Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2019, 03:59 PM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,722 posts, read 58,054,000 times

Advertisements

IIRC, you need to have owned / registered PRIVATE car minimum of 90 days (in previous state) BEFORE bringing it to WA (sales tax free).
Moving to Washington new residents
If you purchased a "private motor vehicle" in another state more than 90 days before moving here, you do not owe Washington's use tax. RCW 82.12.0251(3).
https://dor.wa.gov/get-form-or-publi...gton-out-state
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2019, 04:07 PM

Washington State License Plates

As a career Tool and Die maker... it is pretty simple / bland / low skill to see 100% PRINTED License plates... (sure it is EASIER!!!) The good stuff in life does not come EZ.

What happened to skilled penal labor. (Stamping LP's)... They must be busy watching TV / Youtube, and have lost their 'Skill'!

I'm more into NW Territories style of LP.
https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C...uAQsAR6BAgFEAE

Old 02-18-2019, 08:44 PM

861 posts, read 1,062,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthRabbit View Post
IIRC, you need to have owned / registered PRIVATE car minimum of 90 days (in previous state) BEFORE bringing it to WA (sales tax free).
Moving to Washington new residents
If you purchased a "private motor vehicle" in another state more than 90 days before moving here, you do not owe Washington's use tax. RCW 82.12.0251(3).
https://dor.wa.gov/get-form-or-publi...gton-out-state
Thanks. I'll probably purchase soon, then travel back and forth a few months before settling on a place in WA. That should work.

Old 02-18-2019, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfdog View Post
Thanks. I'll probably purchase soon, then travel back and forth a few months before settling on a place in WA. That should work.
do be advised... WSP WA DOR WILL verify your residency using 'utility connection dates'. If you are getting a W2 from OR or have a residence there the entire 90 days you may be OK.

WSP sets up 'commute' cameras and runs plates on OR licensed cars heading South on I-205 and I-5 in AM, then runs the registered owner against WA utility connections. They mail 1 warning, followed by a fine (up to $1000) if violation is beyond 30 days.

Just a 'friendly reminder' (and an improvement from the 'Squealer' incentive... turn in your neighbors on anonymous 'illegal tag report line') Which is still available, just not promoted as it was in the past.

License Fraud - WSP
The State of Washington relies on businesses and citizens to voluntarily pay their fair share of taxes to fund state services.

Washington residents are required to register their vehicles within 30 days. A Washington resident may also commit fraud by registering a vehicle out of state in order to avoid paying sales or use tax. If you suspect a violation of either of these laws and would like to report it using the online forms below.

Or you may download and complete a License Fraud Submission Form and send it to LicenseFraud@wsp.wa.gov

Old 02-21-2019, 07:02 PM

6,321 posts, read 7,046,591 times
While I appreciate the state of Washington putting Mt. Adams on the license plate I would really like to see a distinctive plate for eastern Washington with maybe sun and sage on the plate.

Yeah, while we are at it...get rid of the Evergreen State thing......as my four year old daughter asked...."why is Washington called the Evergreen State when it's mostly brown".

Old 02-23-2019, 03:36 AM

2,360 posts, read 1,439,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shastadad View Post
I do't know if that would be a plus. Rented a car here with Cali plates while on a house hunting trip and got cut off so many times went to Walmart and bought a Seahawks hat just to show other drivers I wasn't really a California driver

Worked too, was shown civility from then on. Especially at all those surprise exits on your expressways. You know the ones where the car in front of you hide the EXIT ONLY painted on the road surface

LOL, you were just experiencing normal Washington drivers!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington