Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-13-2016, 01:19 PM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,523,129 times

Advertisements

lol

https://twitter.com/michaelbd/status/753306769728892929

Old 07-13-2016, 01:48 PM

22,112 posts, read 29,601,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
I couldn't care less about immigration. I think 13% of the city's population speaks other languages than Finnish and Swedish. I have never had any problems. And in Varissuo / Lauste districts immigrants are like 50%-70% of the population. Not a single car has burned, and albeit poor, they are functional districts.
We had 6 refugee centres nearby, and in 5 of these the even young male refugees acted like normal. There was some problems in one of them, but the cops gave the baton treatment and shipped the the lot back to Iraq.

And it's like that we have some kind of reign of terror here, no, we say that this is how you behave in Finland. And here's some fundamentals of our society.
The worst areas of Leeds definitely aren't the areas with the most immigrants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nei View Post
Lol, the media are going into a frenzy with him being appointed Foreign Secretary.

Last edited by dunno what to put here; 07-13-2016 at 01:58 PM..

Old 07-13-2016, 05:31 PM

14,497 posts, read 9,441,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunno what to put here
In the UK, education is emerging as the biggest divide. The more educated a person is, the less likely they are to oppose immigration. These people are also more likely to live in multicultural areas themselves. This isn't a left/right issue either, because even areas that voted Conservative near London voted to stay in the EU. OTOH, many Labour-voting areas wanted to leave the EU. Again, the recurring factor is education.
Being "educated" in this day and age usually comes with a hefty dose of cultural marxism, as the universities push their far-left agenda. Whether you want your people/nation to survive or not is a matter of your own personal set of values rather than "education," which is taken to mean intelligence or prudence. Also, it's a matter of people putting their own short-term interests, their acceptance in society, their appearance of modernity, etc., ahead of any long-term considerations.

Dr. Kevin MacDonald (retired professor of psychology at California State University) has said a lot of interesting things about this process, and the massive incentivization by hostile elites of what he calls "white dispossession":

Psychological Mechanisms of White Dispossession

Worth reading if you can keep an open mind. And not a novel; it is a fairly concise overview. Say what you want about Kevin MacDonald, but he is an intellectual, and this subject is related to his field of study. And he's also tremendously courageous for saying the things he says even while he was tenured professor.

An excerpt:

Quote:
So in summary, there appear to be three basic mechanisms tending to make White displacement psychologically palatable to Whites:
  • self-interest resulting in competition among Whites to engage in ever more ridiculous displays of self-abasement and love of diversity and multiculturalism; such displays benefit individuals because of the very elaborate infrastructure that rewards such behavior;
  • social learning facilitated by the prestige associated with dominating the intellectual high ground of the society, thus giving Whites the comfort of having the same attitudes as elite institutions like the New York Times and FoxNews, and informing others that one is intelligent and well-read;
  • feelings of moral rectitude resulting from subscribing to the moral dictates of the society as defined by media and academic elites. Since these elites unanimously regard the traditional people and culture of the West as uniquely immoral, dissenting from these views results in shame and guilt, whereas going with the flow results in very positive feelings that one is a member in good standing of the mainstream society.

Old 07-13-2016, 10:57 PM

22,112 posts, read 29,601,133 times
Yes, well - claims of the well-educated being indoctrinated is usually the last call of defence for a certain type of person, when all else fails. I am, of course, not only referring to recent university graduates - my post also applies to university graduates of decades gone by. Degree-holders over 65 were considerably more likely to vote to remain in the EU and were less swayed by emotive rhetoric regarding immigration, than their counterparts without a degree. This is true for every age group. The type of propaganda peddled by nationalistic parties such as UKIP has always appealed to the least intelligent. Far-right parties rely on the uneducated masses to do their bidding because they are gullible enough to believe what they say. It really is a case of preying on the weak and vulnerable. There is also the small fact that people, by and large, tend to form their opinions first, and then seek out information to validate that opinion - it should be the other round, obviously, but everyone is biased - including myself.

It seems like a far-left agenda to you, because you are far-right, and your views are considered abnormal and bizarre by most of society. The posts you make are simply a defense mechanism to cope with the knowledge that the world is moving on and you are being left behind. You know what they say - adapt or die. In the UK, white British people are making up an ever smaller percentage of the overall population, and this will continue to be true whether immigration is cut or halted entirely. The demographic changes in motion now will not be reversed, sans genocide (no doubt endorsed by kronan). The world as we knew it is gone - the world as we know it today will also disappear. That's just life. The far-right will cry, shrieks of 'white genocide' will blast from right-wing echo chambers, but you're going to have to get used to it.

Last edited by dunno what to put here; 07-13-2016 at 11:16 PM..

Old 07-14-2016, 12:05 AM

14,497 posts, read 9,441,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunno what to put here View Post
Yes, well - claims of the well-educated being indoctrinated is usually the last call of defence for a certain type of person, when all else fails. I am, of course, not only referring to recent university graduates - my post also applies to university graduates of decades gone by. Degree-holders over 65 were considerably more likely to vote to remain in the EU and were less swayed by emotive rhetoric regarding immigration, than their counterparts without a degree. This is true for every age group. The type of propaganda peddled by nationalistic parties such as UKIP has always appealed to the least intelligent. Far-right parties rely on the uneducated masses to do their bidding because they are gullible enough to believe what they say. It really is a case of preying on the weak and vulnerable. There is also the small fact that people, by and large, tend to form their opinions first, and then seek out information to validate that opinion - it should be the other round, obviously, but everyone is biased - including myself.

It seems like a far-left agenda to you, because you are far-right, and your views are considered abnormal and bizarre by most of society. The posts you make are simply a defense mechanism to cope with the knowledge that the world is moving on and you are being left behind. You know what they say - adapt or die. In the UK, white British people are making up an ever smaller percentage of the overall population, and this will continue to be true whether immigration is cut or halted entirely. The demographic changes in motion now will not be reversed, sans genocide (no doubt endorsed by kronan). The world as we knew it is gone - the world as we know it today will also disappear. That's just life. The far-right will cry, shrieks of 'white genocide' will blast from right-wing echo chambers, but you're going to have to get used to it.
claims of indoctrination usually a last line of defence: while usually not a very well argued position, but not in this case. MacDonald puts forward well formulated arguments about this precise matter. While perhaps you think this form of indoctrination is a good thing, the mechanics he describes are no less true, regardless of what you or I think of said mechanisms. Also, historically, the values that the academic and media elite push do come from a very specific form of 20th century origin cultural marxism- this is not exactly a completely organic intellectual development. So this means it has no benefit of traditional wisdom. This is what far left refers to, whereas far right has simply developed as a slur for essentially traditional approaches to nationalism.

Cultural marxism has been a dominant intellectual force, silencing completing movements in western universities since approximately the 1960s or earlier. So yeah, a 70 year old degree holder in the west will have been exposed pretty much to an entire adult lifetime of it.

Finally, what the British do to themselves is ultimately not my concern. The multiculturalist narrative seems to be falling apart in many ways. E.g., BLM in the USA is a good example. Even if their concerns are completely justified, there is an inherent ingroup bias, or what you might call racism. Statistically, black on black crime is a much bigger cause of death for black men than white cops, or whites in general. And while many acknowledge this, few seem to get upset about it? Why? Because when violence is interracial, people start thinking in a tribal manner. That's what blm is. Us vs them is the way of nature and won't go away - ever. The only thing that may come band go are specific tribes and nations, if they do not have a survival instinct. Just ask the Native Americans about that.

Old 07-14-2016, 06:00 AM

24,128 posts, read 24,825,803 times
Different situation from 80 years back, when the University of Helsinki was one of the strongest bastions of the fascists together with the State Police.

Old 07-14-2016, 06:35 AM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

I'm having weird page reloading issues on the chat thread. Am I only one? Thinking of closing it. Since the happy / unhappy threads are back, are people ok with going back to those and having no separate chat thread?

Old 07-14-2016, 06:41 AM

24,128 posts, read 24,825,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nei View Post
I'm having weird page reloading issues on the chat thread. Am I only one? Thinking of closing it. Since the happy / unhappy threads are back, are people ok with going back to those and having no separate chat thread?
Check your phone/computer. No realoding problems here whatsoever.

Old 07-14-2016, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
Check your phone/computer. No realoding problems here whatsoever.
I'm not the only one:

Quote:
Originally Posted by snj90 View Post
Is anyone else experiencing this thing where you click on a thread, and it keeps redirecting back and forth so that the thread never loads? Happened a few times to me this morning. Maybe it's just my phone, idk

Edit: that's odd.. seems to be only for the general chat thread and only when i click on "last page."

Old 07-14-2016, 06:55 AM

1,761 posts, read 1,686,685 times
I need to reload the page everytime i want to enter this thread.

It shows an error message that says this in German:
"Bypass error
The site is redirecting the request in a way that they will never complete."

There are some things (like posting songs) that don't fit in the happy/unhappy threads so i'd prefer to open a new general chat thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather