Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-20-2015, 02:44 PM

16,191 posts, read 11,385,527 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arigarisha View Post
It doesn't compare. Historically, men haven't been dehumanized and valued only because of their looks, so no matter how hard you try, 'women do the same' never puts the issue on equal ground.
Women's objectification is bad enough that some people even use our sexual availability as some sort of touristic advertisment.
Well, we're discussing present day matters. Not how things were in 1935.

And we're discussing models here. Of course we're gonna base them off of their looks and sexual appeal. I'm sure as hell ain't basing them off of personality.

Old 10-20-2015, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean York View Post
Political **** just bores the life out of me.
Glad I didn't have to be the one to say it.

Old 10-20-2015, 03:02 PM

1,304 posts, read 1,130,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunno what to put here View Post
Tell it to someone who cares, sister.
You cared enough to read, quote and comment. Funny that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex985 View Post
Well, we're discussing present day matters. Not how things were in 1935.

And we're discussing models here. Of course we're gonna base them off of their looks and sexual appeal. I'm sure as hell ain't basing them off of personality.
Because history doesn't carry it's weight into the present, am I right?
Dude, nobody said anything about the models. You brough up objectification trying to excuse it away as 'women do it too, so it's all good'

Old 10-20-2015, 03:04 PM

14,497 posts, read 9,451,120 times
Quote:
It doesn't compare. Historically, men haven't been dehumanized and valued only because of their looks, so no matter how hard you try, 'women do the same' never puts the issue on equal ground.
Women's objectification is bad enough that some people even use our sexual availability as some sort of touristic advertisment.
"Dehumanized" is ridiculous rhetoric, but typical of the inflammatory feminist narrative. Gender roles exist for a reason. They've been developed so that men and women complement each other, since that supports a healthy family unit and a more functional collective, overall. As it is, men and women are driven apart by feminism; in lieu of cooperation, it is now competition. One side-effect that women now feel is that they are unsupported by men, but it remains their biological instinct to find a man who will support them.

Old 10-20-2015, 03:06 PM

9,264 posts, read 7,421,313 times
Jeez, did Aldi's mates from his feminist loving forum all come over here or something?

Old 10-20-2015, 03:06 PM

22,112 posts, read 29,623,935 times
Quote:
It doesn't take long to read - a few seconds. No skin off my back. I just grow weary of 'women have it soooo bad' comments - especially from privileged western women. Very boring.

Old 10-20-2015, 03:08 PM

Quote:

Because history doesn't carry it's weight into the present, am I right?
Dude, nobody said anything about the models. You brough up objectification trying to excuse it away as 'women do it too, so it's all good'
Society has changed a lot in the last 80 years, hell it's changed a lot in the last 30 years. And you clearly didn't read the conversation that was happening before that when we were discussing a selection of Finnish models.

How is me saying that I would bang them "objectifying" them FFS stop being so sensitive. It was a light-hearted comment. I don't think "less" of women because I said I would bang some random model You should hear some conversations I've heard females have when discussing male models or hot male actors. You're looking for an issue where one doesn't exist.

Why is it I can have conversations of hot women with female friends but uptight retards like you get all offended for no reason? You're right though, I'm clearly the problem here and not your overly-sensitive feminazi persona.

You're right though. I think of women as sexual objects that only purpose in life is to make my dinner and suck my wang and look pretty. Because you know, they're women and they're inferior to us.

Old 10-20-2015, 03:20 PM

1,304 posts, read 1,130,332 times
Quote:
Society has changed a lot in the last 80 years, hell it's changed a lot in the last 30 years.
So? Should we ignore current problems because 'society has changed a lot'?

Quote:
How is me saying that I would bang them "objectifying" them FFS stop being so sensitive.
Times I've accused you of objectifying women by saying you would bang them: Zero (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by snj90 View Post
"Dehumanized" is ridiculous rhetoric, but typical of the inflammatory feminist narrative. Gender roles exist for a reason. They've been developed so that men and women complement each other, since that supports a healthy family unit and a more functional collective, overall. As it is, men and women are driven apart by feminism; in lieu of cooperation, it is now competition. One side-effect that women now feel is that they are unsupported by men, but it remains their biological instinct to find a man who will support them.
I think you copied this from the website that advocated for the legalization of rape? I could be wrong though. Maybe it is from the one that celebrates 'bash a violent *****' month.

Which one is it?

Old 10-20-2015, 03:21 PM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,585,192 times
Maybe the conversation topic should be changed to something less heated?

Old 10-20-2015, 03:22 PM

Quote:
So? Should we ignore current problems because 'society has changed a lot'?

Times I've accused you of objectifying women by saying you would bang them: Zero (0)

I think you copied this from the website that advocated for the legalization of rape? I could be wrong though. Maybe it is from the one that celebrates 'bash a violent *****' month.

Which one is it?
So what in the hell was the point of your original comment then? So you're saying you weren't telling me I was objectifying women but felt the need to bring up your ridiculous rhetoric in your original comment?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather