Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: A question about snow/cold lovers and snow/cold haters on this thread
They are about dead even(the snow haters and snow lovers) 6 14.63%
There are more cold/snow haters than snow/cold lovers on here 12 29.27%
There are more snow lovers than snow haters on here 19 46.34%
Not sure, never really have given this question much thought or insight 6 14.63%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2017, 10:53 AM

5,601 posts, read 3,517,882 times

Advertisements

I think snow is nice if it has to be cold, in fact I detest our winters when there isn't snow and it is still below 5C.

If we could have it above 5C all the time I wouldn't mind there being no snow. It's the cold air that's not very nice.

So it's not that easy and simple altogether...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2017, 10:54 AM

5,601 posts, read 3,517,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex985 View Post
This forum is full of people who whine and ***** about any weather that isn't absolutely perfect (20 C and sunny). Definitely not dominated by cold/snow lovers.
If that meant me I'm completely fine with 17C and drizzle

Old 01-31-2017, 10:54 AM

22,112 posts, read 29,643,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
When I started posting on the forum there certainly were at least as many snow/winter/4-season lovers as snow haters, but today the scales are definitely in the snow haters' favour. Many of the HC-coldies but also 4-season lovers have stopped posting and being replaced by "I want the weather to be as boring as possible" posters.
Yup. When I first joined there were definitely many more cold and snow lovers. Not the case now. Most of them just don't post anymore.

Now, all we have are 'will this palm survive -50C unprotected in Siberia or not' threads.

Old 01-31-2017, 11:00 AM

11,554 posts, read 9,356,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex985 View Post
This forum is full of people who whine and ***** about any weather that isn't absolutely perfect (20 C and sunny). Definitely not dominated by cold/snow lovers.
To be fair there are people here like me and YITYNR whose "perfect" weather would be like 25-30c and dry

Old 01-31-2017, 11:35 AM

1,187 posts, read 1,379,144 times
When did 'snowy weather' and 'boring weather' become opposite terms?
In fact, I tend to think that the most usually interesting weather events come with non-cold weather conditions -- this is, situations where severe thunderstorms are most likely. In this regard, I see weather in Southern Brazil much more interesting than in Finland.

Of course, weather events that strongly depart from the typical conditions of the site are always interesting, no matter what kind of event it is. I do like snow, as it is something extremely unusual where I live, and I profoundly dislike hot damp weather. However, although I'd like the climate of the place I live to be cooler in each season, I wouldn't like to live in a place with subfreezing winters, or a place where thunderstorms are rare.

To summarize, liking snowy winters or not has nothing to do with liking steady climates or having 'weird' interests for a weather fan...

Old 01-31-2017, 11:42 AM

6,112 posts, read 3,937,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunno what to put here View Post
Yup. When I first joined there were definitely many more cold and snow lovers. Not the case now. Most of them just don't post anymore.
I've not been on here for very long. But it seems to me that whenever someone posts about colder climates that they love, they just tend to be mocked by sun-worshipers. No wonder they're too shy to post.

Old 01-31-2017, 04:51 PM

135 posts, read 90,882 times
I like snow, I mean I would hate it if I never got snow- but I do get tired of it quickly. I think ideally I'd like winter to have one or two cold weeks and then be in the mid 50s the rest of the time. Snow can be very magical the first time of the year or for the holidays, but then it gets old and just makes you feel depressed.

calling yourself or anybody else 'snow lovers' or even 'heat lover/cold lover' seems kinda corny/dorky to me. I suppose I am a love lover. I just love love. Because it's loving.

Old 01-31-2017, 05:42 PM

729 posts, read 430,756 times
I'm not on here enough to know. I like cold for various reasons, like how it keeps vermin away. But there's a lot to hate too, like constant fear of snow and icy roads. Ultimately, I'd probably prefer a moderate climate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather