Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-05-2016, 01:29 PM

16,191 posts, read 11,370,263 times

Advertisements

St. Louis summers are a bit too hot for me. Omaha temperatures with higher precipitation is about ideal, IMO.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2016, 01:36 PM

10,635 posts, read 16,710,622 times
I actually like a lot of weather variety contrary to what some might believe EXCEPT: Snow, Cold and Ice. Any other type of weather phenomenon I'm totally cool with

Old 05-05-2016, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deneb78 View Post
I actually like a lot of weather variety contrary to what some might believe EXCEPT: Snow, Cold and Ice. Any other type of weather phenomenon I'm totally cool with
That's cool at least you're not bitching and moaning when the weather isn't absolutely perfect.

Old 05-05-2016, 01:42 PM

12,623 posts, read 13,935,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagogeorge View Post
Based on what I know about Tom, way too cold in the winter and shoulder seasons for him. Also very chilly nights in the summer. Probably not enough summer convection either.

Yup, I have a strong dislike of jackets in summer. I like warm summer nights that are sultry. I like thunderstorms in the afternoon and evening and waking up to clear humid skies in the morning. I like winters where the temps stay within avg temps by a range of 5F on either side of the mean. I like spring temps in spring, not winter temps in spring. Summer in Canada is like spring here.

Old 05-05-2016, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitty61 View Post
Not all countries/states have seasons.

Glad to hear from you Ariete from Finland. Admire you folks. Such a rich history!
Believe it or not our closest neighbors don't know or want to know anything about our insignificant country .and that bugs me. We are large with them in NATO.

Don't take it personally. Americans don't know much about a US state 500 miles away from them let alone another country. They can't even tell you who was president during WWII let alone anything about Canada.

Old 05-05-2016, 01:46 PM

5,455 posts, read 3,390,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex985 View Post
Why is it people from colder climates always use a couple of much warmer than average years as a representation of its climate? lol
lol I told you I have been here 10 years. lol lol I live here and know better than average mean temperature reports.lol

Old 05-05-2016, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom77falcons View Post
Don't take it personally. Americans don't know much about a US state 500 miles away from them let alone another country. They can't even tell you who was president during WWII let alone anything about Canada.
I told one of my friends that I'm moving to Minneapolis in September and they didn't know where that was....like seriously?

I don't think that would happen in any other country. And the argument of us being a big country isn't a good one because I'm sure any Canadian in Toronto would know where Edmonton is regardless of how far it is.

Old 05-05-2016, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe90 View Post
I think the no jacket in summer argument, is more likely from places where jackets are part of winter.

Any time these people need to don jackets in summer, makes them think of winter.

Lol, you are reaching Joe. Not at all. Jackets are more about spring and fall, not winter. Summers are about personal preferences and maybe what a person grew up with in their culture. Here, summers were t-shirts and shorts outside all the time and never ever needing to put on a jacket cause it was chilly. It is about walking outside at 4am and the air feels like a warm embrace. It is not about 55F on a July night.

Winter is a totally different ball game around here.

Old 05-05-2016, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunno what to put here View Post
It just seems like a silly complaint to me - like wearing a jacket in the evening in July is going to ruin your day or something. Honestly, people on here can be so melodramatic.

Same as the people that want -35F in winter lol. All personal preference and what kind of climate you grew up in and like. That is what makes this forum interesting.

Old 05-05-2016, 01:55 PM

22,216 posts, read 21,687,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom77falcons View Post
Lol, you are reaching Joe. Not at all. Jackets are more about spring and fall, not winter. Summers are about personal preferences and maybe what a person grew up with in their culture. Here, summers were t-shirts and shorts outside all the time and never ever needing to put on a jacket cause it was chilly. It is about walking outside at 4am and the air feels like a warm embrace. It is not about 55F on a July night.

Winter is a totally different ball game around here.
I guess it's always going to depend on the individual,

But I'm used to a climate where a jacket in summer or shorts and T-shirt in winter, are no big deal. So I don't need summer to be flawless, because the rest of the year is going to be mellow anyway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather