Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2007, 03:29 AM

8,966 posts, read 20,391,085 times

Advertisements

Well, after this winter here in Colorado (Parker area), I/we don't want any thing else to do with "lots of snow and freezing temps". Heck, I'm still TRYING to recover from the fall I took at our driveway (on snow/ice) just before Christmas Day. I now have to see an Orthpedic Doctor. A lot of times my right shoulder hurts like all "H__", loosing sleep at night (due to the pain) and have to take a prescription pain killer and Motrin to feel better. We both use to love the kind of winter months that are here in the Denver area, but NO MORE! We are now "summer people" with the love for boating and fishing.
Temps we like: Around 85 during the day and somewhat cool at night. Some t-storms in the summer are fine and a "little snow" (5" or so...or so meaning only a couple of inches more) for the entire winter.
No more Colorado winters for us after this one.....packing up everything and moving to NC where the winters ARE much better than here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2007, 07:59 AM

9,589 posts, read 27,823,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdCanadian View Post
Maybe you should look into moving closer to Canada because our lack of 60 F or higher weather has seemed like our main climate fault in Ontario as long as I can remember.
Typo; should be main climate flaw.

Old 01-19-2007, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elfyum View Post
Ya'll who said sh*t like 20's - man if I'd been drinking or eating I'd've spit it out!!!!!!!!!! Are you guys for REAL???!!!
(Then again, I'm sure you're all saying the same about ME! )
Nope, not me.

The hottest, driest weather I've experienced was 103 F and 35% humidity and it felt pretty darn good!
That's when the shade feels toasty.
(I don't think I'd want it that hot for sleeping though.)

Old 01-19-2007, 09:00 AM

20,004 posts, read 77,421,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elfyum View Post
110's+ (never felt 120's but I'd take that anyday!!!)
>10% humidity!!!!!!!
Same ALL YEAR, DAY & NIGHT!!! 24/7!!!!!!!!!
The HOTTER & DRIER the BETTER!!!!!!!!!!

Ya'll who said sh*t like 20's - man if I'd been drinking or eating I'd've spit it out!!!!!!!!!! Are you guys for REAL???!!!
(Then again, I'm sure you're all saying the same about ME! )
If you like that weather, what on earth are you doing in Miami????

Old 01-19-2007, 09:53 AM

2,639 posts, read 3,228,411 times
Sunny

No Humidity

70s Day

30s or 40s Night

Occasional Rain

Light Breeze

With that kind of weather, just think of all the energy one would conserve~no heat or A/C needed.

Old 01-19-2007, 10:05 AM

20,004 posts, read 77,421,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amjb View Post
Sunny

No Humidity

70s Day

30s or 40s Night

Occasional Rain

Light Breeze

With that kind of weather, just think of all the energy one would conserve~no heat or A/C needed.
Youd definitely need heat at night in the 30s and 40s, trust me, Im from Northern Illinois.

Old 01-19-2007, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
Youd definitely need heat at night in the 30s and 40s, trust me, Im from Northern Illinois.
No actually, I don't. It has been in the 30s this past week where I live in Texas, and I don't need the heat. I love it. I do wear a sweatshirt over a tee shirt, sweatpants, and socks, but it's so refreshing. I'm not overweight either, so it isn't "blubber" keeping me warm. I just love the cold. Now when I take a walk outside, I have to wear a coat, hat, and gloves but inside, it's not 30 degrees, more like the mid or high 50s.

It did get down to 20s back in December with a teen temp wind chill, and I had to break down and turn the heat on for a little while to take the chill off the house. My house isn't gigantic, about 1,400 square heat, but insulated well.

I do have a little electric foot heater of sort that I use when working on my computer or watching TV but when I'm "ginning", that keeps me plenty warm.

Now in the summer, the A/C runs constantly. I guess I'm just warm natured.

Old 01-19-2007, 12:50 PM

Quote:

Now in the summer, the A/C runs constantly. I guess I'm just warm natured.
Warm natured? I never heard that anywhere but on the City Data forum... Is it a Texan saying?

Old 01-19-2007, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdCanadian View Post
Warm natured? I never heard that anywhere but on the City Data forum... Is it a Texan saying?

No, it isn't a Texan saying, and I'm not a Texan anyway. I just live here.

Cold natured, warm natured, hot natured ~ I've been saying these phrases all my life. Maybe it's a USA thing, I don't know.

Old 01-19-2007, 05:51 PM

Quote:
No, it isn't a Texan saying, and I'm not a Texan anyway. I just live here.

Cold natured, warm natured, hot natured ~ I've been saying these phrases all my life. Maybe it's a USA thing, I don't know.
Thanks for the explanation.

I still have no idea what nature I am, but I like being able to go barefoot and to do that, 75 F or higher is the best weather for my toes. I'm definitely a summer person.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather