Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-21-2015, 03:02 PM

881 posts, read 647,422 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthStarDelight View Post
Preach it brother, preach it.

I promise to give you reps when it lets me...lol.

I'm back to drinking full-fat milk now that I've found out they've been lying to me all these years. I'll never listen to any of that crap again, that's for sure.
Cheers man! I don't listen to any of that commie horse ****, I eat what taste good, I cook how I want to, and sure as hell I drink full fat (full cream here) milk aswell Skim milk is a crime against life. **** that ****

My Weber on the rear deck is my best friend My houseboat has an old school 30 year old gas fired oven and grill which uses REAL fire and needs a lighter to start, man, those grilled cheese sandwiches in this thing are something else and re-heated food tastes better than fresh. Superior to my old modern electric oven. **** modern conveniences. Fire and coal all the way!

Old 10-21-2015, 04:30 PM

4,439 posts, read 5,523,769 times
Are there really that many pro-corporate people in this world? I've always, *always* believed that corporations are run by total bumbling idiots, beginning with the TV programming fiasco of 1974 when we had that mess with winter DST and going to school an hour later and me not being able to watch my fave TV show.

This is are the responses that I got when I launched a thread about obtaining the special edition of Pepsi Perfect:

//www.city-data.com/forum/shopp...oax-pepsi.html

The last post, I will agree with (after my last post). It's not that important. I'd rather have me a Coca-Cola, any day.

Old 10-21-2015, 04:44 PM

14,497 posts, read 9,444,149 times
Quote:
I haven't changed my diet much since I started my intensive exercise program - I've lost 5 pounds so far.

I do find myself getting hungry a lot more, though.
Also, exercise has benefits beyond just weight management. I'm starting to care more about overall fitness than weight. But I guess I am free to feel that way since I'm not overweight.

Old 10-21-2015, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snj90 View Post
Also, exercise has benefits beyond just weight management. I'm starting to care more about overall fitness than weight. But I guess I am free to feel that way since I'm not overweight.
While I would love to not be overweight anymore, being "fat 'n fit" is certainly much better than not being in shape and overweight. It's nice to power my way up Stone Mtn without having to stop to catch my breath every 30 seconds.

Old 10-21-2015, 05:11 PM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,545,469 times
How long / steep is Stone Mountain? I have near obese friend living in NYC who ends up waliking lots of miles, has to be healthier than being a couch potato. The times I've been hiking within him he keeps the same pace as me on flatter ground, but on steeper terrain after a while he gets slow.

Old 10-21-2015, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nei View Post
How long / steep is Stone Mountain? I have near obese friend living in NYC who ends up waliking lots of miles, has to be healthier than being a couch potato. The times I've been hiking within him he keeps the same pace as me on flatter ground, but on steeper terrain after a while he gets slow.
Well, I hike in from the Village (so I don't have to pay the $15 parking fee, lol) - it's about 6/10 of a mile to the base of the rock, and then it's 1.2 miles to the summit, with around 700 feet vertical from the trailhead (800 feet from where the Skylift is). So, about 3.6 miles round trip.

My round-trip time when I did it yesterday was 1:02 - only 4 minutes off my record. I'm gunning for a 55-minute time by this time next month.

I use this hike to measure my overall level of fitness, since it's quite steep in spots. Very difficult if you're not in shape, not nearly as hard when you are.

Old 10-21-2015, 06:22 PM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,545,469 times
Quote:
Well, I hike in from the Village (so I don't have to pay the $15 parking fee, lol) - it's about 6/10 of a mile to the base of the rock, and then it's 1.2 miles to the summit, with around 700 feet vertical from the trailhead (800 feet from where the Skylift is). So, about 3.6 miles round trip.

My round-trip time when I did it yesterday was 1:02 - only 4 minutes off my record. I'm gunning for a 55-minute time by this time next month.
That's a fast clip for a hike, almost 15 minutes a mile with elevation gain. I wonder what you'd of the Amounosac Ravine trail. It has a section with 1550 feet of elevation gain in only one mile. Combined with another trail, it's the shortest, though maybe not the easiest way up Mt. Washington.

//www.city-data.com/forum/weath...l#post36380756

//www.city-data.com/forum/weath...l#post39191484

//www.city-data.com/forum/weath...l#post41204067 [first part — Mt. Monroe]

Old 10-21-2015, 08:16 PM

14,497 posts, read 9,444,149 times
It took me far too long to discover this band. Certainly among the best Slavic pagan metal bands today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_VxKZti7nw

Old 10-21-2015, 09:40 PM

11,655 posts, read 12,974,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldfront Factory View Post
lol at that new rate the Melbourne climate thread that was locked. Not sure whether or not to hate on "Ethereal" aka Theropod. Need other's input on this matter

btw I give that ****house climate 98 F's
Not sure what your deep vendetta against me is about. I mean, you just started a some sort of a hate campaign against me with that vile post.

Funny, you have gave Melbourne 98 F's (as you say) and yet you get mad when people criticize the climate? I made that poll/thread because you treated those Melbourne polls with iniquity.

Quote:
And he continually resurrects decade old rate the climate threads for no reason. He did refer to me as a troll in his newest melbourne thread (that thread could have simply been a "legit" way to insult me, who knows) so I may have to tell his Shitney ass to get stuffed. Just not 100% sure yet. So until further developments i'll keep my opinions neutral.
You expect that no one would call someone with 98 accounts a troll? Lol.

Quote:
I think that latest melbourne thread was just a cheap shot me at me.
The world doesn't revolve around you, unfortunately. You think too much of yourself.

Quote:
Why do I suddenly think your awesome and want to invite you over for a bbq and drinking?
Do I phase you this much? Wow.

Quote:
Probably like how "hot" and "superior" and therefore "impressive" it is
You say these things YOURSELF, ironically. You're the one thinks anything that is hot, it's automatically "superior" and "impressive". That's totally the opposite of how I see climates. Your thoughts about me are just deluded.

Look, you have this notion that every Sydneysider thinks that they live in a climate more superior than Melbourne. Newsflash, I don't really think that and I really don't care. And...you know very well that I despise hot climates...

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex985 View Post
He seems to have an agenda to try and make Australia's boring climates look as interesting as possible.
And? Everyone has their own definition of an interesting climate. I personally find four seasonal climates like NYC garbage, but I don't hate on users "promoting" them. Btw, there are only 3 active people here from AUS. We shouldn't be a threat.

Quote:
He does do that too. Sydney is not even that great either, talk about a snoozefest of a climate.
Yes. To you isn't. Are you aware the people have opinions?

Quote:
I'm not sure why he's always trying to prove how "varied" Sydney is. Like, give it a rest.
Poor you, must be hard sleeping through this huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunno what to put here View Post
But, Theropod is actually very annoying. I'd hate on him more but I've already had several dozen infractions.
Grow up.

Last edited by Ethereal; 10-21-2015 at 10:31 PM..

Old 10-21-2015, 09:53 PM

5,983 posts, read 4,281,583 times
Need to machine some parts for the gearbox on the outboard motor I'm building. Wonder if the UCF machine shop lets students work on projects.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather