Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-15-2017, 11:42 AM

1,772 posts, read 1,504,913 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rozenn View Post
Lol what'd you do? I lost mine while drunk last summer. Someone connected on my Whatsapp account a few hours later.
I don't remember too well I have been told that I just dropped the phone and it fell down a steep street.
Once I washed my clothes while drunk and forgot to take the phone out of the pocket.

Old 02-15-2017, 04:26 PM

11,655 posts, read 12,960,282 times
My ears are blocked like hell. I'm like partially deaf. And yesterday, my fever was rather high.

Who knew that you can get influenza in the middle of the summer.

Old 02-15-2017, 06:09 PM

11,554 posts, read 9,329,863 times
I almost never get sick in the summer. Maybe once in a decade sort of event. It's another reason I can't wait to get out of these cold climates nothing but flus and colds from November to March

Old 02-15-2017, 06:13 PM

16,191 posts, read 11,367,600 times
Flus and colds have nothing to do with the weather outside. We have probably gone over this like 37829790137438974832947197564756984736834984013928 90 different times on this forum.....if that were the case I would never get sick here. I just got done with a really bad cold and it was in the 80s the whole time I had that cold. Stop blaming your problems on cold weather.

Old 02-15-2017, 07:34 PM

3,326 posts, read 2,620,696 times
The cold makes your immune system to be weaker, that's why on winters the diseases specially those ones related to lungs are bigger.

I can put lots of sources which talk about studies maded in US universities which have proven this...

The cold is true that it can appear also on summer but with a lot of times less posibility. But flu is almost winter related. In Spain it's not a coincidence that every year in the north and specially the interior got quite more prevalence of flu during the winter that the locations of the south, coast or the islands... That's what the own Spanish Health Minister say.

Old 02-15-2017, 07:38 PM

16,191 posts, read 11,367,600 times
People get sick in winter because they spend more time indoors than they do in summer, therefore more in close contact with other people who may be sick. Doesn't have to do with it being cold.

I have a friend that lives in Bismarck, ND and is very active year-round, he doesn't get sick particularly in winter more than other seasons. You know why? Because instead of sucking his thumb, whining and staying inside because it isn't 70 F and sunny outside, he sucks it up, goes out and snowshoes, hikes trails, jogs, runs, etc.

I'm sure in Spain people who live in the north spend more times indoors in winter than in the south.

http://www.health.com/health/gallery...6,00.html#ad-3

Old 02-15-2017, 07:40 PM

15,318 posts, read 17,224,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex985 View Post
People get sick in winter because they spend more time indoors than they do in summer, therefore more in close contact with other people who may be sick. Doesn't have to do with it being cold.

I have a friend that lives in Bismarck, ND and is very active year-round, he doesn't get sick particularly in winter more than other seasons. You know why? Because instead of sucking his thumb, whining and staying inside because it isn't 70 F and sunny outside, he actually goes out and snowshoes, hikes trails, jogs, runs, etc.

I'm sure in Spain people who live in the north spend more times indoors in winter than in the south.
Lmao at the bolded

Old 02-15-2017, 07:45 PM

3,326 posts, read 2,620,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex985 View Post

I have a friend that lives in Bismarck, ND and is very active year-round, he doesn't get sick particularly in winter more than other seasons. You know why? Because instead of sucking his thumb, whining and staying inside because it isn't 70 F and sunny outside, he actually goes out and snowshoes, hikes trails, jogs, runs, etc.

Winter Health Myths Busted - Health.com
yea that's true, most people living on the coast and the south in 90-95% of winter days (unless those ones which rain) go outside and take a beer in a terrace or something like that (Spanish habit)

in the interior better said as Spain is very mountainous and the interior specially inland in the north gets freezes quite often, cities like León at 850masl and stuff always get the biggest prevalence of flu

Old 02-15-2017, 07:52 PM

11,554 posts, read 9,329,863 times
I definitely notice a difference. I used to get sick way more often when I was in Moscow, almost all the time actually. When we moved to the States altho I still get sick in the winter, it decreased a lot

Old 02-15-2017, 07:52 PM

11,655 posts, read 12,960,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warszawa View Post
I almost never get sick in the summer. Maybe once in a decade sort of event. It's another reason I can't wait to get out of these cold climates nothing but flus and colds from November to March
I have never gotten sick in the summer. This was a first. Anyway, my throat is hurting right now.

Not sure about the cold making people sick, but I tend to get sick when the weather drastically changes or during seasonal transitions. I think your immune system gets weaker when that happens.

There are many factors on why people get sick in the winter more. Staying indoors more and being around people is one of them, but it isn't the only one. Your immune system is weaker in cold weather, which is understandable considering that our body temperature is 37C. Low humidity is another factor, although I don't buy that one, since there are a lot areas with high humidity in the winter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather