Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships > Weddings
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2016, 11:45 AM

5,429 posts, read 4,461,642 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by upsadaisy View Post
yes! you are right. i am trying to decide between an elementary teacher or an accountant.

im looking for another job but nowhere else close to me is hiring bc retail is slow, or so they say
You have to look at long term hiring trends. The population of the United States is aging. Women are having fewer children. It would be a better bet longer term to work as a care worker with aging populations than being an elementary school teacher long term because there will be more demand for caring for the aging.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2016, 11:54 AM

5,429 posts, read 4,461,642 times
I've never married but I've observed how people in my social circle have done weddings over the years. The best weddings were the ones done on the beach in Hawaii.

Here's how it works....the couple goes to Hawaii and gets married. The only people who attend the wedding are the couple themselves, the person presiding over the ceremony, a photographer, and a videographer. That's all you need. Then the couple stays in Hawaii for the honeymoon for 7-14 days after. Good times!

If I were to get married, that's how I'd do it.

Old 03-03-2016, 10:18 AM

182 posts, read 118,796 times
The beach weddings I have been to, the ceremony was on the beach and the reception was elsewhere. Sometimes not even ON the beach.

Old 03-03-2016, 09:01 PM

1,304 posts, read 1,138,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WinterLover2 View Post
The beach weddings I have been to, the ceremony was on the beach and the reception was elsewhere. Sometimes not even ON the beach.
I heard of ppl doing that. But I def want mine on the beach, in the evening with the table all pretty and lit up. I have been coming up w/ a menu but its not perfect or anything. Since it's on the beach I was thinking barbecue and champane. And for appetizers like little sandwiches and pigs in a blanket. I couldnt really think of any beachy foods but that's how I want the reception to go.

The one thing I am struggling with is THE DRESS. I want something like a princess but if its gonna be on a beach then I might not want something that heavy maybe something simple with straps.

Old 03-03-2016, 10:27 PM

59 posts, read 50,953 times
I've always thought for a beachside wedding, the dress should definitely be light and airy. A là Cindy Crawford. Her lacy slip was just perfect.

Old 03-04-2016, 06:09 AM

182 posts, read 118,796 times
Quote:
I heard of ppl doing that. But I def want mine on the beach, in the evening with the table all pretty and lit up. I have been coming up w/ a menu but its not perfect or anything. Since it's on the beach I was thinking barbecue and champane. And for appetizers like little sandwiches and pigs in a blanket. I couldnt really think of any beachy foods but that's how I want the reception to go.
Here's the thing. At a lot of public beaches, that's just not possible. You can't just set up tables and chairs and have a reception in the middle of a public beach. Not sure what part of the country you live in, but here in Florida that is just NOT possible. The entire coast line is public property. Some resorts have beachfront property that leads up to the water, so that would be an option, but expect to pay tens of thousands of dollars to do this. You will also be forced to use their catering and alcohol (read: more $$$). Also some really old beachfront houses have been turned into B&B's and rent out their "back yard" for such, but the ones I have seen are very small.

Also alcohol (including champaigne) is also forbidden on a lot of beaches by law. And glass too (wine/champagne glasses)

Not to deter you, but the actual mechanics of doing something like this are a little harder than you probably think.

Old 03-04-2016, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Here's the thing. At a lot of public beaches, that's just not possible. You can't just set up tables and chairs and have a reception in the middle of a public beach. Not sure what part of the country you live in, but here in Florida that is just NOT possible. The entire coast line is public property. Some resorts have beachfront property that leads up to the water, so that would be an option, but expect to pay tens of thousands of dollars to do this. You will also be forced to use their catering and alcohol (read: more $$$). Also some really old beachfront houses have been turned into B&B's and rent out their "back yard" for such, but the ones I have seen are very small.

Also alcohol (including champaigne) is also forbidden on a lot of beaches by law. And glass too (wine/champagne glasses)

Not to deter you, but the actual mechanics of doing something like this are a little harder than you probably think.
Well ppl eat and have picnics on the beach and park their cars. Why not have a meal there? And ppl being alcohol to the beach all the time. I don't have to have alcohol tho, we could just have sparkling juice or something.

Old 03-04-2016, 10:46 PM

19,480 posts, read 25,159,022 times
Quote:
Well ppl eat and have picnics on the beach and park their cars. Why not have a meal there? And ppl being alcohol to the beach all the time. I don't have to have alcohol tho, we could just have sparkling juice or something.

I agree with winterlover. There is a huge difference between a family or a group of 5 or 6 friends bringing a picnic basket to the beach and sitting on towels or blankets and having a snack or meal and bringing tables & chairs (which do not stand up very well in sand) and food for a larger group of people.

Now, a picnic lunch on the beach for 10 or so people might work out but any more than that would be very difficult.

After you visit a few beaches you would see the difficulty in trying to do something like this on your own. Perhaps, there are parks near a beach where the rental fee for using their picnic tables & picnic area would be fairly low.

Quote:

Old 03-04-2016, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by germaine2626 View Post
I agree with winterlover. There is a huge difference between a family or a group of 5 or 6 friends bringing a picnic basket to the beach and sitting on towels or blankets and having a snack or meal and bringing tables & chairs (which do not stand up very well in sand) and food for a larger group of people.

Now, a picnic lunch on the beach for 10 or so people might work out but any more than that would be very difficult.

After you visit a few beaches you would see the difficulty in trying to do something like this on your own. Perhaps, there are parks near a beach where the rental fee for using their picnic tables & picnic area would be fairly low.
WEell it might not be that many people. I don't have anyone to invite except my mom and my sister and they could bring the kids. So it depends on my fiances family I guess.But there probably wont be that many ppl.

These are PUBLIC beaches not fancy private ones.

Old 03-05-2016, 05:55 AM

8,590 posts, read 12,350,394 times
Quote:
WEell it might not be that many people. I don't have anyone to invite except my mom and my sister and they could bring the kids. So it depends on my fiances family I guess.But there probably wont be that many ppl.

These are PUBLIC beaches not fancy private ones.
Again, while it's fun to dream, it would be wiser to plan a way to get out of your current living situation rather than plan a wedding when you do not currently have a boyfriend or a fiance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships > Weddings