Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2018, 04:30 PM

2,652 posts, read 3,411,364 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by overdrive1979 View Post
By the way, the name of your hometown is French, which I find it quite curious, lol.
The name of the city currently I live in Indiana is also originally derived from French yet there's nothing really resembles about it lol (American people put a strong emphasis on H sound for Haute in pronunciation)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2018, 04:42 PM

2,090 posts, read 4,247,994 times
Duluth, MN
Bozeman, MT
Aspen, CO
Ashville, NC

Old 01-29-2018, 04:52 PM

2,652 posts, read 3,411,364 times
Northeast= Northern New England (Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont)
Southeast= Boone in North Carolina / Beckley in West Virginia / Various places along the Appalachians
Northwest= Olympia, Olympic National Park, Mount Rainier National Park in Washington / Yellowstone National Park in Wyoming
Southwest= Lake Tahoe, Olympic Valley, Yosemite National Park in California / Flagstaff in Arizona

Last edited by tenkier7; 01-29-2018 at 05:04 PM..

Old 01-29-2018, 10:02 PM

9,182 posts, read 12,130,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baba_Wethu View Post
Anywhere along the west coast, including Seattle and Vancouver. On the east coast, Maine, and Canada.
Seattle and Vancouver have more than 500,000 people. If population didn't matter, then San Francisco would be the coldest in July.

Old 01-29-2018, 11:32 PM

11,122 posts, read 5,593,114 times
Quote:
Hello everyone.
I'm thinking about a trip I will make at any time within the next five years to the United States during summer holidays, so I need some tips about that.

So, as I dislike muggy, hot weather conditions so much, I'm looking for the coldest small cities with lower averages for the month of July.
I'm not interested to visit small, boring towns with less than 5.000 inhabitants, nor cities bigger than 500.000 inhabitants ones either because big cities are a nightmare with lot of tourists, traffic jams, etc.

Thus, I really want to travel around the whole country, I mean northeast, northwest, southwest and southeast.
So, can you help me to find one city for every four quadrant of United States which fit with all the earlier toughts I've told before?

Here is a map of mainland United States divided in four areas, excluding Alaska which I won't visit that time. Thanks in advance!

https://goo.gl/images/CXfwY2

Leadville, Colorado, at 10,162 feet of altitude, has an average of 278 days a year, when the temperature is below freezing, at daybreak. The marathon runner, Buddy Edelin, once took a job there as a teacher, so he could train every day, at that high altitude.

Old 01-30-2018, 12:48 AM

10,420 posts, read 14,605,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
Leadville, Colorado, at 10,162 feet of altitude, has an average of 278 days a year, when the temperature is below freezing, at daybreak. The marathon runner, Buddy Edelin, once took a job there as a teacher, so he could train every day, at that high altitude.
Leadville's population once rivaled Denver's. Oscar Wilde once lectured there on ornament in dress. The street in front of the Tabor Opera House was paved with silver. However, that was a long time ago.

It's just across Independence Pass from Aspen; it's well worth a visit.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leadville%2C_Colorado

Old 01-30-2018, 07:13 AM

Location: Segovia, central Spain, 1230 m asl, Csb Mediterranean with strong continental influence, 40º43 N
3,094 posts, read 3,576,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tenkier7 View Post
Northeast= Northern New England (Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont)
Southeast= Boone in North Carolina / Beckley in West Virginia / Various places along the Appalachians
Northwest= Olympia, Olympic National Park, Mount Rainier National Park in Washington / Yellowstone National Park in Wyoming
Southwest= Lake Tahoe, Olympic Valley, Yosemite National Park in California / Flagstaff in Arizona
It sounds great. Sure I will visit all those places as a tourists within a trip once Trump will leave the government as I wouldn't feel safe myself as I've actually notices how Trump dislikes European people.

Old 01-30-2018, 07:23 AM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,496,782 times
Quote:
It sounds great. Sure I will visit all those places as a tourists within a trip once Trump will leave the government as I wouldn't feel safe myself as I've actually notices how Trump dislikes European people.
That's silly; I don't like Trump but I don't think he dislike European people; perhaps people from third-world countries. Regardless, Trump being president isn't going to have any effect on your travels.

Old 01-30-2018, 08:21 AM

Location: Segovia, central Spain, 1230 m asl, Csb Mediterranean with strong continental influence, 40º43 N
3,094 posts, read 3,576,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nei View Post
That's silly; I don't like Trump but I don't think he dislike European people; perhaps people from third-world countries. Regardless, Trump being president isn't going to have any effect on your travels.
Well, it's not how Trump would directly has any effect on me as a tourist, but customs police officers at the airports following Trump rules.

Old 01-30-2018, 08:50 AM

1,584 posts, read 2,085,060 times
Quote:
Well, it's not how Trump would directly has any effect on me as a tourist, but customs police officers at the airports following Trump rules.
You'll be fine. A lot of the Trump stuff is, admittedly, a little overblown and I'm not even really much of a Trump guy. It won't affect anything you do. I encounter tourists from all over the world where I live. Asia. Europe. Australia, wherever.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather