Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2007, 06:32 PM

6,588 posts, read 17,552,477 times

Advertisements

I like the days when the L.A. basin gets the marine layer in the morning that burns off in the afternoon, with temps in the high 70s. Lows in the 50s. Luckily, we get that kind of weather here a lot, especially in May and June. I don't even mind when the marine layer stays all day, because at least it keeps the temperatures down. When the weather pattern shifts, that means the San Fernando Valley is looking at temps in the 90s. I don't like heat! I might like it more if I had central air instead of a window unit, though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2007, 08:15 PM

23,017 posts, read 34,387,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amjb View Post
No, it isn't a Texan saying, and I'm not a Texan anyway. I just live here.

Cold natured, warm natured, hot natured ~ I've been saying these phrases all my life. Maybe it's a USA thing, I don't know.
I've heard that all my life and I think everyone know's I'm HOT natured

Old 01-20-2007, 01:08 AM

1,316 posts, read 5,789,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
If you like that weather, what on earth are you doing in Miami????
Honey, have you ever felt the desert in the winter???!!!

Old 01-20-2007, 05:08 AM

2,639 posts, read 3,225,878 times
Hey ILNC,

You should have gone to NC in the summer time to get away from the heat we BOTH hate. Just kidding, but as you know, the weather in TX is wonderful right now.

I can't wait for you to post photos of your trip.

Take care, and stay safe!

Old 01-20-2007, 02:01 PM

81 posts, read 356,277 times
To me, the following are essentially perfect climes:

http://www.wunderground.com/history/...q_statename=NA

http://www.wunderground.com/history/...q_statename=NA

Old 01-20-2007, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by starfields View Post

Well, I certainly don't have any desire to live in Mexico as I don't speak the language and don't plan on learning it.

My son visited Cancun and left only days before that bad hurricane hit the area. I believe it was in 2005. Not only do I not desire even visiting Mexico, I definitely wouldn't want to live in any area that receives hurricanes. Tornadoes are bad enough.

Last edited by KewGee; 01-20-2007 at 04:41 PM..

Old 01-21-2007, 05:52 AM

1,417 posts, read 6,908,723 times
The climate here in the Charlotte area is my favorite: nice, sunny, 4-season climate. The July average high is 90, warm enough to enjoy a good swim without getting chilly. Humidity is really tolerable (don't believe me, try any gulf coast state). Jan. average high is 49 with about 6" of snow a year (enough snow to be pretty and the kids to have fun, but not so much you end up hating it). Falls and Springs are absolute heaven here! Would never want to live in a climate that's the same all of the time or has weather extremes. I LOVE the variety. The climate here is just about right in every way, to me at least!

Last edited by friendnc; 01-21-2007 at 06:06 AM..

Old 01-21-2007, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
It's no secret I HATE hot weather and LOVE cold weather. Anything above 60 is too hot for me. That the main reason I want to leave Houston. I am in North Carolina right now and am lov'n the weather weather!

Hey ILNC. I just took a walk outside about 30 minutes ago in our beloved state of Texas and the temperature is only 54 degrees but beautifully sunny. I actually got too warm and had to wear just a tee shirt. I'm beginning to agree with you that anything above 60 degrees is too warm as long as it's sunny and not damp. Today is just wonderful.

Old 01-21-2007, 12:21 PM

9,589 posts, read 27,811,439 times
Quote:

Hey ILNC. I just took a walk outside about 30 minutes ago in our beloved state of Texas and the temperature is only 54 degrees but beautifully sunny. I actually got too warm and had to wear just a tee shirt. I'm beginning to agree with you that anything above 60 degrees is too warm as long as it's sunny and not damp. Today is just wonderful.
I agree 50's, sunny and dry can be great weather. I can even handle being in just a t-shirt, down to 55 F (and shorts if I'm being active) if the winds are calm as well.

Where I live, we get over 200 days a year below 60 F, but of those cooler days maybe only 20-40 where it can be sunny, dry and calm all at the same time. Summer on the other hand, almost half the days here are sunny, calm and dry.

Last edited by ColdCanadian; 01-21-2007 at 01:13 PM..

Old 01-21-2007, 08:16 PM

23,017 posts, read 34,387,993 times
Quote:

Here in Maggie Valley the high was about 40 today with rain all day and I loved it even with the rain We have really enjoyed the cold weather! and our next trip will be in the summer, I'm not sure if it will the this coming summer or not, we want to see what all the seasons are like here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather