Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2008, 12:51 PM

22 posts, read 89,777 times

Advertisements

I agree that Mukilteo seems ideal. However, I need to rent and the apartments seem iffy at best or too expensive and not too many houses available to rent. Thanks for the input! I definitely will keep it at the top of the list but need to keep options open. Snohomish sounds lovely. Does anyone know how long to commute to Boeing??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2008, 02:26 PM

109 posts, read 154,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cassjho View Post
I agree that Mukilteo seems ideal. However, I need to rent and the apartments seem iffy at best or too expensive and not too many houses available to rent. Thanks for the input! I definitely will keep it at the top of the list but need to keep options open. Snohomish sounds lovely. Does anyone know how long to commute to Boeing??
I would not recommend Snohomish if you work at Boeing. Traffic on 196th, 164th and 128th which are the three main roads heading east from I-5 is a nightmare during peak hours.

I have friends who live out there and they say some days it take 30 minutes just to go from I-5 to to SE Everett. And Snohomish CITY is further out on highway 9.

Old 05-23-2008, 05:22 PM

Oh dear! Even though traffic was bad in Orlando and is terrible here in Madrid, I think Seattle is incomprehensible for someone like me. I know I'll have to wait until we move to actually drive around and get a feel for traffic situation, but renting a hotel room is going to be costly...That's why I was hoping for valuable input from locals so thanks vanbao for the info. What other alternatives do I have left? Mukilteo and Snohomish have the best schools so I'm a little bummed at this point.

Old 05-27-2008, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Oh dear! Even though traffic was bad in Orlando and is terrible here in Madrid, I think Seattle is incomprehensible for someone like me. I know I'll have to wait until we move to actually drive around and get a feel for traffic situation, but renting a hotel room is going to be costly...That's why I was hoping for valuable input from locals so thanks vanbao for the info. What other alternatives do I have left? Mukilteo and Snohomish have the best schools so I'm a little bummed at this point.

If your hubby is going to work at Boeing, here are the the cities that would be good candidates:

Mukilteo - 1st choice
West Milkcreek (near Martha Lake) - 2nd choice Very close to I-5 and they just built a tons of really nice apartments there.
Lynnwood - Third choice.

Old 05-28-2008, 11:10 AM

Hi. Thanks again for the info. What middle/high schools would be in west Mill Creek? Especially near the apartments. Could you give me one or two apartment names so I can look up location and ratings (from apartment ratings)?? Lynnwood... I don't know. I wasn't too thrilled with the school info on greatschools. Plus, I really want that small town feeling. What about Edmonds as far as traffic goes?

Last edited by cassjho; 05-28-2008 at 11:18 AM.. Reason: spelling

Old 05-28-2008, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Hi. Thanks again for the info. What middle/high schools would be in west Mill Creek? Especially near the apartments. Could you give me one or two apartment names so I can look up location and ratings (from apartment ratings)?? Lynnwood... I don't know. I wasn't too thrilled with the school info on greatschools. Plus, I really want that small town feeling. What about Edmonds as far as traffic goes?
The middle school would be Alderwood Middle School and the high school would be Lynnwood High School. The existing SC is next to Alderwood Mall but this will be closed and the new on which they are building now is set to open in 2009.

Here is some information about the new Lynnwood SC.

Area map of the the new high school
http://www.edmonds.wednet.edu/lhs/docs/New%20School/Lynnwood%20Aerial%2001.01.08.jpg (broken link)

Lynnwood High School ::: Home of the Royals (http://www.edmonds.wednet.edu/lhs/home.asp - broken link)

Last edited by scirocco22; 06-14-2008 at 03:06 PM.. Reason: copyright issues

Old 06-17-2011, 07:28 PM

1 posts, read 807 times
VIEW, VIEW, VIEW.... 180 degree WATER VIEW OF THE PUGET SOUND.

Hi Cassjho, I recently got married and moved in with my husband... No one is living in my home right now... I have a beautiful house with a great view of the Puget Sound. You can enjoy the view from the living room, kitchen, and dining room. It's approximately 1,500 sq. ft big, with wood burning fireplace, recessed lightings, 2 oversized bedrooms, 2 baths, and 5 mins to elementary and middle schools of Mukilteo School District, near the Whidbey Island Ferry. I too, work for Boeing in Everett and it takes me 15 mins or less to get to Boeing. I can email some pix of the house if interested.

My email address is [email]maurac21@hotmail.com[/email]. I can also rent the furniture to you if interested... you'll see in the pix... Hope to hear from you.

MC

Old 06-17-2011, 07:37 PM

1,278 posts, read 2,923,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maurac21 View Post
VIEW, VIEW, VIEW.... 180 degree WATER VIEW OF THE PUGET SOUND.

Hi Cassjho, I recently got married and moved in with my husband... No one is living in my home right now... I have a beautiful house with a great view of the Puget Sound. You can enjoy the view from the living room, kitchen, and dining room. It's approximately 1,500 sq. ft big, with wood burning fireplace, recessed lightings, 2 oversized bedrooms, 2 baths, and 5 mins to elementary and middle schools of Mukilteo School District, near the Whidbey Island Ferry. I too, work for Boeing in Everett and it takes me 15 mins or less to get to Boeing. I can email some pix of the house if interested.
My email address is maurac21@hotmail.com. I can also rent the furniture to you if interested... you'll see in the pix... Hope to hear from you.
MC
Did you notice that the OP's last post was from May, 2008?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington