Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2021, 04:07 PM

1,965 posts, read 1,267,629 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veritas Vincit View Post
I do not believe there is any correlation whatsoever. I believe there might be a tendency for extroverts to like warm weather and introverts to be more commonly found among cold lovers, but that does not have much to do with politics.
I'm the warm-loving introvert.

I specifically like "monsoonal style" warm-end subtropical to tropical climates with high enough year-round rainfall to support lush vegetation, but also with some time of dry-season break. Something like the city below, but basically with warmer winters (i.e. highs 70°F range and lows 50°F range).
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miyazaki_(city)#Climate
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2021, 07:01 PM

308 posts, read 225,492 times
I have a mix of progressive, classical liberal, and conservative views so I guess it would make sense that I like hot summers and cold winters.

Old 01-14-2021, 07:10 PM

61,699 posts, read 87,101,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metsfan257 View Post
I don’t know if it’s just the case in my area, but I have noticed that cold and snow lovers tend to lean right-wing as opposed to warm weather fans who are more on the political left. Is the same true in your area and if so, what do you think may cause this? I think it may be that at least in the US, immigrants are from hotter climates (I was born in Ponce, Puerto Rico, lived there only 3 years tho). For reference, I’m a moderate who prefers mild to warm weather. Give me your thoughts.
Sure, some politicians change their mind like the wind changes directions...

Last edited by elnina; 01-14-2021 at 07:21 PM..

Old 01-14-2021, 07:56 PM

10,555 posts, read 7,755,116 times
No correlation. Look at the most conservative states in US and countries in the world. Most of them are hot. Most liberal countries are generally Northern Europe.
For US it’s more about rural/urban, coastal/inland and perhaps ethnic divides.
Liberal here and spend my time in coastal Alaska and windward Hawaii, both area known for lots of clouds and rain. Hawaii location gets more inches of rain but no where near so persistently wet and cloudy, btw.

Old 02-09-2021, 01:49 AM

927 posts, read 586,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metsfan257 View Post
I don’t know if it’s just the case in my area, but I have noticed that cold and snow lovers tend to lean right-wing as opposed to warm weather fans who are more on the political left. Is the same true in your area and if so, what do you think may cause this? I think it may be that at least in the US, immigrants are from hotter climates (I was born in Ponce, Puerto Rico, lived there only 3 years tho). For reference, I’m a moderate who prefers mild to warm weather. Give me your thoughts.
Right wing people tend to have tough skin on all fronts which I noticed this years ago on this site that the most left leaning people were absolute whimps against anything below 75F but I don't think politics has to do with it all. A lot of people are strictly vegetarian believing the new age hype about it and ignoring consequences to the body so can't figure out why they are actually dying inside if they even noticed. Some eventually will when they hit mid age and wind up being the 'drain' on healthcare then cry how we need the government to play daddy and mommy. Okay rant over. http://forums.macresource.com/smileys/soapbox.gif

Old 02-09-2021, 02:50 AM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,601,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VulcanRabbi View Post
Right wing people tend to have tough skin on all fronts which I noticed this years ago on this site that the most left leaning people were absolute whimps against anything below 75F but I don't think politics has to do with it all. A lot of people are strictly vegetarian believing the new age hype about it and ignoring consequences to the body so can't figure out why they are actually dying inside if they even noticed. Some eventually will when they hit mid age and wind up being the 'drain' on healthcare then cry how we need the government to play daddy and mommy. Okay rant over. http://forums.macresource.com/smileys/soapbox.gif
I also know plenty of right wing people who can't handle anything above 90°F......

Old 02-09-2021, 10:11 AM

18,757 posts, read 11,794,120 times
Well I'm definitely not right wing but I love love love love this huge dump of snow and frigid weather. I've been out in it for hours this week shoveling snow and walking around. It was about 10 degrees last night and I was gone for 3 hours.

I shoveled three neighbors side walks and by our garage and the neighbors and walked down to the rental and shoved that drive and sidewalk. It was snowing so much that I had to come home and do what I did all over again. OMG it was so beautiful and I didn't want to go in. I love those big fluffy flakes and the shadows they make on the street falling in front of the street lights.

There's something about snow that triggers that smile center in my brain, but warm summer nights and lightening bugs do it as well. So does Halloween colors and a brisk fall night with a full moon.

I don't think these things have anything to do with politics. The Earth is a magical place in all seasons.

Old 02-11-2021, 02:58 AM

2,230 posts, read 1,715,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealDavid View Post
I have a mix of progressive, classical liberal, and conservative views so I guess it would make sense that I like hot summers and cold winters.
Same on political views, but I like cool summers and warm winters.

Old 02-11-2021, 10:55 AM

735 posts, read 654,757 times
Leftist that likes oceanic with continental influence and a drying trend in the summer. Tbh I don’t see a correlation between climate and political views, but perhaps geography as a whole can influence where large cities are and the types of political views that are typical of said cities.

Old 02-27-2021, 02:33 AM

6,376 posts, read 5,000,641 times
If there is a correlation, gender might be one reason.

I'm leftish (around Bernie) and male, and am fine with any kind of weather except when it's hot and muggy at night. I also hate overcast skies. Mountain West climates are ideal for me. If I have to boil it down to one side, though, I'm a cold-weather person.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather