Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2009, 01:09 PM

1 posts, read 5,040 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abrudan View Post
My husband is Romanian also. We live north of Seattle in Everett. He and a few other Romanians work for Boeing. We also attended a couple of churches in Kenmore that were nothing but Romanian. There are plenty of Romanians here! I speak some of the language and have heard them in public as well, like at Rite Aid. We also shop sometimes at the Russian grocers and they have told us as well that other Romanians come in to shop.

My wife and I are planning to travel to NW Romania and SW Ukraine next fall and are wondering what routes and airline/trains would be the cheapest. L'viv is the north boundary of where we're going so we're open to suggestions. Any recommendations would be appreciated. thx, Jim
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2009, 08:51 PM

1 posts, read 5,020 times
Default Romanian Restaurant

I am bringing my Romanian husband and friend to Seattle for Thanksgiving. Are there any Romanian restaurants in Seattle or Bellevue?

Old 05-13-2010, 01:35 PM

1 posts, read 4,689 times
If anyone is interested in finding a Romanian doctor who speaks the language, Providence Physician Group in Snohomish has a great female Romanian physicain practicing there. Her name is Dr. Georgiana Boboc. You can find her at ProvPG.com

Old 05-15-2010, 02:06 AM
Status: "From 31 to 41 Countries Visited: )" (set 3 days ago)

4,640 posts, read 13,912,538 times
I am a first generation Romanian American. I fluently understand Romanian, but dont know Romanian well in writing or how to speak it. My parents and sister are from Romania. I was born in New York 1 year after they immigrated to America.

There are some Eastern Europeans here in general, such as Romanians, and Russians.

What do the Romanians think of Washington state? My mom and sister liked this region a lot and my moms family that live in Romania like the pictures they saw of Washington state.

Old 05-18-2010, 03:33 PM

9,618 posts, read 27,330,094 times
My grandmother was Romanian. It took me a while to figure what she was saying when she said " Tu yest naboon" to me. It means " You are crazy". The jury is still out whether she was right or not.
The Seattle area has a ton of Russians and Ukranians, some Poles, and less Romanians. But they do exist.
If someone opened a Romanian restaurant here they could get rich. It's great food.

Old 07-25-2010, 12:24 AM

1 posts, read 4,529 times
Smile aradalex

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElektroDragon View Post
I live in Kirkland and I'm Romanian, I just moved here from NY state, and there are a RIDICULOUS amount of Romanians around here! It's like an invasion! I haven't spoken to any yet because I'm shy, but I hear them ALL THE TIME in restaurants, and even below my own apartment! I don't know what brought them here... maybe Microsoft or Boeing, but this is the largest group of Romanians I have ever seen outside of Bucharest!
I'm a Romanian too and I try to help as many Romanians as I can with a suite of software applications that everybody uses.There are some Romanians here ,but not RIDICULOUS amount!

Old 07-25-2010, 02:32 AM

404 posts, read 1,030,631 times
There are quite a few that I know.

BTW, cheers from a former neighbor (I'm Bulgarian).

Old 09-01-2010, 11:15 PM

1 posts, read 4,474 times
Hello!
My name is Sveta, at the end of September I need to move in Washington, Seattle together with my husband. Can somebody to help us to found a job there,please? Thanks

Old 08-13-2012, 10:53 AM

1 posts, read 3,853 times
Hello! I am a Romanian living in Dallas Tx who is looking to relocate in Seattle.
Can anyone help with info about job and housing etc...?

Old 09-08-2012, 06:59 PM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,551 posts, read 81,085,957 times
I know several Romanians and they do not congregate in one area, as the Russians did around Crossroads in Bellevue back in the 90s. They are spread out all over and most are homeowners, just blending in and doing well. Two of the families I know are in Bellevue between 156th and the Lake.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington