Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are Fed/Potus Mandates needed for WA?
Yes, these Federal/Potus Vax Mandates are needed 55 29.57%
No, these Fed/Potus Vax Mandates are NOT needed 124 66.67%
We don't know yet 7 3.76%
Voters: 186. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2021, 07:30 AM

2,251 posts, read 3,270,098 times

Advertisements

I am generally pro-Covid-vaccine, but these mandates are ridiculous.

What's even worse is a president that knows that the main component of the vaccine-hesitant population are generally conservative. But yet Biden seems to think that he, as a liberal, can insult and ridicule and talk about "losing patience" with people who aren't vaccinated - and then expect that, for some reason, those people will become convinced to get vaccinated because he "said so".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2021, 10:09 AM

3,689 posts, read 2,410,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PS90 View Post
I am generally pro-Covid-vaccine, but these mandates are ridiculous.

What's even worse is a president that knows that the main component of the vaccine-hesitant population are generally conservative. But yet Biden seems to think that he, as a liberal, can insult and ridicule and talk about "losing patience" with people who aren't vaccinated - and then expect that, for some reason, those people will become convinced to get vaccinated because he "said so".
I didn't see insult and ridicule.

I'm non-partisan.

Losing patience? I can see this. Potus and many others, including me.

The non-vaxxers are poorly-informed, don't speak their native language of English well and refer to being a "conservative" whatever that means....they usually don't know....they never cite science nor studies....watch TV....listen to radio.

These are ignorant people. I watch and listen to their interviews every day.

Hit them hard. Mandate, away.

Old 09-11-2021, 11:14 AM

5,281 posts, read 3,073,668 times
I think all people should get the vaccine.
I also think all people should go to college or a good trade school.
Same goes for saving money for retirement.

I don’t think these things should be mandatory.
Using the the proverbial stick and insulting people is not the way to get things done but yet some people haven’t learned that simple idea .

When people fail at these things it is their decision and they should sleep in the bed that they made.

Maybe we could give our young ones a better education on how life really works.

Old 09-11-2021, 12:47 PM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,705 posts, read 58,031,425 times
When the choice / freedom of others disrupts and destroys the lives of others.... The argument gets challenged.

Sounds like the USA unnecessarily lost several hundred lives last week due to Covid patients filling surgery and ICU beds. You note the 39yo gulf war vet that died from very easy to treat gallbladder issue. Rural hospital called better equipped metro hospitals for 3 days, but no room in the Inn.

That vet died a very painful death. (Due to the 'free choice' of anti-vaxxers)

Old 09-11-2021, 01:33 PM

8,736 posts, read 8,666,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthRabbit View Post
When the choice / freedom of others disrupts and destroys the lives of others.... The argument gets challenged.

Sounds like the USA unnecessarily lost several hundred lives last week due to Covid patients filling surgery and ICU beds. You note the 39yo gulf war vet that died from very easy to treat gallbladder issue. Rural hospital called better equipped metro hospitals for 3 days, but no room in the Inn.

That vet died a very painful death. (Due to the 'free choice' of anti-vaxxers)
I heard it’s a shortage of staff not beds.

Old 09-11-2021, 02:55 PM

134 posts, read 192,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingsaucermom View Post
I heard it’s a shortage of staff not beds.
It's both.

Old 09-11-2021, 04:30 PM

5,252 posts, read 4,674,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MechAndy View Post
When people fail at these things it is their decision and they should sleep in the bed that they made
Or, more accurately stated, they should stay out of that ICU bed, stay home, and clutch desperately to their freedom in hopes of surviving..

Old 09-11-2021, 04:33 PM

5,281 posts, read 3,073,668 times
Yeah StealthRabbit,
It’s a tough messed up situation for sure though.
Don’t get me wrong I am pro vaccine.

I know of 2 people that got really sick from the vaccine.
One had a large lump on his chest for a couple of days after his first shot.
The other got sick as heck.
Apparently I am not the only one who knows people that have had bad reactions to the vaccine.
It’s not perfect but it’s the best thing we have.

So the thing that I have a problem with (meaning I don’t quite understand) is who is this vaccine helping?

My take is that it is helping the person that chose to be vaccinated from getting deathly ill if they get the virus and that is why my family and I are vaccinated.

If a person for whatever medical reason can’t be vaccinated they need to be quarantined from the general public because that 6’ social distancing is not always effective and I wouldn’t trust my life on it.

If a person chooses not to get vaccinated due to stupid things like politics or whatever it’s totally on them and I don’t owe them anything.
Not one bit.
I just don’t care about them anymore because I believe you can’t fix stupid people no matter how hard you try.

If a non vaccinated person infects a vaccinated person I’m thinking that it is definitely not a life threatening situation especially when the math breaks it down to very low fractions of thousandths.

Do you think we owe anything to those that chose not to be vaccinated ?
I don’t and I don’t allow them near my family.
Yes I know a few that are not allowed to come over or be near my elderly mother.

We are never going to be a 100% vaccinated society and I accept this because I think it’s foolish to think otherwise.

Once again this is a messed up situation .

Old 09-11-2021, 06:54 PM

367 posts, read 304,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jertheber View Post
Or, more accurately stated, they should stay out of that ICU bed, stay home, and clutch desperately to their freedom in hopes of surviving..
So should fatasses when they have cardio/diabetes issues.

Old 09-11-2021, 10:01 PM

8,736 posts, read 8,666,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zerp View Post
So should fatasses when they have cardio/diabetes issues.
Speaking of fatasses and vaccines... today I was down in Sumner for some youth soccer and there were some protesters waving huge American flag signs. I thought at first it was for 9-11 anniversary, but the closer I got I realized it was a protest against the mandates. The thing about them was that all were white, all but ONE was very overweight and one had "Jesus" on his shirt. For all I know this same group could have been there exactly a year ago... except wearing MAGA hats and waving Trump 2020 flags.

I hate that this is so politically divisive.

I hate that I don't belong to anything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington