Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2014, 09:06 PM

59 posts, read 79,089 times

Advertisements

With the fall and winter seasons coming soon, so does the depression and sadness. I thought it would be a great idea for all of us to chime in and support each other as we go though these upcoming bad times. Positive and uplifting comments, bible verses, testimonials, bright sunny pictures, and thoughts of next spring and summer are just a few suggestions. Also things like how you survive the fall and winter seasons. It's all about POSITIVITY so we all can survive and get through this.

I know that I will be able to get through this winter. Any cold and dark times are just god's way of seeing how strong I really am! I think I think I can! I CAN do this!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2014, 09:16 PM

5,983 posts, read 4,282,733 times
I'm looking forward to my reward for living through a **** summer.

Old 09-11-2014, 05:20 AM

4,439 posts, read 5,525,157 times
I can't imagine what it'd be like if you lived in someplace like the UP of Michigan - you'd really be hatin' life then...lol.

But seriously, what part of Texas do you live? Winters can't be that bad where you are, and you get plenty of sun all winter long, I'm sure. (Atlanta winters are sure sunny enough).

Some suggestions:

Move further west, like Yuma, AZ - tons of sun there and doesn't get that cold.

Go to Australia or Argentina for the winter months, and enjoy two summers a year instead of just one.

If you can stand the humidity, move to south Florida - winters are warm and sunny there too. Too many people though. :/

Get some Vitamin D-3 gel caps and take them religiously throughout the winter - this will go a long ways in alleviating SAD.

Take an extended trip someplace cold and dreary in the middle of winter, like Scotland or Iceland - that way, when you come back to Texas, you'll never complain about wintertime at home again...lol.

As for me, I adore winter and I can't wait for it's arrival.

I have more energy, I'm happier, I sleep better, life is just wonderful during the cooler season. And it's not "dreary" at all - quite the opposite. The house just glows in winter, due to the slanty sun and bare trees, and the sky is that magical blue I rarely get to see in summer. The rains are plentiful, with that intoxicating "earthy" smell, the bird life is just amazing, and we have flowers blooming just about all winter long.

To me, winter is just an amazing, wonderful, life-giving season, and I can't WAIT for it to get here.

Old 09-11-2014, 06:24 AM

12,278 posts, read 9,466,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthStarDelight View Post
If you can stand the humidity, move to south Florida - winters are warm and sunny there too. Too many people though. :/
The other coast is the complete opposite. Ft. Myers is largely a sleepy retirement town, Naples a tad livelier but still not what I'd call crowded.

Old 09-11-2014, 06:30 AM

9,264 posts, read 7,418,685 times
Luckily for you, you live in Texas which still has warm weather left for a long time. Here, we may stay warm/mild until November, but once late October comes, 20C highs will slowly fade away until Spring bar a late Indian summer.

November will be the start of 4 months that I dread. March cannot come soon enough

Old 09-11-2014, 06:33 AM

4,965 posts, read 5,695,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irlinit View Post
Luckily for you, you live in Texas which still has warm weather left for a long time. Here, we may stay warm/mild until November, but once late October comes, 20C highs will slowly fade away until Spring bar a late Indian summer.

November will be the start of 4 months that I dread. March cannot come soon enough
My thoughts exactly!

Old 09-11-2014, 06:34 AM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,562,463 times
September is still almost summer for us, I suggest not worrying about winter until it comes. Don't make it feel any longer.

Old 09-11-2014, 07:17 AM

4,818 posts, read 11,013,102 times
You feel as I do about summer.... I take one extra anxiety medication to help with the extra daylight and heat...I dont take it in the winter though as I enjoy the dark and cold.

I live in far northwestern Minnesota and for those up here with your conditions, I suggest remaining active....go to the gym, take community ed classes if offered.... but take note that you in Texas are better off than 90 pct of the those who live in the country who feel as you do about winter.

Old 09-11-2014, 07:22 AM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,562,463 times
Going to San Francisco in December helped. Though your winter weather is probably no colder than San Francisco, though maybe with less greenery.

Old 09-11-2014, 07:47 AM

1,912 posts, read 2,750,221 times
Well I for one LOVE our winters here in Florida even with few and rare days that it gets cold, I wish we had more.

But I did live in Nj as a child and remember the sun setting a lot earlier there then in Miami and the brutal winters that were in cycles of a few years heavy snow and a few years light snow.

I didn't think Texas winters were that bad, but maybe northern Texas can be.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather