Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2008, 12:24 AM

2,819 posts, read 6,455,438 times

Advertisements

Weather is a number one factor for me relocating probaly, I'm lucky because I actually love the cities with the climate I like. If I could do my high school education again I'd go for university entrance and perhaps study to become a meteorologist. But in terms of what I want to become (a professinal rugby player) the weather wouldn't be as much factor to me as it would be for me relocating.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2008, 01:51 AM

1,032 posts, read 1,505,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dxiweodwo View Post
^^
you sound like me

yes, weather is very important to me. I'm often caught daydreaming in class about being a meteorologist and living somewhere else colder and snowier , I know it's really corny
haha... Got to love the weather! People at my school are like, 'how do you like the weather.... its boring'.... And then I go on about how it seems so cool etc...

Old 07-29-2008, 04:20 AM

574 posts, read 1,306,555 times
i like classrooms with windows so i can see the clouds and rain outside lol!

Old 07-29-2008, 10:24 AM

395 posts, read 859,655 times
I live in newfoundland, that's that big Ireland sized island at the top of the northeast. I never had much of a problem with the cold other than the fact the weather hovers around freezing for 9 months of the year and only 2 months of the year can you really go outside and enjoy the weather. However my biggest problem is the snow, rain, fog. We get more snow than anyone in north america during the winter, yet we still get loads of rain in the winter. The winter here is so bizzare i mean literally 3 feet of snow will fall in like 2 days followed by a week of rain, the weather here really plays with your emotions. When it's not the six months of winter or two months of summer, it's just cloudy cold and raining i guess much like British weather. So to some it up we get six month of British weather in our warm season, and six months of the wettest, windiest, snowiest weather in winter.

Old 07-29-2008, 11:52 AM

29,890 posts, read 9,962,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Power Storm View Post
haha... Got to love the weather! People at my school are like, 'how do you like the weather.... its boring'.... And then I go on about how it seems so cool etc...
haha yea, I know what you mean. I don't tell other kids I like the weather, I just inject it into a conversation.....

Old 07-30-2008, 07:26 PM

4,585 posts, read 12,366,662 times
Weather is very important to me, where I live now has created health problems and my docs have said to leave the long hot humid drippy summers and the horrific allergins that seem to reside here...not helpful the the real estate market died.

I'd like a dry temperate climate..not too hot and not too cold. Some of my compromise areas are the Yakima Valley, Spokane area or Southern Oregon.

Old 07-30-2008, 07:34 PM

5,296 posts, read 6,475,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilamx View Post
If everything else was great where you lived (education, quality of life, etc.) but the weather was horrible, would you just look over it?
Nope. Somewhere there's a place with all the things we seek.

Old 07-30-2008, 08:02 PM

28,803 posts, read 47,705,555 times
Lived my whole life with searingly hot, humid summers, beautiful spring and fall, and very cold, snowy winters.

Winters are worst.

When we retire I'm selling the snowblower on the way out of town...

Old 08-03-2008, 06:17 PM

1,818 posts, read 1,529,014 times
They weather is very important to me. I hate it when it is cold outside. I like doing things like hiking, biking, running, tennis, volleyball and here I can enjoy them outside all year. I also like to grow things and work in my yard. Here my plants can bloom all year. I may not have as many trees as other areas but at least mine have leaves all year long! The dead brown landscape I had 6 months a year when I lived in MA was very depressing to me. Here my yard is lush and green all year. (yes even in the desert). Our backyard is like another room of the house. We spend a lot of time out there all year with our friends. In the winter if it's chilly we sit by the firepit, in the summer we have the pool.
When I lived in cold regions I never wanted to leave the house in the winter and I love the outdoors - so yes weather is VERY important to me.

Old 08-04-2008, 04:56 AM

5,054 posts, read 6,899,491 times
I seem to have your exact mentality.

Unfortunately, Melbourne's climate means languishing inside half the year. We can grow large varieties of plants aswell, being outside to enjoy them is another matter...well between May and October atleast...

The city is great, the weather sucks big time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather