke the stuff at home? Why is public smoking tolerated? Just like public drinking isn't supposed to happen.
Whether or not you see it depends on where you are. I have not seen anyone smoking pot in public.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington