Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: High Capacity Magazine Ban
Yes I support the proposed ban. 15 30.61%
No I do not support the proposed ban. 34 69.39%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2022, 10:39 PM

1,066 posts, read 893,259 times

Advertisements

I can’t imagine what the suicide rates would be with guns everywhere.

People would need a high level of training for good guy with a gun to be more than a myth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2022, 07:20 AM

2,899 posts, read 1,873,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SusVelo View Post
I can’t imagine what the suicide rates would be with guns everywhere.

People would need a high level of training for good guy with a gun to be more than a myth.
Huh? They already are everywhere. There are more guns than people. Unless you live like a hermit and never leave your house you interact with people carrying guns every day.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/americans...rt-crimes-data
Pistols are constantly used in self defense and it rarely makes the news.

Part of the frustration with magazine bans of 10+ rounds is many self defense pistols have the capability of carrying 13-17 rounds with factory magazines designed for the gun. Limiting those to 10 puts the legal gun owner at a disadvantage.

Old 02-20-2022, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drinkthekoolaid View Post
Huh? They already are everywhere. There are more guns than people. Unless you live like a hermit and never leave your house you interact with people carrying guns every day.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/americans...rt-crimes-data
Pistols are constantly used in self defense and it rarely makes the news.

Part of the frustration with magazine bans of 10+ rounds is many self defense pistols have the capability of carrying 13-17 rounds with factory magazines designed for the gun. Limiting those to 10 puts the legal gun owner at a disadvantage.
Most people still don’t own guns now, some people own many which leads to the more guns than people statistic.
I’m not giving Faux News a click.

I’ve heard in this very thread it’s easy to switch clips!

Old 02-26-2022, 06:40 PM

81 posts, read 208,975 times
If it's anything like the laws against drugs, theft, assault, or vagrancy then you have nothing to worry about; as long as the state disregards those laws and let's the criminals run free to victimize the voters then I will disregard the mag ban.

Old 03-07-2022, 10:54 PM

143 posts, read 158,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minuteman81 View Post
If it's anything like the laws against drugs, theft, assault, or vagrancy then you have nothing to worry about; as long as the state disregards those laws and let's the criminals run free to victimize the voters then I will disregard the mag ban.
This is the funny thing about this. I’m not going to go into a debate about guns in general because it’s been argued to death at this point. But it is hilarious that this is proposed in the name of public safety, when this state has become more unsafe in recent years because of the inability or unwillingness to enforce the laws we already have. Also as a side note, it’s laughable that the threshold of “high capacity” is 10 rounds. A lot of good, reliable pistols that could legitimately be used for self defense have a 15 round standard. Chalk another one up for the criminals at the expense of law abiding citizens

Old 03-09-2022, 01:07 PM

50,327 posts, read 47,088,247 times
They tried this same insanity here in CA. There is nothing stopping people from buying them out of State or having people simply fedex them to you. It will make no difference in crime.

The Govt cannot steal your magazine without compensation.

Old 03-09-2022, 01:32 PM

50,327 posts, read 47,088,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SusVelo View Post
Most people still don’t own guns now, some people own many which leads to the more guns than people statistic.
I’m not giving Faux News a click.

I’ve heard in this very thread it’s easy to switch clips!
First, they are magazines and there are plenty of timed magazine swaps on youtube and when shooting 30 rounds, whether it's one 30 or 3 tens the difference can only be measured in seconds. Not enough time for someone to try and play hero.

Old 03-10-2022, 10:51 AM

187 posts, read 68,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
First, they are magazines and there are plenty of timed magazine swaps on youtube and when shooting 30 rounds, whether it's one 30 or 3 tens the difference can only be measured in seconds. Not enough time for someone to try and play hero.

Well then, we shall take it one step at a time. Ban High Capacity Magazines, then all magazines? Then all guns?

Mark my words, WA will have a ban of some sort. How do I know, well look at NY, look at CA, WA is usually just a few steps behind. WA is not a leader in the progressive movement, but it sure is a follower.

Old 03-10-2022, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Why are high capacity magazines needed, then, if there is little noticeable difference?

Old 03-10-2022, 06:56 PM

14,497 posts, read 12,141,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_modern_philosopher View Post
Mark my words, WA will have a ban of some sort. How do I know, well look at NY, look at CA, WA is usually just a few steps behind. WA is not a leader in the progressive movement, but it sure is a follower.

I don't necessarily agree that we will have a ban. We've lost a little ground in the last few years, but WA has always had a lot of hunters and outdoorsmen, and sensible gun laws. Not a lot in common with NY on this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington