Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: When?
1-15 May 1 1.85%
16-31 May 10 18.52%
1-15 June 13 24.07%
16-30 June 14 25.93%
1 July or later 16 29.63%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2017, 07:29 AM

1,916 posts, read 1,459,594 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
No I don't, I'm just saying sh*t? Really? the most uncomfortable I have ever been with weather has been in Croatia in December and Corfu in July, now that's what I would call sh*t but even then at least the weather didn't 'kill' me (whereas it can quite easily in some parts of the world), sh*t? I don't think so, what that guy/girl came out with is simply bad stereotyping, this site is full of it, and its because of that 'bad stereotyping' that many tourists are woefully dressed when they visit the countyry, its because of that 'bad stereotyping' that I here the same thing from just about EVERY foreign person I've worked with, they all say 'hey the weather isn't bad here after all' (and because of my job I've worked with dozens). I don't 'really care' as you put it but it does seem that I am not allowed my own opinion - the reason - because as this site proves you simply cannot fight with 'stereotypes' because its 'stereotypes' that make people the other side of the world such 'experts' on countries they've never even set foot in.
Why wont you let people disagree with you? IMO London has a problem with their weather if places like NYC which has colder winters can reach yearly temperature milestones like first 68/20, 70/21, 80/26, or even first 90/32 before London can reach 80/26. Hell LaGuardia had a minimum of 80/26 before London got to 80/26. Granted that was exceptional but it happened.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2017, 07:38 AM

22,112 posts, read 29,589,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeefan93 View Post
Why wont you let people disagree with you? IMO London has a problem with their weather if places like NYC which has colder winters can reach yearly temperature milestones like first 68/20, 70/21, 80/26, or even first 90/32 before London can reach 80/26. Hell LaGuardia had a minimum of 80/26 before London got to 80/26. Granted that was exceptional but it happened.
Comments like this are pretty retarded though, you gotta admit. This is simply a reflection of New York's greater 'continentality', similar to how places with far colder winters than London can exceed 70F in the middle of winter. It isn't a 'problem', it just is what it is.

Otherwise, each to their own. People don't move to England for the climate.

Old 05-21-2017, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunno what to put here View Post
Comments like this are pretty retarded though, you gotta admit. This is simply a reflection of New York's greater 'continentality', similar to how places with far colder winters than London can exceed 70F in the middle of winter. It isn't a 'problem', it just is what it is.

Otherwise, each to their own.
How is an opinion retarded? The UK shouldn't have a problem with their climate in reality but in my opinion the winters are too warm and the summers are too cool. Those are the "problems" I have with London's climate.

Old 05-21-2017, 07:43 AM

29,535 posts, read 19,626,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunno what to put here View Post

Otherwise, each to their own. People don't move to England for the climate.
Same is true for Illinois (Chicago)....

Old 05-21-2017, 07:46 AM

6,112 posts, read 3,925,140 times
Quote:
How is an opinion retarded? The UK shouldn't have a problem with their climate in reality but in my opinion the winters are too warm and the summers are too cool. Those are the "problems" I have with London's climate.
Don't take it personally, dunno has a reputation for being quite aggressive.

I'm actually scared of him.

Old 05-21-2017, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razza94 View Post
Don't take it personally, dunno has a reputation for being quite aggressive.
Should've known that as that was quite aggressive.

Old 05-21-2017, 07:50 AM

658 posts, read 359,915 times
Quote:
Isn't this rather obvious for an oceanic climate? These climates have moderated temperatures year round so it's not surprising that they will rarely record extremes in temperature, much unlike continental climates.

Standard deviation in temperatures is much higher in continental vs. oceanic climates. Not sure this really needs to be explained.

Old 05-21-2017, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northnomad View Post
Isn't this rather obvious for an oceanic climate? These climates have moderated temperatures year round so it's not surprising that they will rarely record extremes in temperature, much unlike continental climates.

Standard deviation in temperatures is much higher in continental vs. oceanic climates. Not sure this really needs to be explained.
I know that.... The criticism I wrote in my last comment is my usual criticism of oceanic climates as I don't like them at all.

Old 05-21-2017, 08:41 AM
B87 B87 started this thread

11,769 posts, read 10,599,580 times
I leave this thread for a day and it all goes down the drain.

Old 05-21-2017, 08:52 AM

49 posts, read 49,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean York View Post
Stop whining about other people's opinions. Moaning and whining, just because some people don't agree with you.
Clearly, you do care.
yep, he is by far the biggest crybaby frequenting this forum. not to mention i think the summers in sweden are **** too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather