Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-23-2017, 04:50 PM

6,112 posts, read 3,923,863 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamingGalah! View Post
I was at work when 9/11 was unfolding, someone came into the office & mentioned something so we put on the radio. It was so scary, even in the UK, as airports were closed etc.. 2001 is memorable for me in other ways too though, as it was at that job that I met my partner & we are still together now 16 years later
Awwww, everything has a silver lining

Old 06-23-2017, 07:39 PM

1,363 posts, read 791,495 times
Saw a set of thick contrails pass over head, didn't appear on flightradar24 so grabbed the binoculars and it looked like a C-5 Galaxy or an AN-124. Definitely a high-wing 4-engine jet.

Old 06-24-2017, 01:36 AM

5,601 posts, read 3,505,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nei View Post
I still find amusing that your main symbolism on British politics is whatever they symbolize on views of Islam. Most here who paid attention, or at least the ones I noticed, were only thinking of economic symbolism.
Europe stands before two massive enemies:

Fundamentalist islam
the EU elite and their encroachment on national sovereignity

Unless both those are beaten my country's and my continent's futures are completely f*cked. My first consideration when I'm going to vote is always those two issues. I'll only vote for a party that I regard as the lesser of the evils on those issues. Who cares about short-term gains of the economy anyways if we're going to be ran by crazy mullas before my life is over? I find it stunning that people in Sweden still are worried about the school system when they're going to vote when we're in such a national emergency.

Old 06-24-2017, 04:42 AM

7,501 posts, read 6,291,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nei View Post
Fringe nationalist liberation groups happened in Europe in the 70s, today. ETA of course in Spain and there were far-left groups in Italy. And the IRA was another level; civil war like in Northern Ireland.
The Bologna train station had a terrorist attack in '80, still to this day the authors are unknown, yet the general consensus is that it is an extreme-right / freemason attack tied to the CIA.

Old 06-24-2017, 04:45 AM

7,501 posts, read 6,291,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunno what to put here View Post
Yup. Travelled all the way up to Lorraine to experience this. That was pretty great. Not sure I'll see another one in my lifetime so I had to go.

Old 06-24-2017, 04:46 AM

699 posts, read 368,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lommaren View Post
Europe stands before two massive enemies:

Fundamentalist islam
the EU elite and their encroachment on national sovereignity

Unless both those are beaten my country's and my continent's futures are completely f*cked. My first consideration when I'm going to vote is always those two issues. I'll only vote for a party that I regard as the lesser of the evils on those issues. Who cares about short-term gains of the economy anyways if we're going to be ran by crazy mullas before my life is over? I find it stunning that people in Sweden still are worried about the school system when they're going to vote when we're in such a national emergency.
I'm happy you included that.

Old 06-24-2017, 04:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever96 View Post
I'm happy you included that.
So you're an inner London leaver?

Old 06-24-2017, 05:08 AM

14,497 posts, read 9,435,900 times
There was a tornado warning here this morning. Not a watch - a warning, which is the highest alert. But by the time I saw it, I realized it wasn't going to impact my immediate area.

Old 06-24-2017, 05:14 AM

699 posts, read 368,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lommaren View Post
So you're an inner London leaver?
I was thinking to myself before why would an independent country like the UK want to have some of its sovereignty taken away from it?

I see good points for the EU and against.

Old 06-24-2017, 05:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever96 View Post
I was thinking to myself before why would an independent country like the UK want to have some of its sovereignty taken away from it?

I see good points for the EU and against.
The only thing the EU could do is to operate a single market of goods and allow easier access for highly-skilled people to move inside the union. Everything else is stepping way out of boundaries. Single market of services causes wage-dumping and is disastrous and not allowing individual states to operate their own foreign trade policies and allow for border controls and exemptions of the free trade-clause is neo-liberal claptrap horrible sh*t.

Ultimately that's why neo-liberal trash inside the Tories love the EU: Osborne, Ken Clarke and John Major et cetera
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather