Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-07-2015, 02:55 PM

16,191 posts, read 11,364,943 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovemycomputer90 View Post
Many double standards out there.

My favorite is the portrayal of men as dirty slobs, yet some of the sloppiest people I've ever met were women. And a public women's restroom is 1000x worse than men's.

Those Febreze commercials portray a man's bedroom or den as smelly, but if you reversed it there would be a backlash.
Yeah, I hate that. Also in TV sitcoms they nearly always portray the men as clumsy and stupid while the wife is super intelligent and seems to almost always be the voice of reason or clean up after the man's mess. I actually saw a Youtube video on this the other day actually.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snj90 View Post
I thought so. That's my point, though. It's not fair to say that of all women. There are ones who can afford to be picky. Men do the same thing, too, when they can afford to be picky.
My problem isn't that they're picky, my problem is the hypocrisy. I don't care that they don't want to date short men, but don't call me shallow and a jerk because I don't want to date overweight women when I'm 100% sure you wouldn't date simply because he's 5'6". Weight is something you can control, height isn't.

Old 09-07-2015, 02:55 PM

22,112 posts, read 29,585,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex985 View Post
Agreed completely. Also seems like people these days are unnecessarily hostile.
I'll be honest, I'm more hostile now compared to before, but there's a lot more stuff being posted on here that annoys me.
And I mean, when I joined this forum, I was a fresh-faced 22 year old recently out of university. Now I'm 28 and my view of the world is completely different. Everything sucks balls and life isn't how I expected :: mad: a d:

Old 09-07-2015, 03:01 PM

14,497 posts, read 9,433,651 times
Quote:
Yeah, I hate that. Also in TV sitcoms they nearly always portray the men as clumsy and stupid while the wife is super intelligent and seems to almost always be the voice of reason or clean up after the man's mess. I actually saw a Youtube video on this the other day actually.

My problem isn't that they're picky, my problem is the hypocrisy. I don't care that they don't want to date short men, but don't call me shallow and a jerk because I don't want to date overweight women when I'm 100% sure you wouldn't date simply because he's 5'6". Weight is something you can control, height isn't.
How much do women really do this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunno what to put here View Post
I'll be honest, I'm more hostile now compared to before, but there's a lot more stuff being posted on here that annoys me.
And I mean, when I joined this forum, I was a fresh-faced 22 year old recently out of university. Now I'm 28 and my view of the world is completely different. Everything sucks balls and life isn't how I expected :: mad: a d:
Lol, I will admit that's true. There seems to be a higher % of annoying posters here now compared to 2-4 years ago.

15,318 posts, read 17,221,445 times
Quote:
Yeah I've noticed that too.

"The Middle" is an exception to that. The mother is all over the place and the house isn't very clean. It may be taken to a slight extreme on that show, but I think it's a more accurate portrayal of the average American family.

Old 09-07-2015, 03:03 PM

Quote:
How much do women really do this?
From what I've noticed, a lot.

Old 09-07-2015, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovemycomputer90 View Post
Yeah I've noticed that too.

"The Middle" is an exception to that. The mother is all over the place and the house isn't very clean. It may be taken to a slight extreme on that show, but I think it's a more accurate portrayal of the average American family.
I've honestly never seen that. Would be refreshing to see the husband being the one who's smart, organized and responsible for once.

Old 09-07-2015, 03:09 PM

14,497 posts, read 9,433,651 times
Quote:
From what I've noticed, a lot.
Yeah, I'm not attracted to fat people.

I can understand why a woman would prefer taller guys.

Old 09-07-2015, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Yeah, I'm not attracted to fat people.

I can understand why a woman would prefer taller guys.
Me neither. People always say being fat says nothing about the person but it actually does. It says they're lazy and don't take care of themselves. I can look at a 350 pound person and tell you that they're unhealthy. The morons from the Fat Acceptance movement will deny, deny and deny everything though.

Old 09-07-2015, 03:11 PM

15,318 posts, read 17,221,445 times
Quote:
I've honestly never seen that. Would be refreshing to see the husband being the one who's smart, organized and responsible for once.
Yeah they actually balance each other out pretty well.

It gets corny sometimes, but not Full House corny lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather