Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-17-2015, 05:20 AM

4,439 posts, read 5,520,230 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post
No heat wave but above normal and mornings are damn warm staying above 70 now. Long week ahead. Maybe September too?

Bridgeport last 3 days

Ridge still building. Heights still rising in the East.
I love that 2nd map. Maybe I'll be treated to some rock 'n roll thunderstorms upon my arrival Wed evening.

That cold front should keep things cool for a couple of days in SE Michigan as well - I suppose that front isn't going to clear the NE coast?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2015, 05:22 AM

83,520 posts, read 75,307,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthStarDelight View Post
Whoa nelly! You're suppposed to get up to 94 today?

It might have been better to put off the trip another week,
and not done yet. Tomm 90s too, then mid-upper 80s for many days after that. Told you.

Todays forecast Max

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthStarDelight View Post
I suppose that front isn't going to clear the NE coast?
That damn Canadian High now is Off shore and not going to budge so I don't see the front pushing off the coast. We'll see. Got another week of this crap

Old 08-17-2015, 06:17 AM

Remember it was off the West Coast last week?

Remember it was over Quebec August 5th?

Remember it was over Ontario August 1st?

Talking about the Upper Level or Cut Off Lows.

Remember 8 days ago I called for heat mid month/shortly after for East?

Take a look at where the Upper Low will be this week.. Upper Mid West.. Look at that trough dig down in central U.S! COOL SHOT!

1. As I said.. these will get colder and stronger as we enter Fall.

2. These will dig down more...but where. Apparently it's the Northern Plains this week. But it's VERY relaxing to see them happening.

3. Will not come into the Northeast because of the Ridge. It will head to Hudson Bay.

Old 08-17-2015, 06:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post
Remember it was off the West Coast last week?

Remember it was over Quebec August 5th?

Remember it was over Ontario August 1st?

Talking about the Upper Level or Cut Off Lows.

Remember 8 days ago I called for heat mid month/shortly after for East?

Take a look at where the Upper Low will be this week.. Upper Mid West.. Look at that trough dig down in central U.S! COOL SHOT!

1. As I said.. these will get colder and stronger as we enter Fall.

2. These will dig down more...but where. Apparently it's the Northern Plains this week. But it's VERY relaxing to see them happening.

3. Will not come into the Northeast because of the Ridge. It will head to Hudson Bay.
So yeah, looks like I'm doing the right thing by hitting the Midwest first, to take advantage of that upper low placement. Highs in the 70's, baby. Now I have to make a bargain with the weather gods to bring one of those to New York after the 25th.

Old 08-17-2015, 06:51 AM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,485,386 times
Any idea what next weekend onward would bring? Id like to plan a local road trip with some hiking. Hopefully some of the heat would go away and not be too rainy? Extended forecast is showing lots of rain.

Old 08-17-2015, 06:53 AM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,485,386 times
Thick fog everywhere. I'm above the fog

Old 08-17-2015, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nei View Post
Thick fog everywhere. I'm above the fog
I'd love to see some pics of that.

I always like going above the clouds / fog like that.

Old 08-17-2015, 09:33 AM

Henry Margusity forecast video.. (he does them daily).

0:30 mentions everytime we get the El Nino and the SOI values crashing we get these storms. Credit due to him.. He showed a video last week that after the SOI values crash the U.S enters a wild weather pattern with storms like back in June & July... When they go up we are calm. Check out the video, it's right at the beginning.

0:50 mentions the map I showed before and says this storm this week is a storm normal for October. Windy, rainy, cool in Upper plains/Mid West this week. Says this is very interesting to see happen now and we'll have to see if it continues for Fall and Winter which would be very wild to see with El Nino, PDO, NAO going negative.

2:36: mentions high dewpoints today could lead to some big flooding and crazy day for the front range

Goes into the forecast for U.S.

4:30: shows the cold front coming into Appalachians Thursday but severe stuff not much.

5:00 shows the wind gusts from this big storm today and tomorrow & Wednesday. Lake Michigan waves?

http://www.accuweather.com/en/weather-blogs/meteomadness/major-storm-to-produce-high-winds-flooding-and-severe-storms/51833474

Old 08-17-2015, 09:38 AM

Departure from normal forecast max temps tomorrow. You can see what that October like storm is going to do. Too bad the sun is still strong and wont feel the same. lol But still, it's a below normal pattern this week for them.

Departure From Normal Highs - AerisWeather

Old 08-17-2015, 11:12 AM

12,278 posts, read 9,454,092 times
Mmm, 100 miles of drizzle. How exciting.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather