Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-28-2016, 01:46 PM

83,520 posts, read 75,307,397 times

Advertisements

Wild Fire Map.

http://www.arcgis.com/apps/PublicInf...4097%2C57.0693

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2016, 03:58 PM

3,314 posts, read 2,216,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post
Wild Fire Map.

Public Information Map

Thank you cambium.

Old 07-28-2016, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder98 View Post
Thank you cambium.
No prob. Stay safe. Hope the fires dont affect you aside from the air.

You need that Upper Level High to shift east

Old 07-28-2016, 05:29 PM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,485,386 times
Quote:
July 27-28, 2016. All pics within 1 hour from me just to give an idea where all these were from.

Had an awesome ride through Weston,CT:

Driveway was like 1/3 mile long into woods to get to a house. Love it.
mmm dirt roads in the woods

Quote:
Even passed over some brooks and streams
looks dry

Quote:
I forget exactly where but I just love being in rural / country like areas and seeing just 1 or 2 mom & pop stores... and an old gas pump?
I like bigger rural towns but perhaps I take them more for granted?

Quote:
New Tapanzee Bridge over the Hudson River.
didn't realize the new bridge is finished now

Quote:
Higher than the old bridge. Good for those 1000 yr floods and the Titanic.
Lol; the old one was really low for an long bridge

Quote:
Never been to the West side of the River.. I have to admit, it was a nice ride with views and less congestion overall than on the Westchester County side
haven't you posted photos of a drive on Storm King Highway? That's on the west side. Or do you mean south of the Bear Mtn Bridge?

Part of the west side is parkland; can access more of it by bicycle. I did a ride along the west side between the George Washington Bridge and the Bear Mtn Bridge last summer. (First section is on the east side of the river in Manhattan).

//www.city-data.com/forum/weath...l#post41176715

Looks like the main highway goes away from the river and gives a view of the hills

Old 07-29-2016, 06:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nei View Post
haven't you posted photos of a drive on Storm King Highway? That's on the west side. Or do you mean south of the Bear Mtn Bridge?

I don't remember "Storm King Highway" but I never was on that side of the river on that road from Nyack. Route 202 is an awesome road to drive on. I was on 202 from Bear Mountain but not from points south. Here's a map to get an idea where I was..

Quote:
didn't realize the new bridge is finished now
Not finished but progress is pretty fast. Not sure when it will be finished. Maybe Summer next year? More info and live webcams with this link.. The New NY Bridge Project

Nice video showing the workers and project. THIS is what we need across America. Bridges and Roads repairs and rebuilds. There's only 1 candidate that would make that happen and help create jobs.

Watch the snow fly while they're still working up there. Workers & managers from all over the East coast are helping.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Of_peiwQ7aY

Old 07-29-2016, 07:51 AM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,485,386 times
Quote:
I don't remember "Storm King Highway" but I never was on that side of the river on that road from Nyack.
No, I meant I remember you posted photos of a drive on Storm King Highway (NY-218) before; think in the fall a few years ago.

Quote:
Route 202 is an awesome road to drive on. I was on 202 from Bear Mountain but not from points south. Here's a map to get an idea where I was..
yep recognize the route. Here's my bike ride last August

Spoiler

Old 07-29-2016, 07:56 AM

Quote:
No, I meant I remember you posted photos of a drive on Storm King Highway (NY-218) before; think in the fall a few years ago.

yep recognize the route. Here's my bike ride last August

I don't remember 218. I may have. Looking at the map its north of where I was yesterday but I travel a lot so maybe. Impressive if I was and you remember and I don't! lol

Love the travel map path. Would love to see more of that. In fact a hiking trail map of your hike/bike would be sweet next time. I'll have to remember myself.

Old 07-29-2016, 07:58 AM

Really?

It's one thing if you steal it, but to sit on my deck and eat it? lol

Apparently it wasn't a Tomato.. I left some cucumbers "on the ground" that weren't good... I got the squirrels trained well. Take whats on the ground, not the plant!

BTW -- Cucumbers suck this year! I'm blaming June's weather for that

Then again... The cucumbers on the ground, not the trellis are much healthier. Weird.

Lots of Bell Peppers.

Hot Peppers doing well with the July Heat/Humidity we had

Will the Eggplants actually produce? What a comeback! Do they know they only have 1 more good month? lol

Been picking ripe tomatoes for the past week. This one is called Black Krim. Darker color but not resistant to cracking though.

Old 07-29-2016, 10:25 AM

9,182 posts, read 12,128,391 times

I-405

Old 07-29-2016, 11:51 AM
B87

11,769 posts, read 10,597,260 times
A cloudy day today, with a high of 22c. Even with a dry July, the grass is still mostly green after the gloomy and wet June.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather