Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2022, 01:19 PM

2,417 posts, read 3,255,112 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowman05 View Post
So Washington is one of the states where someone tested positive from the recent outbreak. Are you concerned about catching it? Are you ready to take the monkeypox vaccine when they're available? How do you feel about catching it through close contact such as bodily fluids, clothes or sex?

It doesn't sound so bad to me, but if it later becomes smallpox we're in trouble.

Also, Inslee tested positive for covid with mild symptoms. Are you concerned about our governor?
I am sure if a case of Monkeypox shows up here on Oahu. We will probably be offered the Vaccine if we wish to get it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2022, 12:29 PM

85 posts, read 69,505 times
Quote:
The CDC has raised the travel advisory with monkeypox to a level 2, which means we should take proactive precautions while attending the pride parades this month. Also, please resist the urge to play with dead rodents. Bill Gates and Fauci said we're due for more pandemics, but he has shots to protect us. Covid also started with just a few cases. Contact tracing will ramp up because the monkeypox virus can survive on clothes and shared areas such as in the workplace.
Geez, what a bunch of overblown B. S.

(for the giant majority of the population not included amongst your “we”.)

And you (and your “we”) will also be plenty safe there provided you don’t get picked up at the festivities.

The rest (of “us”) should probably research beyond the PC mainstream media to learn more about “monkeypox”

(which isn’t transmitted through the recirculated air on planes, etc).

Old 06-03-2022, 10:44 AM

6,227 posts, read 3,411,736 times
Gee in 2014 the US had a out break of Ebola here is the results as compared to monkeypox:
So I don't think monkeypox is more dangerous that Ebola with a very high death rate even higher than Covid....but people are getting afraid of monkeypox for no reason at all. There diseases out there causing more harm than monkeypox or Covid combined. Starting with heart diseases and cancer.

Old 06-03-2022, 10:46 AM

14,488 posts, read 12,121,454 times
This is one reason to be thankful for a fairly boring social life.

Old 06-03-2022, 03:06 PM

2,417 posts, read 3,255,112 times
Quote:
So Washington is one of the states where someone tested positive from the recent outbreak. Are you concerned about catching it? Are you ready to take the monkeypox vaccine when they're available? How do you feel about catching it through close contact such as bodily fluids, clothes or sex?

It doesn't sound so bad to me, but if it later becomes smallpox we're in trouble.

Also, Inslee tested positive for covid with mild symptoms. Are you concerned about our governor?

We just had our first reported case of Monkeypox today at Tripler AMC. Report said person is in isolation and being monitored, in according to Covid protocol’s.
We will see what happens now.

Old 06-03-2022, 03:08 PM

1,369 posts, read 714,758 times
I think it is overblown, and follows a trend in the media of published stories similar to what’s already in the news.

Also, I don’t appreciate the constant images of infected skin. Not fun.

The CDC determinations are simply what they do all the time, with all manner of diseases. It’s the media coverage that makes it overblown. The CDC is constantly tracking diseases across the world and changing travel advisories for countries. They have to… it’s their duty.

Old 06-03-2022, 07:34 PM

330 posts, read 428,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcos View Post
It must be tiring, living life thinking that everything is a plot against everyone.
seriously.

Old 06-07-2022, 10:51 AM

2,251 posts, read 3,272,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcos View Post
It must be tiring, living life thinking that everything is a plot against everyone.
https://www.cdc.gov/poxvirus/monkeyp...nsmission.html

"Monkeypox spreads between people primarily through direct contact with infectious sores, scabs, or body fluids. It also can be spread by respiratory secretions during prolonged, face-to-face contact. "

https://nypost.com/2022/06/06/cdc-ra...during-travel/

"The CDC raised its alert level for monkeypox to level 2 on Monday, recommending that travelers wear masks, among other health measures."

I don't know about anyone else, but I don't usually perform "prolonged face-to-face contact" with other people on a plane or a bus, so what possible reasoning for a mask recommendation is there?

I don't know about a "plot", but, at the very least, it's an unfounded last power-grab by the CDC. They must be desperate since no one cares about them anymore.

Old 06-07-2022, 08:02 PM

1,369 posts, read 714,758 times
I won’t argue with you on this too much. I haven’t seen a good reason for the CDC to recommend masks for the purpose of monkey pox (except for people who’ve been recently exposed). Not that I’ve looked into it in great detail. It just doesn’t seem that big of a deal to me.

Old 06-08-2022, 12:38 PM

5,281 posts, read 3,079,464 times
Would it be accurate to describe the way it transfers is similar to aids?
What exactly is “prolonged face to face contact” ?
I’m not sure I’ve heard that term before.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington