Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which of the 5 climates is the most boring?
Lima, Peru 18 43.90%
Honolulu, Hawaii 8 19.51%
San Jose, CA 1 2.44%
Cairo, Egypt 6 14.63%
Eureka, CA 8 19.51%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2013, 08:54 PM
BMI

7,454 posts, read 7,275,727 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepe3797 View Post
Lima (too cloudy but almost no rain? come on...)
San Jose
Eureka
Honolulu
Cairo (hot weather can't be boring )
I agree except ....Honolulu for me is the best of the bunch.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2013, 02:08 PM

4,965 posts, read 5,690,601 times
Lima Peru – no doubt about that. Never rains, often cloudy, and hardly any temperature variation.

Old 10-20-2013, 07:35 AM

11,655 posts, read 12,960,282 times
I had to choose between Cairo and Hawaii.

I can't stand hot weather, even though I love drier sunny weather. Cairo is too hot. Honolulu is too wet, humid and tropical.

So I went with Hawaii as it's wet, HOT and HUMID. Not for me....

Old 10-20-2013, 07:42 PM

2,043 posts, read 3,889,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theropod View Post
I had to choose between Cairo and Hawaii.

I can't stand hot weather, even though I love drier sunny weather. Cairo is too hot. Honolulu is too wet, humid and tropical.

So I went with Hawaii as it's wet, HOT and HUMID. Not for me....

Honolulu is actually located in the rain shadow and gets far less rain the majority of cities in the Eastern U.S. Humidity levels are also moderate as well, higher than California but lower than the Northeastern U.S. in summer. However, the climate is very consistent throughout the year, low 80s in winter, upper 80s in summer, moderate humidity with a few days of light rain each month all year round. So people would say it's "boring" rather than "too hot, humid, and wet."

Old 10-20-2013, 07:48 PM

2,155 posts, read 4,582,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dean york View Post
Eureka. Cool and boring year round, no storms, no heat, no cold, just mild nothingness.
That sounds great to me, but I'd still love to have some warmth and cold a few times a year.

Old 11-11-2013, 04:24 PM

6,486 posts, read 6,186,539 times
Lima. Yuck.

Old 11-11-2013, 04:34 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,558,348 times
Honolulu followed closely by Lima.

Old 11-11-2013, 10:21 PM

Not a single vote for my hometown.......

Old 11-11-2013, 10:27 PM

11,879 posts, read 14,211,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdriannaSmiling View Post
Not a single vote for my hometown.......
Your town is an A climate. Sunny, warm, and dry year round and close to the coast. People in NJ think of San Jose as heaven on earth and I feel the same way.

I chose Honolulu since it looks sticky year round. 54 F lows would be perfect.

Old 11-12-2013, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi from the Brunswicks View Post
Your town is an A climate. Sunny, warm, and dry year round and close to the coast. People in NJ think of San Jose as heaven on earth and I feel the same way.

I chose Honolulu since it looks sticky year round. 54 F lows would be perfect.

Close to the coast? hah! Try visiting San Francisco or the Northern California coastline in July or August. Temperatures are in the 50s and it's foggy and breezy with the water too cold to wade in, let alone swim. At least, in NJ, you get warm ocean waters in summer for swimming. San Fransisco is the only city in America where you need a jacket in July but can get away with a tee-shirt and bare arms in December. November is almost always warmer than July. Seasons are reversed but it still gets dark at 5PM in December (when it's not unusual for skies to be sunny and in the 60s with calm winds in the afternoon (this happens in between rain systems) and close to 9PM in July. So long daylight hours by the beach are destroyed by chilly fog and winds and the warm, calm sunny weather comes in late fall and early winter when the sun goes down early. Pathetic climate.

San Jose does have decently warm summer days with highs in the low 80s (we have major microclimates in summer) but nights are still not "summery" with nights mostly being in the 50s. Winter days are often warmer than our summer nights which means we don't get proper seasons.

I've been to Honolulu and loved being able to stay in the water, swim, and snorkel, for hours. I also like the fact that Honolulu gets at least some rain in summer. Brown vegetation and zero rain for 6 months does get boring. Honolulu is green year round.

That being said, I still think San Jose is less "boring" than Honolulu in the sense we have more temperature variation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather