Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2021, 03:00 PM

106 posts, read 76,361 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyDonkey View Post
There are other factors determining transmission rate, such as density, number of multi-generational households, and homelessness. Stop living in an either/or, two-value universe.
The population density theory has already been disproven by the science and data from Bronx vs Manhattan viral patterns over the past 18 months.

Multi-Gen households = old farts, get the vaccine, duh.

Homelessness = for some reason, COVID-19 hasn't decimated the ranks of the homeless. I wonder why that is?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2021, 04:04 PM

8,074 posts, read 8,380,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Procyon73 View Post
The population density theory has already been disproven by the science and data from Bronx vs Manhattan viral patterns over the past 18 months.
By who?

Old 07-30-2021, 10:00 PM

9,398 posts, read 8,899,572 times
Rolovich is on thin ice as I posted before. However, WSU is an outlier in the pac 12. I have reconsidered and think he survives.

Old 07-31-2021, 06:54 AM

368 posts, read 305,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyDonkey View Post
By who?
Well, he answered your question before you asked it by citing Manhattan vs the Bronx.

Since you’re too lazy to look it up yourself, the summary is that Manhattan has a much higher population density than the Bronx, yet its infection rate was somewhere around half the Bronx’s.

There’s also this wider study:

https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full...3.2020.1777891

Maybe one day, around the 100th century, AD, or something, thick headed progressives will realize that you don’t use a hammer for every problem and try to force your hammer on everyone. Don’t silence alternative views and smear the messenger. That is how civil wars start/will start.

There is plenty of data directly correlating Vitamin D deficiency to respiratory virus trends.

Getting everyone’s Vitamin D levels to >30ng/mL at a minimum and for best results >50ng/mL by supplementing would have done far more good. But you can’t scare people to death when the solution is something they can buy from Costco or any other grocery/pharmacy for $10/bottle.

Old 07-31-2021, 02:32 PM

7,940 posts, read 9,510,449 times
Interesting possible cause to catching COVID-19, zero. The rolling hatefest continues.

Vaccination=putting your head between your knees and kissing your a©® goodbye.

I choose life itself.

Old 07-31-2021, 06:42 PM

Rolling hate fest? Really don’t know what or who you are talking about. If you are talking about WSU coach Rolovich atleast spell his name correctly. He refused the vaccination. I will say it again, not a good look for a Washington State public employee.

Old 08-01-2021, 01:16 PM

8,074 posts, read 8,380,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zerp View Post
Well, he answered your question before you asked it by citing Manhattan vs the Bronx.
What are you? Tag partners?

It is immaterial to the comparison he was trying to make between high-density metropolitan counties, on the one hand, and low-density and largely rural counties, on the other. Both have factors that can drive Covid infection rates up or down. It was worse than simply comparing apples and oranges. It was cherry picking. Cut out the infernal Gobbledygook!

Even if it wasn't immaterial, what kind of relevant expertise do the readers of or contributors to the Journal of the American Planning Association have on Covid? None, as far as I can tell.

Old 08-01-2021, 01:41 PM

7,940 posts, read 9,510,449 times
Why should anyone push something on a person with regards to medical/health? That goes against a person's civil rights. A vaccinated person can not only catch COVID-19 but they can also infect another person with the virus, too. So, tell me all-knowing ones, why get the stupid shot? Why waste your time? Mr. Rolovich doesn't want to get jabbed with vaccines that aren't even approved by the good old FDA. Think about that.

People have lost their sense of caring for others during COVID-19. He has every right under the sun NOT to get stuck with the jab. More power to him. The WSU football team is in better hands than I thought.

Old 08-01-2021, 03:49 PM

5,281 posts, read 3,087,229 times
As I have earlier mentioned I have been vaccinated.
I wasn’t scared of getting sick.
We already been sick.
Only reasons for the family and I to do it was for my elderly mother and to open up the country.

I currently am on the fence with this subject.
I do value our freedom and now that we are finally getting back to normal I really don’t care if people don’t get vaccinated or if they want to wear several masks along with the vaccine if that is what they want as long as the country continues to open.

If a person chooses not to get vaccinated and gets sick I won’t feel all that bad.
I might for a couple minutes if I knew them but not overly when there was an option.

I think it’s time we all moved forward.
We have cost our children to much already and they need to stay in school.
The financial price we paid and still will pay is ludicrous.

All that said, I do not trust the politics on either side.
There are liars all around.

I am also not a fan of Fauci one bit.
Nor am I a fan the person that scream masks on or your going to jail at the capitol and yet lets thousands of infected illegals flood into our country.

Old 08-01-2021, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkotronics View Post
Why should anyone push something on a person with regards to medical/health? That goes against a person's civil rights. A vaccinated person can not only catch COVID-19 but they can also infect another person with the virus, too. So, tell me all-knowing ones, why get the stupid shot? Why waste your time? Mr. Rolovich doesn't want to get jabbed with vaccines that aren't even approved by the good old FDA. Think about that.

People have lost their sense of caring for others during COVID-19. He has every right under the sun NOT to get stuck with the jab. More power to him. The WSU football team is in better hands than I thought.
Civil rights vs doing the right thing, IMO. The more who get vaccinated the faster we get back to normal. As cases surge again, for the 4th wave! Those who use their civil rights to not take the vaccine are slowing down the recovery. Give me a break.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
View detailed profiles of: