Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2023, 06:30 PM

901 posts, read 345,959 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by veshyvonny View Post
Melbourne is less green becaue of the houses and buildings
Uhmm, no can't you see the clearly flaxen landmass immediately outside of the city area? Adelaide is also built up, but is still very clearly green.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2023, 06:36 PM

419 posts, read 220,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WesterlyWX View Post
Uhmm, no can't you see the clearly flaxen landmass immediately outside of the city area? Adelaide is also built up, but is still very clearly green.
OK, you got me there. But still, you'll probably have to give us Melburnians water. We're in a serious drought right now. We have become just like Alice Springs.

Old 09-01-2023, 07:33 PM

5,722 posts, read 3,505,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greysrigging View Post
The BoM winter rainfall map shows the record June rainfall in the tropics and well below average rain in most of the south east and western coastal WA
That's a good point, their rainfall forecast didn't work out. Although in their defence, if your average monthly rainfall is ~4 mm (e.g., Tennant Creek) all it takes is a single system to convert your best forecast into catastrophe.

Old 09-02-2023, 01:55 AM

1,223 posts, read 720,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WesterlyWX View Post
The current sat pic of the southern mainland doesn't strike me as particularly 'dry'...at all really. As green as ever in the usual windward areas, and flaxen in the usual Monaro and east coastal plain regions.

Notice also how Melbourne is the outlier in VIC...take note veshyvonny Mildura is almost greener than Melbourne lol.
But even a dry season in the winter months is still generally somewhat green in the winter months... a bit of rain, the lower cooler temps without evaporation still keeps winter and spring mostly greenish in Victoria.
As opposed to the New England Ranges which look dry and drought stricken in the winter months due to the months of killing winter frosts... oh and of course those northern locales have a summer bias rainfall, which much of Vic/Southern NSW windward side doesn't have due to the cloudier conditions in winter.

Old 09-02-2023, 03:58 PM

22,216 posts, read 21,658,893 times
Some amazing conditions up the mountain yesterday, with packed powder and a few centimeters of fluff in the gullies .... all good - however, any north facing slope had some of the finest corn snow a skier could ever hope to ski. Corn is normally confined to sections of a run/ridge, but this was top to bottom stuff. Was flippin awesome!

Old 09-03-2023, 05:33 AM

2,931 posts, read 1,308,387 times
Where did the humidity thread about Perth go?

Old 09-03-2023, 05:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddy234 View Post
Where did the humidity thread about Perth go?
I think it was deleted or reported. I noticed it went when i tried to look for a funny comment on it but it didn't show up.

Old 09-05-2023, 08:20 PM

How low will the snow go this weekend?

Source: Weather Maps

Old 09-05-2023, 11:57 PM

Oh how i miss La Nina, September just started and it's warm and sunny already, same for August. I miss the rain!

Old 09-06-2023, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by veshyvonny View Post
Oh how i miss La Nina, September just started and it's warm and sunny already, same for August. I miss the rain!
You'll get a taste of winter starting soon. The weather could be quite interesting for the football game Thursday night.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather