Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-05-2016, 02:00 AM

680 posts, read 649,218 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom77falcons View Post
Looks like Big Bend National Park? Mountains also kinda look like Nevada desert.
You'd be spot on with the Nevada desert guess, it's Red Rock Canyon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2016, 03:52 AM
B87

11,769 posts, read 10,597,260 times
Couple of pics of the Surrey countryside from a walk last night.

Old 08-05-2016, 10:52 AM

2,117 posts, read 1,739,523 times
Olympia, WA

Old 08-05-2016, 11:23 AM

9,182 posts, read 12,130,809 times
View from I-5

Seattle traffic

Green Lake "beach"

Old 08-05-2016, 03:08 PM

83,520 posts, read 75,333,969 times
August 5, 2016 afternoon:
Temp 81-85°F (27-29C)
Dewpoint 65°F (18C)

Just to give you an idea where I was and the path... Such a nice area I can see myself living.

Along the way I did feel warm pockets through the Hudson Valley. I had windows down on the highway and at some points the Air temp definitely jumped a few degrees where I needed the A/C. Always interesting.

Cant see it but way way in the back there are hills

Port Jervis, NY near the PA/NJ border.

Day isn't complete until I see one of these. I'm so glad people are leaving them be even though falling apart. Looks like there is electric to it.

Town called Putnam Valley. An Overhang! But a shopping center which isn't uncommon to see.

Albany or NYC? How about straight towards CT?

I-84. Those hills are called the Hudson Highlands. They're on the other side of the Hudson river you cant see here. Through my windshield but there was a haze to them.

Newburgh Beacon Bridge over the Hudson River. Nice scenery. Saw someone jogging on the bridge.

Toll plaza coming up. EZPass the only way to go. Do people still wait??

I wish I got a close-up of the hills. It's a deep green forest. Oh well.

My Onions in a basket and my Aloe Vera plant.

Old 08-05-2016, 07:39 PM

29,533 posts, read 19,620,154 times
****ing awesome pic

https://twitter.com/TrevorMahlmann/s...58390867169280

Old 08-05-2016, 07:47 PM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,496,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post
Along the way I did feel warm pockets through the Hudson Valley. I had windows down on the highway and at some points the Air temp definitely jumped a few degrees where I needed the A/C. Always interesting.
Wow, thought you'd be blast your A/C at all times on all but the coolest summer days.

Quote:
Day isn't complete until I see one of these. I'm so glad people are leaving them be even though falling apart. Looks like there is electric to it.
Surprised to see those with electric wiring. I guess since toolsheds can get electric why not an old barn?

Quote:
I-84. Those hills are called the Hudson Highlands. They're on the other side of the Hudson river you cant see here. Through my windshield but there was a haze to them.
Hudson Highlands are great. You should try hiking Breakneck Ridge. Or Storm King Mountain. You'd enjoy them. Not that long, but great views.

Quote:
Yea, weird. Maybe some people just drive locally, and very rarely go on toll roads. Or for locals, stay only on one side of the river.

Old 08-05-2016, 07:48 PM

6,908 posts, read 7,668,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post
August 5, 2016 afternoon:
Temp 81-85°F (27-29C)
Dewpoint 65°F (18C)

Just to give you an idea where I was and the path... Such a nice area I can see myself living.

Cant see it but way way in the back there are hills

Port Jervis, NY near the PA/NJ border.

Town called Putnam Valley. An Overhang! But a shopping center which isn't uncommon to see.

Albany or NYC? How about straight towards CT?

Newburgh Beacon Bridge over the Hudson River. Nice scenery. Saw someone jogging on the bridge.

I wish I got a close-up of the hills. It's a deep green forest. Oh well.

My Onions in a basket and my Aloe Vera plant.

Always in the fast lane cambium?

Nice pics, like the rolling hills.

Old 08-06-2016, 12:29 AM

9,182 posts, read 12,130,809 times
Golden Gardens Beach on a Friday evening.

Old 08-06-2016, 04:55 AM

83,520 posts, read 75,333,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetsNHL View Post
Always in the fast lane cambium?

Nice pics, like the rolling hills.

lol, Always! Well, I was in the slow lane to exit. Joking aside I do stay in the slow lane sometimes or when people are faster than me which is annoying because I'm already going over the speed limit but with respect I move over, then move back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nei View Post
Wow, thought you'd be blast your A/C at all times on all but the coolest summer days.

Hudson Highlands are great. You should try hiking Breakneck Ridge. Or Storm King Mountain. You'd enjoy them. Not that long, but great views.

Wow! You know your hills/mountains. Very cool. I saw "storm king mountain" on the map. Looks like a nice place to check out one day.

Wasn't that humid so the air from the highway (plus wasn't congested with fumes and heat) I was able to keep the windows down at 65-80mph. Nice country songs came on I was blasting. Something always gets me in the mood for country music when I'm in those areas (which I like anyway but feels like a must there).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather