Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-18-2010, 06:14 PM

1,355 posts, read 4,186,541 times

Advertisements

The heat advisory that has been in place for the better part of the week in my county just expired a few minutes ago. Good riddance to it I say. Now before you come on here saying to enjoy Summer let me clarify I enjoy it very much...when the dew point is not 70+ with a temperature of nearly 100. We have had so much rain this Summer that once it finally stopped and the sun returned it got hot and humid all at the same time. It was still hot today at 98 but once again the humidity came down a "notch" to the mid 60s. Still a bit muggy but paradise compared to the 77 we reached a few days ago.

I know everyone has opinions on whether humid or dry weather is better and for me it is clearly dry. I will never forget being in Arizona a couple Summers ago in their monsoon season and even that felt wonderful. Granted this was at the Grand Canyon and Flagstaff.

On May 10th we had a storm push through followed by a dry line, at 6pm the temperature was 82 with a dew point of 70, one hour later at 7pm it actually rose to 85 but the dew point dropped to 27, in one hour. It felt absolutely amazing, another hour later it was 82 and the dew point dropped to 21 (the lowest I have ever seen in May here), the next morning ended up being 48 for a low. Love that type of weather, give me 40 degree change from day to night
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2010, 07:04 PM

13,321 posts, read 22,667,671 times
We didn't get much rain here in this area of the Poconos at all this summer.
Gosh, I hope we keep the heat advisory here.
Yes, I am one of the people who needs a long, long, hot summer.
Long, bright, light, summer days have always been my joy.
The pool finally reached 86 degrees.........warm..........wonderful.
I'm going to hate to see fall come, gosh....I am enjoying this too much.

Old 07-18-2010, 07:51 PM

242 posts, read 596,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summering View Post
We didn't get much rain here in this area of the Poconos at all this summer.
Gosh, I hope we keep the heat advisory here.
Yes, I am one of the people who needs a long, long, hot summer.
Long, bright, light, summer days have always been my joy.
I'm going to hate to see fall come, gosh....I am enjoying this too much.
Ah, you are making me look forward to returning back to the sea islands of SC for another vacation. Days spent walking out a long way in low tide (in this area) just to get to the water, then when the tide comes in riding the waves without a board, afternoon spent doing something inside though, late afternoon go out again, and hang out on the beach when the sun goes down and at night.

Old 07-19-2010, 05:01 AM

9,726 posts, read 16,744,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summering View Post
Wow, I'm not sure our tap water is even that cool at this point.

Old 07-19-2010, 08:30 AM

242 posts, read 596,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamplight View Post
Wow, I'm not sure our tap water is even that cool at this point.
Mine is cool all the time unless I have it on the warm side. You have to have it on the cold side all the time to have it cool.
Then again mine is from either a local well or naturally cool river (this river ends in the Appalachians though).
I wish that I could stay at a SC beach all summer long. That would be the only thing to change my mind on summer.

Old 07-19-2010, 10:45 AM

9,726 posts, read 16,744,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaGirl14 View Post
Mine is cool all the time unless I have it on the warm side. You have to have it on the cold side all the time to have it cool.
Then again mine is from either a local well or naturally cool river (this river ends in the Appalachians though).
I wish that I could stay at a SC beach all summer long. That would be the only thing to change my mind on summer.
Yeah after summer's been here a while, I can turn on the tap full cold, and it will just be lukewarm. Just guessing I'd say it's at least 76 degrees, probably closer to 80. I need to actually measure to satisfy my curiosity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather