Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2017, 09:22 AM

11,554 posts, read 9,329,863 times

Advertisements

You have to feel the vibe of the person you're talking to. If you keep on talking and the other person looks bored out of their mind, come on man, just drop the conversation. But other times it could work really well, if you're talking and you have a lot in common, like why not

What I don't like about New York is that many New Yorkers are the nasty mix of very extroverted+rude. Combined that is a very very bad combination, I'm guessing Miami is the same
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2017, 09:36 AM

16,191 posts, read 11,367,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warszawa View Post
You have to feel the vibe of the person you're talking to. If you keep on talking and the other person looks bored out of their mind, come on man, just drop the conversation. But other times it could work really well, if you're talking and you have a lot in common, like why not

What I don't like about New York is that many New Yorkers are the nasty mix of very extroverted+rude. Combined that is a very very bad combination, I'm guessing Miami is the same
One easy tell is the eyes. Someone can act interested all they want, but if their eyes keep fidgeting, looking elsewhere or are very emotionless, you can tell the person is bored. I get the feeling some people either just completely ignore very obvious body language or just simply don't care.

Yes there's no shortage of overly loud, abrasive, arrogant people here and guess where a lot of them are from?

People like that are the reason introverts tend to have a negative view on extroverted people.

Old 01-17-2017, 09:58 AM

11,554 posts, read 9,329,863 times
Yup, NYC is not a place you go for the people. I don't get the constant rush people feel like they have to be in, or the needless attitude, like wtf. I was happy living in NYC before but now I want to move somewhere else, with warmer people

Old 06-16-2020, 07:13 PM

11,655 posts, read 12,960,282 times
I noticed the most violent countries are usually near the tropics, and mass murderers or serial killers tend to be from cooler temperate areas.

Old 06-19-2020, 01:55 PM

4,877 posts, read 4,217,674 times
They don’t call it “Southern hospitality” just for the heck of it lol

Old 06-19-2020, 04:44 PM

3,696 posts, read 2,898,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isleofpalms85 View Post
They don’t call it “Southern hospitality” just for the heck of it lol
I've lived in the South in various locations previously. I think that there are nice people and jackasses in any part of the world.

So far from a US-centric view, I have personally found that the overall nicest people (warmest) ones tend to be in the upper Midwest/ general Midwest. They generally don't care where you are from or who you are related to and are the fastest to warm up to someone who is new to the area in my experience.

Old 06-19-2020, 06:15 PM

189 posts, read 117,294 times
I mean the *Florida Man meme* tells me a lot...all that heat does something to people

Old 06-20-2020, 04:36 AM

2,227 posts, read 1,404,431 times
I wouldn’t say I’m cold. I get along pretty well with others, and tend to be very chatty.

Old 06-20-2020, 05:39 AM

5,194 posts, read 1,873,231 times
I'm from the frozen north and I can kill a man with a withering glance, and I eat babies for breakfast. Make of that, what you will.

Old 11-26-2020, 08:06 PM

346 posts, read 199,346 times
I noticed that in warmer, more tropical climates - people often a bit laid back, especially the less developed areas. Someone mentioned in this thread that people in the tropics tend to be more 'violent' which is usually because many of the people in many tropical weather countries are often at an economic disadvantage, and feel they need to resort to crime to survive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather