Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2016, 05:34 PM

171 posts, read 133,727 times

Advertisements

Sick and tired of the South America/Argentina monopoly in the "Southern Hemisphere" thread and everything else being ignored, so lets discuss OZ/NZ weather here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2016, 05:55 PM

11,655 posts, read 12,974,985 times
I also avoid the SH thread because of the rampant South America clogging. When it rains, they upload dozen of pictures of flooded roads and when it snows they have countless pictures of snowy fields - Like, yeah, we totally didn't know how rain and snow look like on ground. And the worst thing is that they upload so many photos on one post (sheesh), and it isn't just one user who does this.

Anyway, back to the topic. I thought this spring was quite good (I know you'd disagree). I enjoyed the mildness and cool evenings. It really seemed like a transitional season. Last springs have been way too drastic. Cool Augusts followed by hot November-like Septembers. I hate sudden seasonal changes. This spring was nicely gradual.

Old 11-11-2016, 06:04 PM

4,877 posts, read 4,222,419 times
All I have to say about this thread is that you Australians and New Zealanders have practically a tropical or at least a subtropical paradise climate; unlike the unlivable winters that we Americans have to deal with every winter..........and........All the truly Sh**ty climates that are located in my neck of the woods, AKA the Midwestern United States; all in all, you aussies have nothing to really complain about-try living somewhere like Chicago or Detroit and then you'll realize how truly blessed you are.

Old 11-11-2016, 06:15 PM

7,033 posts, read 4,960,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
I also avoid the SH thread because of the rampant South America clogging. When it rains, they upload dozen of pictures of flooded roads and when it snows they have countless pictures of snowy fields - Like, yeah, we totally didn't know how rain and snow look like on ground. And the worst thing is that they upload so many photos on one post (sheesh), and it isn't just one user who does this.

Anyway, back to the topic. I thought this spring was quite good (I know you'd disagree). I enjoyed the mildness and cool evenings. It really seemed like a transitional season. Last springs have been way too drastic. Cool Augusts followed by hot November-like Septembers. I hate sudden seasonal changes. This spring was nicely gradual.
I know haha. WE GET IT YOU HAVE CRAZY WEATHER AAAAAAAAAAAA

Anyway, this spring has sucked balls. But, there are a couple of 30°C days on the horizon which I'm most certainly looking forward to

At the moment though, 12pm, we have some 17°C dewpoints with a temperature of 22°C Little bit humid for a change. I actually don't mind humid weather if it's mild.

Old 11-11-2016, 06:17 PM

Location: João Pessoa,Brazil(The easternmost point of Americas)
2,540 posts, read 2,007,349 times
In Northern Hemisphere thread everytime it rain or snow there they post about,every day Cambium and others post a lot of model images and etc,so why can't I post about South America? if I dont post the thread will stop in time because yours pratically don't post there,yours all have to remember that the Southern Hemisphere are most ocean,so we dont have all that diversity,it is South America,Australia and New Zealand(rarely South Africa).
I post a lot about South America because the diversity here is greater,and I ever will post when an interesting weather pattern appear,isnt my fault if yours climate are so BORING.

Old 11-11-2016, 06:33 PM

765 posts, read 574,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost-likin View Post
In Northern Hemisphere thread everytime it rain or snow there they post about,every day Cambium and others post a lot of model images and etc,so why can't I post about South America? if I dont post the thread will stop in time because yours pratically don't post there,yours all have to remember that the Southern Hemisphere are most ocean,so we dont have all that diversity,it is South America,Australia and New Zealand(rarely South Africa).
I post a lot about South America because the diversity here is greater,and I ever will post when an interesting weather pattern appear,isnt my fault if yours climate are so BORING.
That's why there's a separate Europe thread too, The Americas take up too much space.

Old 11-11-2016, 06:37 PM

574 posts, read 1,307,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isleofpalms85 View Post
All I have to say about this thread is that you Australians and New Zealanders have practically a tropical or at least a subtropical paradise climate; unlike the unlivable winters that we Americans have to deal with every winter..........and........All the truly Sh**ty climates that are located in my neck of the woods, AKA the Midwestern United States; all in all, you aussies have nothing to really complain about-try living somewhere like Chicago or Detroit and then you'll realize how truly blessed you are.
'Tis a little chilly up here!

Old 11-11-2016, 06:39 PM

2,850 posts, read 1,973,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
I like those pics. But maybe we need a Southern Hemisphere Photo Thread for them.

Old 11-11-2016, 06:40 PM

765 posts, read 574,925 times
It can happen! Slightly cooler and more humid in the west right now.

Old 11-11-2016, 07:06 PM

574 posts, read 1,307,060 times
Great idea to start an Aus thread, I didn't bother to look at SH one as I am not interested in South American weather but of course I'm interested in Aus weather!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather