Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2021, 07:52 PM

106 posts, read 76,257 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwguy2 View Post
Apples and Oranges. Fat people don’t infect others.
Vaccinated people can infect others.

Apples and apples.

Fat people also consume health care capacity at a disproportionate rate. This helps lead to a crunch on available supply.

https://www.cdc.gov/obesity/data/adult.html

Remember, it's about saving lives, right?

Also, check out this gem:

https://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2021...rnia-counties/

Quote:
A new analysis finds several counties with above-average vaccination rates also have higher COVID case rates, while case rates are falling in counties with below-average vaccination rates.

Statewide data analyzed by the Bay Area News Group found five counties, Los Angeles, San Diego, Alameda, Contra Costa, and San Francisco, have both a higher percentage of people who are fully vaccinated than the state average and a higher average daily case rate.

Compare that to these five counties: Modoc, Glenn, Lassen, Del Norte, and San Benito, which have below-average vaccination rates and decreasing case rates.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2021, 09:01 PM

9,398 posts, read 8,893,699 times
But back to WSU coach not taking vaccine. I still say he is on thin ice here. WA higher institutions of learning still have tremendous influence. When you get into public universities you have no regress.

Last edited by pnwguy2; 07-27-2021 at 09:10 PM..

Old 07-27-2021, 09:11 PM

5,281 posts, read 3,084,050 times
I don’t have a horse in this race so I don’t really care.
I think this will come down to the views and opinions of their most powerful/influential boosters.
If I were to wager a (long shot) bet I bet he stays.

Old 07-27-2021, 09:34 PM

9,398 posts, read 8,893,699 times
State Universities have tremendous power on their own, not including influential boosters. I am reconsidering my opinion here, I bet he stays, too. Eastern WA is conservative, (though some could argue Pullman isn't). For that reason I think he retains his position. But I still think it could go either way...

Old 07-27-2021, 10:20 PM

1,663 posts, read 877,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MechAndy View Post
I think I might still have my purple cougar sweatshirt from 30 years ago in a storage box somewhere.

I am pro vaccine to a degree.
It is a good idea to get one so we can open up this country and the northern border.

A while ago at work they came up to me and asked if I was vaccinated.
After I said yes they then demanded to see it.
This wasn’t a problem because it was in my wallet but I did feel that it was an infringement of my rights having to share my medical history.
Point being is that if I as a pro vaccinator felt put off I can only wonder what others that are of a different belief feel.
Me? I felt like telling them to stick it.
These are new waters that we are crossing.
I know I don’t trust all that I am being told.

The family and I had covid and believe our antibodies are up to snuff but we got the vaccine to possibly help protect my elder mother figuring to err on the side of caution and to open up these silly restrictions.

Bottom line to me is yes he should get vaccinated since he is in his situation.
If he had a different situation I might feel differently.
A purple Cougar sweatshirt?

Old 07-27-2021, 10:41 PM

5,281 posts, read 3,084,050 times
It was a gift like 30 years ago.
I thought it was a purple cougar sweatshirt.
Might have been a Canadian team since my Canadian sister in law gave it to me but whatever.
K?

Old 07-28-2021, 12:03 AM

7,940 posts, read 9,505,022 times
Hey, who cares who coaches the Cougar football team, anyway? It's all about the U-Dub.

Old 07-28-2021, 08:58 AM

3,697 posts, read 2,418,110 times
Rolovich is a **** b/c he won't give the reason.

I hope they fire his arse.

I'd assume there'd be a lawsuit......

Old 07-28-2021, 09:28 AM

7,940 posts, read 9,505,022 times
Rolovich is actually smart. I'm all for him.

Old 07-28-2021, 11:54 AM

8,072 posts, read 8,376,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Procyon73 View Post
Vaccinated people can infect others.

Apples and apples.

Fat people also consume health care capacity at a disproportionate rate. This helps lead to a crunch on available supply.

https://www.cdc.gov/obesity/data/adult.html

Remember, it's about saving lives, right?

Also, check out this gem:

https://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2021...rnia-counties/
There are other factors determining transmission rate, such as density, number of multi-generational households, and homelessness. Stop living in an either/or, two-value universe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
View detailed profiles of: