Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2017, 07:35 PM

2,949 posts, read 2,918,883 times

Advertisements

Southern Hemisphere discusion is very empty later on. So i kick it off.

First couple of days of September were warm here, but then we had some rain and now some cool and dry days below normal.
In other news, the west of the country may have a significant snowfall next weekend. Even at 1000m.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2017, 12:47 AM

269 posts, read 199,952 times
Ohh.... It's September. Wow!, I didn't have a clue because overcast, rain, freezing wind and oceanic temperatures definelty doesnt remind me of September.... Definetly not!

Old 09-06-2017, 04:57 AM

7,033 posts, read 4,957,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Longaotian View Post
Ohh.... It's September. Wow!, I didn't have a clue because overcast, rain, freezing wind and oceanic temperatures definelty doesnt remind me of September.... Definetly not!
Yep, with snow down to 300m the other day it certainly doesn't feel like spring.

Old 09-06-2017, 08:11 AM

Location: João Pessoa,Brazil(The easternmost point of Americas)
2,540 posts, read 2,006,171 times
Definitively not spring yet in the southern part of the continent, cold air still are strong this time of year due to the very cold ocean, so spring only arrive in November there, people in northern Hemisphere complains about cold and snow in March, they don't know what is live in Southern Hemisphere Antarcticholes when you get below freezing temperatures in the middle of summer LOL.

Spoiler

Old 09-06-2017, 08:16 AM

Location: João Pessoa,Brazil(The easternmost point of Americas)
2,540 posts, read 2,006,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgtheone View Post
Yep, with snow down to 300m the other day it certainly doesn't feel like spring.
Sea temperatures are below normal all over Western and Southern Australia, cold spring ahead?

Old 09-06-2017, 12:49 PM

22,216 posts, read 21,687,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Longaotian View Post
The first six days of September have averaged 9.8C/18.1C in Auckland, so the temperatures aren't unusually cold, and certainly not freezing. Maybe a little wetter than usual, but September sees a decrease in sunshine from August anyway, so all in all, the weather doesn't seem different to what can be expected in September.

A wet start to spring here, although due to number of rain days rather than rainfall total. Have had thunder two days in a row, and yesterday was the first 20C day of spring.... so not all bad.

Old 09-06-2017, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe90 View Post
The first six days of September have averaged 9.8C/18.1C in Auckland, so the temperatures aren't unusually cold, and certainly not freezing. Maybe a little wetter than usual, but September sees a decrease in sunshine from August anyway, so all in all, the weather doesn't seem different to what can be expected in September.

A wet start to spring here, although due to number of rain days rather than rainfall total. Have had thunder two days in a row, and yesterday was the first 20C day of spring.... so not all bad.
6.0C/15.2C is our first six days which is like 1-2C below

As for ghost-likin pls no

Old 09-07-2017, 12:47 AM

22,216 posts, read 21,687,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgtheone View Post
6.0C/15.2C is our first six days which is like 1-2C below

As for ghost-likin pls no
4.5C/14.5C for here, with rain on 5/7 days, and definitely not the sunniest week I've ever experienced - tis a season of mud. Today has the heaviest snowfall on the hills of the last few weeks though.

Coldest low altitude 7 days for the country so far, looks like Earnscleugh at -0.6C/13.1C and 1/7 days with rain.

Wouldn't mind checking out them Victorian Alps for a few days of skiing at some point -very pretty. Was going skiing here tomorrow but my wagon got totaled -will be car hunting instead.

Old 09-07-2017, 03:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe90 View Post
4.5C/14.5C for here, with rain on 5/7 days, and definitely not the sunniest week I've ever experienced - tis a season of mud. Today has the heaviest snowfall on the hills of the last few weeks though.

Coldest low altitude 7 days for the country so far, looks like Earnscleugh at -0.6C/13.1C and 1/7 days with rain.

Wouldn't mind checking out them Victorian Alps for a few days of skiing at some point -very pretty. Was going skiing here tomorrow but my wagon got totaled -will be car hunting instead.
It's now 5.8°C/15.2°C with 5/7 days of rain - stats just updated. What is interesting is that each day has had some sun despite the showers, and the cloudiest day was one of the only dry days.

I have a break coming up so I'm thinking of having a couple of drives around the nearby ranges.

Old 09-11-2017, 10:40 AM

2,949 posts, read 2,918,883 times
next...>
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather