Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-15-2017, 06:01 PM

6,112 posts, read 3,925,140 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex985 View Post
I hope so. I mean the guy was a kook and me and him had some arguments, but I would never wish that type of harm on anyone. I've seen people say that "Northnomad" guy is him but I really doubt it. Northnomad has significantly different preferences and style of writing.
There's a lot of conspiracy theories surrounding that user

I can't see how it could be Meteoman, he seems more mentally stable and less aggressive. I've always assumed he's Scandinavian?

Old 06-15-2017, 06:19 PM

7,033 posts, read 4,956,021 times
I lurked on this site for about 6 months before making my account. I remember I was lurking it a lot when I was in croatia, and wondering if I had passed ksolina on the street

Old 06-15-2017, 07:36 PM

16,191 posts, read 11,367,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovemycomputer90 View Post
Haha probably. Maybe I should start the Summer 2019 thread now.
Might as well start a Winter 2020 thread while you're at it.

The forum really picked up around 2012-2013 or so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razza94 View Post
There's a lot of conspiracy theories surrounding that user

I can't see how it could be Meteoman, he seems more mentally stable and less aggressive. I've always assumed he's Scandinavian?
Wherever he lives almost always has highs in the 60s. I honestly find his OBS a little hard to believe sometimes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgtheone View Post
I lurked on this site for about 6 months before making my account. I remember I was lurking it a lot when I was in croatia, and wondering if I had passed ksolina on the street
I remember during 2014, my family and I were going through financial hardships and I didn't post for a while. I came back around 2015 and people like you and Tommy were posting (among other new posters) and I was like who the **** are these guys?

Old 06-15-2017, 08:23 PM

11,326 posts, read 20,335,876 times
I can't believe I joined this site all the way back in 2009, I may have been the youngest poster here at one point. I fell back for a bit, I wasn't here when Wavehunter became a troll, his account was simply banned when I came back lol. The daily FUXTON rants I sort of miss.

I really need to think of a new username, this one makes me sick.

Old 06-15-2017, 09:09 PM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,496,782 times
Quote:
Yeah, I was only 15 back then lol. Against forum rules (sorry nei )
lol, I figured that out. I wasn't moderator when you were under old name though. I think you're the active forum member who's been around the longest. I started posting regularly in summer 2010, I mostly lurked for a year.

Quote:
I remember all those users. I miss ColdCanadian, he was cool even though he was the most extreme heat miser I've ever seen . Also, ILNC was really nice. We would always bond over both of our loves for cold weather lol.
The early users were nice but spent much of the time moaning about their climate. Or creating ridiculous, barely liveable dream climates. I'd say the peak of the forum was around 2012-13 or so. More users and enough to keep the seasonal discussions active plus a lot of topics still felt fresh. Then the forum got overwhelmed by polls and then some of the interesting weather discussions often tapered down. I'd like to go through the best threads at some point. Many users got less active, too

Quote:
I was rather trollish when I first started off, I remember I would go to the FL forums just to talk about how much Miami sucks and I would call anyone who disagreed with me stupid.
You still call those that disagree with you stupid...

Old 06-15-2017, 09:14 PM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

Quote:
Looking at old threads, it seemed like Wavehunter was genuine user who contributed a lot, then he degenerated into a troll.

What happened?
I think he got bored with the forum plus got frustrated not everyone shared his love for hot, humid summer subtropical climates so decided to troll. He was slowly get aggressively anti-oceanic climates. Back in 2012, he hijacked at a Atlanta vs Sydney thread to argue Atlanta was clearly warmer than Melbourne by just looking at summer temperatures. I responded to him too much.

//www.city-data.com/forum/weath...l#post22879720

fun to see a certain Melbourne poster defend his climate

Old 06-15-2017, 09:40 PM

5,039 posts, read 4,354,882 times
I starting posting in the weather forum back in 2013.

I actually first joined city data back in 2007 (I was in high school at the time). I mostly just posted in the Louisiana forum at first then started posting in the General U.S. forum. I don't really have much interest in posting in forums other than the weather forum now.

Old 06-15-2017, 09:48 PM

I thought you were younger, too

Old 06-16-2017, 01:02 AM

7,033 posts, read 4,956,021 times
Quote:
I remember during 2014, my family and I were going through financial hardships and I didn't post for a while. I came back around 2015 and people like you and Tommy were posting (among other new posters) and I was like who the **** are these guys?
Lol, I've racked up quite a few posts since then... I still remember Teritus as well, another aussie who joined around the same time as me. Wonder what happened with him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nei View Post
The early users were nice but spent much of the time moaning about their climate. Or creating ridiculous, barely liveable dream climates. I'd say the peak of the forum was around 2012-13 or so. More users and enough to keep the seasonal discussions active plus a lot of topics still felt fresh. Then the forum got overwhelmed by polls and then some of the interesting weather discussions often tapered down. I'd like to go through the best threads at some point. Many users got less active, too.
I think I joined at the end of the peak. Sad!

Old 06-16-2017, 01:34 AM

5,601 posts, read 3,506,777 times
Quote:
The "94" refers to my year of birth, I'm 22. I was born late in the year.

I did have a Marxist phase, but I think most people do in their youth, especially in Uni, which is a left-wing echo chamber. I celebrated when Corbyn became Labour leader
WHAT?

Glad you woke up lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather