Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2013, 01:37 PM

2,617 posts, read 3,456,184 times

Advertisements

For me, it's Minsk: cold but not too severe winters, warm but not too hot summers.
Minsk - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2015, 01:57 AM

2,467 posts, read 2,622,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaul View Post
Greece, Portugal, southern Spain, and southern Italy are warmer than the rest of Europe. They also happen to be the poorest, i.e., the least economically developed areas of Europe that are looked down upon by other Europeans. (hm....like I said before, there is a correlation between climate and productivity).

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunno what to put here View Post
Helsinki - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Stockholm - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Oslo - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

All contenders to me. Capitals of Europe's wealthiest nations.

Lisbon, Athens, Madrid and Rome - capital of Europe's bankrupt PIGS.

so friendly

There's still no better climate than the western shores of Iberia for me.
Second best woud be Southwest France and the coastal area from Barcelona to Napoli.

Old 01-21-2015, 09:15 AM

578 posts, read 592,080 times
Quote:
I wouldn't even consider Portugal's climate European. A true European climate is something similar to Munich or London. My favorite European climate is St. Petersburg.
Okay, a bit of an odd thing to say... are England and Germany more European than Portugal then?

Old 01-21-2015, 09:18 AM

Quote:
They also happen to be the poorest, i.e., the least economically developed areas of Europe that are looked down upon by other Europeans. (hm....like I said before, there is a correlation between climate and productivity).
Now this is just asinine... did someone from southern Europe kill your goldfish or something?

Old 01-21-2015, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben86 View Post
Is Europe really widely considered to have a bad climate? Yes, it's generally dull compared to most continents, but it wouldn't have been able to sustain such a dense population at a high standard of living if it didn't have suitable conditions for agriculture. Isn't it the only continent without a desert? I remember reading a thread in the Travel forum some time back about where had the best climate and somebody said 'Europe' as if everywhere from Murmansk to Sicily to Galway was the same
Think there's a small one in Spain but yeah, it has the least desert of any continent I'm fairly sure.

Old 01-21-2015, 10:24 AM

24,128 posts, read 24,813,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teritus View Post
Now this is just asinine... did someone from southern Europe kill your goldfish or something?
Protip: probably no use of replying to a 4 year old post from a poster who hasn't been active for the last couple of years or so...

Old 01-21-2015, 10:29 AM

22,112 posts, read 29,589,687 times
Lol, that comment made by me was kind of mean, but it's nearly 4 years old, so sue me.

Old 01-21-2015, 11:30 AM

963 posts, read 855,763 times
Podgorica

Podgorica - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 01-22-2015, 04:28 AM

7,501 posts, read 6,293,418 times
For me the best climates in Europe are located between Central Eastern France, Northern Italy, South Central Europe and the Balkans / south Eastern Europe.

That is, places which have winter averages below 3c and summer averages above 21/22c and at least 2000 hours of sunshine.

Scandinavian capitals have great winter averages but their summers are too poor for me (albeit not worse than their northwestern Europe counterparts) and while I like Mediterranean climates a lot, I still enjoy cold snaps and possibilities of snow.

Places like Madrid or Istanbul are great though because they retain some continentality while having warm to hot summers.

Old 01-22-2015, 07:18 AM

91 posts, read 115,665 times
Quote:
Greece's horrible climate just filed for bankruptcy and is now being bailed out by Germany's great climate.
Germany doesn't even have seasons... it's like, always cloudy and cool.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather