Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Continent with the best climate(s)
South America 11 12.09%
North America 29 31.87%
Europe 22 24.18%
Australia (and Oceania) 21 23.08%
Africa 3 3.30%
Asia 5 5.49%
Voters: 91. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2017, 03:23 PM

23,688 posts, read 9,386,686 times

Advertisements

North America
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2017, 03:32 PM

13,486 posts, read 9,030,344 times
Australia & Oceania have the best climates in the world

Last edited by flamingGalah!; 07-18-2017 at 04:42 PM..

Old 07-18-2017, 04:44 PM

16,191 posts, read 11,367,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by f5fstop View Post
No problem here with comprehension skills I noted your judgmental exclusion of the Antarctica. I just made a statement that implied forgot a continent that should have been posted in the poll since your thread did say which continent has the best climate, so all should be posted.

Your exclusion of the Antarctica is an assumption and when you ASSUME you do make an *** out of yourself. There might have been more than you think. But then, I am questioning the all knowing, so should I apologize? (That question is rhetorical in case you don't know, and if you don't know what rhetorical is, look it up.)

As for a non-regular, exactly what does that mean? It is not like I am a troll and this is my first post on City Data. So is are these subjective questions from this area of City-Data for a select group of members only? Does one have to bow down to you to be able to answer a question or make a statement? is this like your own private domain here? Are you the owner of the City-Data forum?

No need to answer any of my questions, since I am not a regular member I will not be back to view it. Seems the idea of becoming a regular with people like you in the club; make me want to stay away (more than stay away; however, that cannot be printed on this forum).

Best feature of ANY forum is the ignore list, and mine just got a new member.
You really believe anyone would choose Antarctica as the best continent in terms of climate? Even people who love the cold hate Antarctica's climate. It was rather useless to add it to this poll.

Most cold lovers don't really need -70 C or -80 C winter, they're probably content in the -20 C to 0 C range, making Asia or North America better. Also, even the most hardcore cold lovers still want SOMETHING that resembles summer weather, say highs of at least 15 C.

Old 07-18-2017, 04:45 PM

3,212 posts, read 3,176,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex985 View Post
You really believe anyone would choose Antarctica as the best continent in terms of climate? Even people who love the cold hate Antarctica's climate. It was rather useless to add it to this poll.

Most cold lovers don't really need -70 C or -80 C winter, they're probably content in the -20 C to 0 C range, making Asia or North America better. Also, even the most hardcore cold lovers still want SOMETHING that resembles summer weather, say highs of at least 15 C.
shalop

Old 07-18-2017, 04:55 PM

22,216 posts, read 21,681,771 times
For the sake of consistency, Europe shouldn't be on this list -it's not a continent as such.

If it is going to be on here, then Australia must go, and be replaced with Oceania only.

Old 07-18-2017, 06:57 PM

11,655 posts, read 12,960,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by f5fstop View Post
No problem here with comprehension skills I noted your judgmental exclusion of the Antarctica. I just made a statement that implied forgot a continent that should have been posted in the poll since your thread did say which continent has the best climate, so all should be posted.
What judgmental? This is my thread, bub. I can make up my own rules in the opening post. Be thankful that I provided a reason for excluding your continent. Besides, the vast majority of people wouldn't even vote for Antarctica.

Quote:
Your exclusion of the Antarctica is an assumption and when you ASSUME you do make an *** out of yourself. There might have been more than you think. But then, I am questioning the all knowing, so should I apologize? (That question is rhetorical in case you don't know, and if you don't know what rhetorical is, look it up.)
Do you realize how much of a sensitive snob you are? Gee, are you okay? Look, I do not need your apology, but let me apologize; I'm sorry that you're butthurt because I intentionally left out your dear continent.

Quote:
As for a non-regular, exactly what does that mean? It is not like I am a troll and this is my first post on City Data. So is are these subjective questions from this area of City-Data for a select group of members only? Does one have to bow down to you to be able to answer a question or make a statement? is this like your own private domain here? Are you the owner of the City-Data forum?
Don't come here with a cocky, oblivious attitude. You now know very well that this is a subjective forum anyway, where we ask immanent questions like "what is your least favourite climate", etc. I really do not why you took it personally. But then again, many non-regulars come here with your demeanor as they have no idea what this forum is about. At least regulars understand each other and don't vaguely go "your question is subjective".

Old 07-18-2017, 07:26 PM

3,314 posts, read 2,216,776 times
North America easily with Asia as the runner-up.

Old 07-18-2017, 10:06 PM

7,733 posts, read 6,465,877 times
North America. You can find pretty much everything here. And we do 4 seasons better than anyone else.

2nd place is either Europe or Asia.

Old 07-18-2017, 11:44 PM

308 posts, read 225,600 times
Asia. Especially central and NE China, and Korea. Beijing, Xi'an, Shenyang, Seoul are all fantastic climates.
The North American equivalent climates are too unstable in the winter and spring.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather