Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2018, 09:29 AM

7,733 posts, read 6,462,510 times

Advertisements

I'm hoping a mild and generally average fall. Wettish and warmish September, turning cooler to a cool and dry October and a November that alternatives between cool and dry, cold and damp and then snow.

No snow in October, please!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2018, 10:14 AM

83,520 posts, read 75,307,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadgerFilms View Post
I'm hoping a mild and generally average fall. Wettish and warmish September, turning cooler to a cool and dry October and a November that alternatives between cool and dry, cold and damp and then snow.

No snow in October, please!
Yeah, I dont want to experience another October snowstorm unless the leaves are hanging by a thread.

I was thinking about all the rain we been getting here and warmth... if Fall can dry up and cool down nicely at night we might have some vibrant Autumn Colors.

Old 08-02-2018, 07:58 PM

2,531 posts, read 1,863,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadgerFilms View Post
How far north/south do you live? I notice northern FL gets it first 60s around late September, southern FL by mid-late October. First 50s in mid October for northern FL and early November for south FL. So sad that in Florida we'd get excited for a low of 66!!!
Central FL just north of Lake O. It gets cool in evening times but it's still hot during the day time. Cold fronts can bring sharp variations in the temp, going from 45 in the morning to 80 by noon but then after sunset, the temps drop like 10 degrees in an hour.

North FL gets about 5 to 10 degrees cooler at night than central fl. Too bad we don't get colored leaves like TN.

Last edited by floridarebel; 08-02-2018 at 08:08 PM..

Old 08-04-2018, 10:37 PM

769 posts, read 479,899 times
Will probably be another warm fall in the PNW. I'd be all for it if it meant a January 1969 repeat, as that occurred during a weak El Nino.

Old 08-06-2018, 07:30 AM

217 posts, read 146,493 times
Can we correct the spelling and punctuation of this thread title since we'll be using this thread for months on end? Looks somewhat ridiculous.

My favorite thing about fall is it means it's football season! Also, towards the end I gain about 10 hours of free time as mowing, gardening, farm work slows down then dissipates.

Old 08-06-2018, 08:09 AM

1,916 posts, read 1,459,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by comm08 View Post
Can we correct the spelling and punctuation of this thread title since we'll be using this thread for months on end? Looks somewhat ridiculous.

My favorite thing about fall is it means it's football season! Also, towards the end I gain about 10 hours of free time as mowing, gardening, farm work slows down then dissipates.
I agree. It would be nice if a mod can fix the title.

Old 08-11-2018, 03:25 AM

245 posts, read 142,967 times
I am hoping for a nice 15ish september october and late august. I hope a cold November december january and february.

Old 08-13-2018, 04:35 AM

83,520 posts, read 75,307,397 times
Accuweather Fall Forecast

https://www.accuweather.com/en/weath...-west/70005621

Quote:
It will be a gradual transition to fall for the Northeast and mid-Atlantic this year, as warmth lingers for both regions.

The Southeast will remain at risk for a tropical impact and flooding rainfall while the Southwest sizzles in scorching heat.

Meanwhile, the central and northern Plains will get a little bit of everything, including the threat for some early-season snow.

Gradual transition to fall in store for Northeast, mid-Atlantic and eastern Ohio Valley

A warm fall is predicted overall for the Northeast and mid-Atlantic as chilly air takes its time to arrive.

Warmth is set to linger across upstate New York, New England and the northern mid-Atlantic states, with nights cooling off before daytime highs start to drop.

“You can expect it to cool down the farther south and west you go due to precipitation,” AccuWeather Expert Long-Range Forecaster Paul Pastelok said.

The mid-Atlantic, in particular, may be faced with tropical rainfall early in the season.

“There’s been a lot of rainfall for the spring and summer, so if we do get any tropical impact, the risk of flash flooding will exist,” Pastelok said.

While autumn may take longer than usual to arrive, it will be a picturesque season if forecasters are correct. Dry weather in the Northeast paired will cool nights will pave the way for vibrant leaves to emerge across the region.

Flash flooding possible as wet weather continues for the Southeast

The persistent wet pattern that occurred over the summer may continue into fall for the Southeast.

New Orleans, Louisiana; Birmingham, Alabama; Atlanta, Georgia; and Nashville and Chattanooga, Tennessee; are in the path to receive more rainfall after an already wet summer.

“I’d be watching for flash flooding in the area,” Pastelok said.

Systems coming out of the southwest could create severe weather into October, he said.

Meanwhile, a transition to El Niño may mean a quieter hurricane season than originally predicted.

El Niño is a part of a routine climate pattern that occurs when sea surface temperatures in the tropical Pacific Ocean rise to above-normal levels for an extended period of time.

“We’re definitely looking at a different season than last year,” Pastelok said.

Two to three U.S. impacts are predicted, and forecasters will have their eyes on the southeastern Gulf heading into September.

'Bit of everything' in store from the western Ohio Valley to the central and northern Plains

From the western Ohio Valley to the central and northern Plains, forecasters predict there’s a bit of everything on the cards.

Much of the northern Plains and Upper Midwest will have back-and-forth periods of wet and dry weather.

Temperature-wise, the season will start off warm before a blast of chilly air comes down from Canada.

This could lead to some early snow events.

Pastelok said, “If systems start coming out of the southwest, which we expect in mid- to late October, it could lead to some mixed rain and snow events across that area.”

El Niño may send much-needed rainfall to the southern Plains

While much of the southern Plains will be enduring drought as the fall season begins, a reversal is in store.

El Niño typically strengthens the southern jet stream, which could increase rainfall in September or October, Pastelok said.

Depending on how strong the southern jet stream becomes, drought conditions could be dramatically lessened or even ended during the fall season.

The wet weather will also help to cool down the air after a rather warm start.

Summer to linger in the Southwest with some extreme temperatures predicted

Hot and dry conditions will grip the Southwest early in the season.

“There could be some extreme temperatures in September for the Desert Southwest from Phoenix on westward,” Pastelok said.

These conditions will keep the threat for fires high before October brings a turnaround to cooler weather.

Meanwhile, dryness and dangerous fire conditions will continue for California.

“It looks like a really bad year for them,” Pastelok said.

Northwest, Rockies to see turnaround to cooler weather by mid-season

As is typical, the Northwest and Rockies will endure hot conditions into the early fall.

Temperatures will be steamy, but they won’t rival the summer of 2017.

Regardless, this will stoke the fire threat early on.

By mid-fall, a quick turnaround is predicted from hot weather to cooler air.

“You could be in hot and dry weather, then a week later, it could pretty cold with snow in the higher elevations,” Pastelok said.

Ski areas will benefit from an early start to the season, he added.

Old 08-13-2018, 11:19 AM

6,344 posts, read 4,407,749 times
So exactly what is happening now?

Old 08-13-2018, 11:53 AM

29,533 posts, read 19,620,154 times
https://twitter.com/commoditywx/stat...61305355907072
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather