Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-12-2012, 12:32 PM

9,962 posts, read 12,386,074 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by owenc View Post
Yes, we have missed out on everything this winter because we are too far west once again.

All of the weather fronts always come in at the middle of the day, they never wait to the night. Just like today's one, cloud arrived like 300 miles ahead of the front which has ment that the temperature has not fallen below 0c and has actually risen since the afternoon, if the front was to wait to 3am the temperature could've dropped below 0c and we could've seen some snow, but no.

The cold will come eventually, it just can't avoid Northern Ireland all winter. I am positive of that and I would say it will come during exam time.
Ha don't worry we've got 2 and a half months left so plenty of time for another cold snap and 'ice days'. But today it was freezing my college's thermometer @ 8.45 was a cold -5c during the Afternoon there was still frost and ice on the ground. Today's high was lower than NI's belfast (4c) at a cold 0C but it felt ok. It even snowed a bit earlier today but JUST a bit.I've always notice that it Always seems to rain at night over here but recently its raining all times of the day!!!!!
Also you said exams how old are you? If you don't mind be asking that is.

Old 12-12-2012, 01:01 PM

1,635 posts, read 2,517,178 times
Default Fort Collins, Colorado USA

After a couple of days and nights of NORMAL temperatures, that felt like a COLD WAVE!

We are now back to our regularly scheduled MUCH ABOVE NORMAL temperatures that have been so prevalent for 3 years now.

Temp. 57°
clear skies
South winds

Old 12-12-2012, 01:22 PM

15,318 posts, read 17,227,309 times
39 F/4 C under cloudy skies at 3:20PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmicstargoat View Post
After a couple of days and nights of NORMAL temperatures, that felt like a COLD WAVE!

We are now back to our regularly scheduled MUCH ABOVE NORMAL temperatures that have been so prevalent for 3 years now.

Temp. 57°
clear skies
South winds
Two days BELOW average and one day around normal in Fort Collins. Today's mean will indeed be above average, but your low this morning was average. You know better than anyone else that this part of the country is capable of wild temperature swings. Except for a couple days slightly above average, the rest of the forecast period looks right around normal.

Old 12-12-2012, 01:58 PM

13,487 posts, read 9,032,668 times
4.4C here currently, with no frost forecast for the forseeable future, models looking like milder conditions until at least Christmas & some longer range forecasts are now going for mild conditions from January through to March...

Old 12-12-2012, 02:06 PM

I doubt that because a weather website is saying cold conditions to arrive in february a long way off so who knows

Old 12-12-2012, 02:41 PM

20,633 posts, read 23,884,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by P London View Post
Ha don't worry we've got 2 and a half months left so plenty of time for another cold snap and 'ice days'. But today it was freezing my college's thermometer @ 8.45 was a cold -5c during the Afternoon there was still frost and ice on the ground. Today's high was lower than NI's belfast (4c) at a cold 0C but it felt ok. It even snowed a bit earlier today but JUST a bit.I've always notice that it Always seems to rain at night over here but recently its raining all times of the day!!!!!
Also you said exams how old are you? If you don't mind be asking that is.
Well we got to -5c yesterday and the temperature rose to 2c, I think the reason England is getting Ice Days is because of Fog, we haven't really had any fog.

Today it was 4c but thats only because its only reached -2c last night and it was sunny all day, so the temperature just rose all day. It is now 3c under cloud, going to rain later and then maybe a frost and 2c tomorrow afternoon. Looking at GFS forecast, no higher than 5c over the next week.

I am coming 17, we are doing AS levels.

Old 12-12-2012, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmicstargoat View Post

Temp. 57°
clear skies
South winds
Thats truely awful for December to be quite honest with you.

Old 12-12-2012, 02:43 PM

6,990 posts, read 11,420,767 times
0.1°C / 32°F here now, after a high of 1.4°C / 34.5°F.

Temp's not falling that fast, due to cloud cover. Supposed to be -6 in the morning.

Old 12-12-2012, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by P London View Post
I doubt that because a weather website is saying cold conditions to arrive in february a long way off so who knows
Definately not mild from now to March.

GFS actually reduced the 'Mild' pattern. Infact according to the averages it is just at normal or below, so technically it isn't mild lol.

No higher than 5c this week, thats below average.

Old 12-12-2012, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by owenc View Post
Well we got to -5c yesterday and the temperature rose to 2c, I think the reason England is getting Ice Days is because of Fog, we haven't really had any fog.

Today it was 4c but thats only because its only reached -2c last night and it was sunny all day, so the temperature just rose all day. It is now 3c under cloud, going to rain later and then maybe a frost and 2c tomorrow afternoon. Looking at GFS forecast, no higher than 5c over the next week.

I am coming 17, we are doing AS levels.
Yeah we had really thick fog earlier.
Well i'm in my first year of sixth form college i'm 16. I try and guess people's age on here i thought you was in your early 20s or late teens. But i was close. Anyways good luck on your exams!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather