Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2014, 06:13 PM

4 posts, read 4,683 times

Advertisements

Hi I am planning to buy a small house somewhere between Tacoma and Olympia. I want gay neighbors.

Are there pockets in the country I might find gays and lesbians? Small towns? I don't want to live in the city where I can spit and hit my neighbors :-)

I know someone living in South Hill that might buy just west of there but I would even consider a little further west but not as far as Eatonville. Does anyone know how this area is as far as gay population? I don't want to be using a snow plow to get in and out in the winter when I am old and gray :-)

I live in Guerneville, CA in the Russian River area now and love it but want to be closer to family and they are in WA. I grew up around Auburn so I am familiar with the area some.

hdawn13

Old 06-20-2014, 06:18 PM

854 posts, read 1,140,885 times
LOL, maybe you could check Trulia I hear they have a box to check for sexual orientation of your neighbors.

Old 06-20-2014, 06:45 PM

4 posts, read 4,683 times
Default I meant east of South Hill not west

I meant east of South Hill not west

Old 06-23-2014, 07:19 AM

2,251 posts, read 3,271,398 times
No offense, but is this serious?

How is anyone seriously supposed to answer this question?

Old 06-23-2014, 01:35 PM

1,989 posts, read 2,535,936 times
Yes, they have a big letter G on their clothes so as to be easily identified.

Diversity is our strength!

Old 06-23-2014, 02:46 PM

291 posts, read 392,510 times
Do you mean you want a neighborhood that is friendly to all families, or you are seriously looking for a same-sex couple as your neighbor?

Even on Capitol Hill in Seattle most of your neighbors are going to be straight. It must be what, 25% gay in some small pockets of Seattle but you can't guarantee a neighbor to be of one sexual orientation or another.

I would not buy IN South Hill. That whole area is a metastasized strip mall.

Eatonville is lovely and one nice thing about it is that you could probably ask where the gay people live, and if any gay couples do live there (I'm giving 1:5,000 odds, odds of being gay * odds of being gay and married * odds of moving to / staying in Eatonville), the entire population will not only know it, but know their address, their names, and what they bought on their last trip to the grocery store, and all the problems their car has. So it has that going for it.

Olympia is probably your best bet. I'd look at Google maps to see which houses have rainbow flags flying, and seek out homes for sale around there. Good luck.

Old 06-23-2014, 07:17 PM

3,533 posts, read 5,831,396 times
Gay neighbors in the country?? Like hillbilly gay as in the movie Deliverance? Or, like gay as in like gay culture, rainbow flag on their house, go to parades, etc.. You may find the former in the country around here, but not the latter. It would be like finding a needle in a haystack, especially them being openly gay. I've heard in some rural parts of the country they have "rural gay communities". Maybe you should look into joining one of those if this is very important to you to live in the country around gay people.

Old 06-23-2014, 09:58 PM

719 posts, read 987,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hdawn13 View Post
I want gay neighbors.
You're a bigot.

Why can I call you that with a straight face? Because if I said "I want straight neighbors," that's precisely what you would call me.

So I say again: you are a bigot.

Old 06-24-2014, 08:35 AM

3,451 posts, read 7,055,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessoftheCape View Post
You're a bigot.

Why can I call you that with a straight face? Because if I said "I want straight neighbors," that's precisely what you would call me.

So I say again: you are a bigot.
That was uncalled for. Do you know the OP, do you know for a fact that the OP would call you a bigot?

Uncalled for, unnecessary and intentionally hurtful.

Old 06-24-2014, 08:58 AM

854 posts, read 1,140,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seattlerain View Post
That was uncalled for. Do you know the OP, do you know for a fact that the OP would call you a bigot?

Uncalled for, unnecessary and intentionally hurtful.
I have to agree with PrincessoftheCape. It is a double standard. Who knows, who cares? I think that this is the important message to take home. Wether you are gay or straight and have gay or straight neighbors you will most likely not be interacting with them in the PNW.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington